Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft

Go down 
+4
tronos
acidic88
WaterWoo
gabong
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft Empty
PostSubject: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 am

Hi,

I find this quite interesting.
It is expected that we will be buying mass produced products, but I did not expect it to be that crappy...

Back to top Go down
WaterWoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Selling 229 and come with a 300 dollars shaft doesn't made sense, hahaha that very true!
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:08 pm

WaterWoo wrote:
Selling 229 and come with a 300 dollars shaft doesn't made sense, hahaha that very true!

He does have a point, doesn't he?

So has anyone splashed USD$300 on a pro shaft and felt any major difference?
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, thought I should share a little of my limited experience at changing shafts. Being a beginner, I bought a TM R9 hybrid during the last Isetan sale. Played ok with it.. when I send it for regrip at BFG, DGman watched me played a couple of shots. He then change (yes, its easy being adjustable head) another shaft for me to try.

My reaction after hitting the first shot, WA! SHIOK! Feeling is great.. As I played a few more shots with it, I note the stats on trackman. Proceed to change back to stock shaft and played another few shots. Results on trackman, no where near! As the saying goes, I tried, I paid.. Love my hybrid now. Very Happy

I guess its more to matching the right shaft to my swing than saying stock shaft sucks.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm

though it was posted here before or WRX...many ppl mention that the stock shaft was clamped further up the shaft (bigger dia) and the after market shaft was nearer to the tip.

It was alleged that the clamp have been adjusted to be bigger than the shaft dia near the tip (after market) but smaller than the stock shaft dia (nearer to the center of the shaft) therefore stock will crack but the after market has no issues.

Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Here is another take on this issue.

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

the proof is in the pudding...

but this is the wrong way to prove that aftermarket shaft may be more suitable for different golfers.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:51 am

Pardon my french , but stock shafts suck! I've tried gaming them, and had to change to aftermarket shafts every single time .. the change is drastic and always for the better!

I havent splashed $300 just yet, but have bought second hand shafts on a number of occasions ... In fact i have the green Aldila NV from the first video in my hybrid , and absolutely love it! The Aldila Voodoo for Titleist in it originally doesnt even have any resale value!

Am now looking to replace my driver shaft with an x-flex, but am put off with the >$300 price tags! Still cant come to terms with shafts being more expensive than brand new clubs!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:21 pm

i wonder using a matrix ozik TPHD shaft will make any significant improvement? its a very expensive shaft.
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 pm

audi wrote:
i wonder using a matrix ozik TPHD shaft will make any significant improvement? its a very expensive shaft.

Well, like all aftermarket shaft, they are all pretty expensive.
So the comparison on price is irrelevant...

Have you tried it on a launch monitor?
Without data, it's really hard to point out if this shaft will fit your game.

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 pm

u mean simulator?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 am

audi wrote:
u mean simulator?

You should get custom fit using trackman with help of profesionnal club fitter. He will know what shaft will suit you the best .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft   Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stock Golf Shaft vs. True Aftermarket Shaft
Page 1 of 1