Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion

Go down 
+20
Shanks!
ljlow
Right_sided_coach
Yeoyc
sandkie
triplepar
pocketace
Derek
TourSwing
duffader
solarpop
jhan18
Begbie
Slicer51
dmateo
Duval_S
andrew-golf
botak
pushslice
Lee36328
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 am

Ya, but theres only one off the sweetspot! Nothing beats hitting it flush ... !

Im trying hard to un-educate my hands ... Every time i keep the clubface open at address, my hands seem to compensate at impact and shut it.. Wonder ifthere are any good drills for that?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Ya, but theres only one off the sweetspot! Nothing beats hitting it flush ... !

Im trying hard to un-educate my hands ... Every time i keep the clubface open at address, my hands seem to compensate at impact and shut it.. Wonder ifthere are any good drills for that?

What is the ball flight when that happens? Especially the initial direction of the ball, straight, or to the left initially?
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Trying to hit a push-fade ... feet and shoulders alligned left ... Club face slightly open at address (intended starting line) ... Target further right

However, my eyes arent accustomed to an open club face ... And therefore I think my hands square the clubface or even shut it before impact ...

Usually ball starts in the direction of my feet/ shoulder allignment ... And stays there (50% of the time) ... Or now and then goes further left in the air (25% of the time) ... Sometimes, just sometimes, I get a beautiful push-fade

Stock shot is a draw ... with square allignment and square clubface at address
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:32 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Trying to hit a push-fade ... feet and shoulders alligned left ... Club face slightly open at address (intended starting line) ... Target further right

However, my eyes arent accustomed to an open club face ... And therefore I think my hands square the clubface or even shut it before impact ...

Usually ball starts in the direction of my feet/ shoulder allignment ... And stays there (50% of the time) ... Or now and then goes further left in the air (25% of the time) ... Sometimes, just sometimes, I get a beautiful push-fade

Stock shot is a draw ... with square allignment and square clubface at address

In that case I think I know what you mean. Seems like you said your hands actively square the club face, judging from your description of your stock shot.

Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 Attachment

Well, just to share, this is what works for me, using the diagram above for terminology reference:

As my hands are approaching impact, my right wrist is in extension. I try to keep this wrist extension right through impact. The feeling is as though I 'lock' my right wrist in extension as long as possible until well after impact. The finish would feel quite different, as though the club head is never allowed to pass the left hand if you know what I mean. This counteracts the natural tendency to want to square the club face with the hands.

Side note: I also find putting the ball a bit more toward the left helps to generate that outside in path. But in the rough, the ball must be more toward to right to get ball first contact, so I adjust with an even more open stance instead.

Hope that helps to shed some useful light.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Thx will keep at it ... I do have a CP release ... will try shorter swings with shorter clubs , and move my way up
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:38 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Thx will keep at it ... I do have a CP release ... will try shorter swings with shorter clubs , and move my way up

Great.

If you have a CP release, then another way to achieve that feel is to drive your hips through impact, feeling as though the hands are always trailing and never catch up.. That might do the trick.

You're right, it's easier to cut fade if the backswing is shorter.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Ya thats a good swing thought ... And compliments my ultimate goal ... Hitting slicefixer's knucklefades!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Slicefixer is highly acclaimed among swing enthusiasts. His book encyclopedia texarkana is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion   Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using new ball flight laws (D Plane) on the course - Sharing a discussion
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6