Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  Empty
PostSubject: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 am

Hi was wondering if the aftermarket shafts provided in clubs nowadays eg. Tour ad, ping premium range of clubs provide the same performance as compared
To the shafts sold individually at clubfitters?
Back to top Go down
handiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:10 pm

I understand that some clubfitters like BFG bring in their own shafts that have their brand inprinted so cant really tell what they are.

I also know for sure that comparing a Graphite design or other brands off the shelf at fitters and that already fitted on a club originally by factory may differ in butt diameter.
Quality should be pretty much similiar.

Any other thoughts?
Interesting topic.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:35 pm

after-market by the brand such as titleist will be softer meaning the stiffness will not be actual stiff compare to a shaft bought from the company will play to the stiffeness
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Very Happy Hi bros,

I also ask this question? And later found that It can be a sensitive topic.

Why?: There is 1 group of golfers who advocate that after market shaft are way way better than stock shaft. So I respectivefully understand your option to change them and I am sure you are enjoying yourself more.

I often hear that a certain shaft (don want to mention the shaft name) "launch high" , thus "not good".....But at the same time, we see those "prominent brands" uses them as stock shaft.

So which prominent brand company wants to use a shaft that is "not good" because it will affect their overall image as one of the leading brands in golf. Thus their bottom line.

I think that when the brand uses certain shaft for their clubs, they know who are their target market, thus use those shaft that fit this group of golfers.

However there is an obvious difference between stock shaft and after marker shaft, because their pricing says it. But is it because stock shaft is cheaper as it was bought in bulk and/or there was a special contract beteen club markers and shaft makers and other reasons that I do not know?

Or there are different "levels" of quality, the better ones (inspected individually by a expert) go to after market and the "still meet the qualty check will go to branded company for the stock shaft? Wait wait wait... I do not mean to say that shaft manufacturer are doing things that are unbecoming.. IMHO I do not know how, or the approaches and business arrangement they had with clubs makers. So please please don flame me OK? thank you thank you.

In summary, different shaft are there for different golfers level. Within the same category of that golfers level, ther are also numerous shaft to pick from again (some brands have a few shaft to choose from and if it still does not fit that golfer, after market comes into play).

If I am the owner of a top notch golf club, I think I will still ensure that the overall product
have certain can quality to meet.

BTW I am a social golfer and not a rep of any brands....Cheers Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:12 pm

to answer it the quality is different the material use and precisiong to make the shaft .. As is it better to use the shaft ater-market or stock , the one that suit you best as hitting long drive in the centre fairways ( launch around 10-12 degree with around 2600 RPM)
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 pm

I believe club makers' stock shafts build it in a way such that it appeals to their target market segment. As with the many cases in life, there is no "one size fits all". Thus, after market shafts will appeal to some (myself included).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?    Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any difference between stock aftermarket brand shafts and the Stand alone ones?
Page 1 of 1