Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Courses in KL to recommend

Go down 
+40
kissthegreen
nicasio
hardrock
enwee
hillgreen
Golf_fynn
cybor01
zhenxua
Antgolfer
mox
Vinny
samT
mtbdude74
Khorkar
westwoon
blee67
Derek
golfool2009
Oracle76
Denmeister
Lee36328
guybrush
Technospaz
jhan18
guy013
breaktheclub
Aloyboy
mizzy
asahi
s-killer
pushslice
Duval_S
ChrisD
nientsu
St. MIG
GoLagiSlow
toekong
crystal_tiong
slinger
botak
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:45 pm

westwoon wrote:
Aloyboy wrote:
Hi. I will be going to KL in nov for a golf vacation.
Wat are the courses I should try ?

Would recommend the following:-

Saujana
Kota Permai
KLGCC
Seri Selangor
Rahman Putra
KGNS
Mines
Royal Selangor Golf
Sungai Long Golf

Bro. Thx. This is handy. But I can only chose some due to time constraint.
Out of this list, which are the must try?
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Duval_S wrote:
If you are willing to travel abit further fm KL say 6 hours or so, palmV in Johor is pretty good and forgiving.

ps: since we have NS, mite as well call out Johor...

thanks

Mat Johor (aka D)

Jb is a place I go most of the time. Want to try the kl courses.

But will be stopping by malaca for a game too. Gonna be golfing the whole weak!! Shiok!!!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:00 pm

if u are stopping by malacca for a game (think tiara is the best), then nilai n staffield will be a good choice since u are a nsrcc member.... u only pay rm$35 for buggy (wkday n wkend)

however, the last time i play at both courses, they aint in good cond.... but they are value for money

if u do give nilai n staffield a miss, then i suggest kacang hill since u are coming up from malacca....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Kelab Golf Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah in Shah Alam. They are open to non-members and have night golf. Very reasonable rates and good condition for hackers. Give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:17 pm

slinger wrote:
if u are stopping by malacca for a game (think tiara is the best), then nilai n staffield will be a good choice since u are a nsrcc member.... u only pay rm$35 for buggy (wkday n wkend)

however, the last time i play at both courses, they aint in good cond.... but they are value for money

if u do give nilai n staffield a miss, then i suggest kacang hill since u are coming up from malacca....

Kajang Hill la, not Kacang Hill.

Kacang is peanut. Kajang is a town.

Just thought I'd point this out in case our bro tries to GoogleMap it and cannot find it.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:31 pm

alamak...

goes to show that my malay is just as bad as my chinese....

thanks Lee.... for pointing it out

i love my kacang since young..... mayb thats why
Back to top Go down
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:33 pm

I thought I read that KaJang Hills has been sold to property developers in Aug this year. Can anyone verify? I think I saw it on the MY golf forum.
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm

slinger wrote:

nilai n staffield both in kl rite? rm35 is good price! will definitely try! kajang hill is near my bro in law's house... so will also give it a go...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Aloyboy wrote:
slinger wrote:

nilai n staffield both in kl rite? rm35 is good price! will definitely try! kajang hill is near my bro in law's house... so will also give it a go...

pls check nsrcc website for nilai n staffield location, but they are abt 20-30mins to KL depending on traffic....

if u are leaving malacca in the morning, u shd be able to play pm golf..... but not on fri pm, very crowded

if u leave real early am, u can also catch the late morning flight....

as far as kajang hill is concerned, mayb its best to check with your BIL if its still there...... i played there more than a couple of years ago
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
slinger wrote:

Kajang Hill la, not Kacang Hill.

Kacang is peanut. Kajang is a town.

Just thought I'd point this out in case our bro tries to GoogleMap it and cannot find it.
This is a nice old course. Love the mee mamak there! Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm

If Kajang Hill is being taken over, Bangi Equatorial may be a good option as well since its only 10 mins away. Other than that, Bukit Unggul is also a stone throw away across the North South Highway. Take the Bangi / Dengkil exit on both side of the NS highway be it you're coming from Malacca or KL
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:50 pm

was just wondering why, with so many recommendations, noboday has mentioned berjaya hills?

Is it not good?
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Shocked

Where's Berjaya Hills?
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Bukit Tinggi.

I think it's 30 mins from KL in the direction of Genting.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 pm

mox wrote:
was just wondering why, with so many recommendations, noboday has mentioned berjaya hills?

Is it not good?

Used to be crap. Soggy fairways, plugged balls.

But recently, refurbished. Now it's good!

Decent greens. Lovely fairways. Hardly any plugged balls. Lost balls more due to the jungle on left and right of the narrow fairways.

Superb cool weather - makes you feel like playing overseas - that's the best part.

Only downside - can hardly take out driver. 3 wood more than enough for most holes. Also, to keep the ball in play on the narrow fairways. Really tests your course management.

And to compensate, bunkers everywhere. After playing there, you will feel like Phil. Bunker Master.

Best of all, not crowded. Take your time. Enjoy the scenery.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 am

slinger wrote:
alamak...

goes to show that my malay is just as bad as my chinese....

thanks Lee.... for pointing it out

i love my kacang since young..... mayb thats why

No pbm, you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Antgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Golf buddies,

going KL next week to explore the golf courses + shopping.

very happy to see the amount of information in the discussion on the courses available for playing.

But can i ask if there's any courses out there that does not require membership and nice to play? cos from the discussion, I can't really figure out. Are they very strict on hp? cos i have a friend who is still on PC and my hp is a high one.

Thanks in advance if help comes in. Smile
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:00 pm

In KL on weekdays, most clubs don't check handicap, except maybe the big ones like Saujana, KLGCC, Subang. These also tend to be members and guests only courses.

All other courses would be happy to take your money Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Antgolfer wrote:
Hi Golf buddies,

going KL next week to explore the golf courses + shopping.

very happy to see the amount of information in the discussion on the courses available for playing.

But can i ask if there's any courses out there that does not require membership and nice to play? cos from the discussion, I can't really figure out. Are they very strict on hp? cos i have a friend who is still on PC and my hp is a high one.

Thanks in advance if help comes in. Smile

If you are playing on a weekday, traffic is usually pretty light. And if you don't hold up the pace, no one would bother your flight.

One way to play is to use cheap balls, and pick up/take a drop when the shot is too challenging or ball is difficult to find.

I have come across Singaporean flights several times, and they are often respectful and law-abiding, so shouldn't be any issues.

Have a good trip.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 6:32 pm

I played berjaya hills few years ago and it's crap; but it might really be good after the revamp to hold the amateur open; tempted to give it a try
Back to top Go down
cybor01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

was in KL 2 weeks ago and played on

1. Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Club (Fri) 2 ball
2. Kelab Golf Perkhidmatan Awam - KGPA (Sat) 2 ball

both are relatively close to KL City Centre (10-15min drive), and suggest to call to make booking.

Basically these two courses are quite cheap and consider quite well-maintain to play on.
Almost all golf courses in KL needs at least 3 ball on weekend. But was able to play at KGPA on sat with only 2 ball but the catch is that, although its a 27 hole course, only be allowed to play 2 x 9hole.
KGPA is the better option for me if I was to go back there again as to me, it have better views and better fairways/greens although only played on 1 of the 3 9holes.

No need to worry on HCP/PC as wasn't been asked anyway.

Hope the infos help. Hav Fun.
Back to top Go down
Golf_fynn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Golf_fynn

PostSubject: Golfing in KL   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi All,

Where is a good place for golf in KL (without memebership) and nearer to KLCC because it will be a golf, eat and shop trip.

Anyone knows of transport company that provides to and fro private shuttle to KL from Singapore (Vice Versa).

Have a good weekend.

Fynn
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:00 pm

KL got many golf courses and there are many which are very nice courses ..

Can try bukit jalil which is near town , cheap but nothing spectacular .
Mines course very nice but cost more than rm500 to play. Near town normally ex and courses not as scenic as those outskirts .
In subang area, abt 40 min from town, can try glenmarie (abt rm220) or saujana golf courses.
Subang area , near subang airport can take firefly budget airline from sg. Besides the above 2 there, got many choices..
Back to top Go down
Golf_fynn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Golf_fynn

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Thank you! will have a look at your suggestions!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:25 pm

kota permai also quite good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courses in KL to recommend   Courses in KL to recommend - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Courses in KL to recommend
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next