Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?

Go down 
+11
Tituman
Cyp_PGA
yappy48
dsia71
missmoon
Derek
sandkie
elvingolf
Duval_S
puteh83
galileo
15 posters
AuthorMessage
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? Empty
PostSubject: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi fellow golfers,

Need some help. I'm planning a weekday game with some friends in Malaysia. But my PC expired recently and I did not renew it yet. Is there any courses in Malaysia that does not require PC to play during weekday?

Please advice.

Thanks,
G
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Most, if not all, courses in msia don't require. even hcp.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

I cant speak for Malaysia in entirety...but courses around the Johor area, as far as I had experienced, they don check.........how I know ? Becos they even allow me to play
Back to top Go down
elvingolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Majority courses in JB, they dont check or verify.
U r safe.
But for KL, some do. Depending where u guys r playing.
Good luck !
Back to top Go down
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:02 pm

@Duval: Wah.. who won't allow u to play? tell me, I go burn their clubhouse

@Elvin: Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm

I remembered going to Palm Resort and they don't allow me to play because no PC and handicap.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:25 pm

From what I know, if you just tell them that you have a handicap, they take it at face value ... just say that you left it in Singapore or something like that ...

If you tell them you have no PC or handicap, they are obliged not to let you play ...
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 pm

play GR monthly game.. doesnt need any pc or hcp Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 pm

haha.. thanks Miss Moon for the invitation :>

When is the next monthly game?
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Galileo,

Its on May 16, SUN PM, GR May Monthly Game @ Starhill
http://www.golfrepublic.org/golf-republic-official-events-f22/may-16-sun-pm-gr-may-monthly-game-starhill-bintang-walking-course-t5248.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
dsia71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dsia71

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:34 pm

confirm Sebana Cove doesn't check.

But I believed most course in JB don't check especially on weekday cos the course will be mostly empty.
Back to top Go down
yappy48
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:03 pm

99% of the golf course in JB they wont check except maybe RJCC
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I Like Legend Golf And Country Club , Palm Resort and horizon hill
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:32 pm

yappy48 wrote:
99% of the golf course in JB they wont check except maybe RJCC

Hi Yappy. Just curious here. How many courses in JB have you really played? Please name those you have played and confirmed everyone don't check except the 1 %. Last time I played Ponderosa, they need handicap before they allow. I can name a couple more. I don't want to depend on hearsay and go down with my overseas friends and only to find out differently. Not good for my reputation. You may sound helpful but please do not generalised from the couple which does not require anything. So don't mind you name those courses you have personally played and confirmed they don't required anything. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:04 pm

But I tot the number of courses in JB town/city is only one leh ie RJCC (I think..and quite sure)....the rest are in the outskirt..but definitely not in JB town/city

maybe the Johor state also adopted the GRC model as per Singapore....all provinces/county all known as JB.....hmmmmm....I better check...
Back to top Go down
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Heehee. thanks for all the recommendations.. Sigh.. Missed the recent monthly games.. dunno when can I get back to playing golf.. ARghh.. .have a feeling the joints are rusty liao
Back to top Go down
yappy48
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:19 pm

HI titu ..

Apologies for not being more specify / detail enough or mislead u ..
the following courses which i have played on weekdays and nvr ask for my handicap:

Palm villa
Daiman 18
Horizon Hills
Austin Hills
Octiville GC
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:59 pm

yappy48 wrote:
HI titu ..

Apologies for not being more specify / detail enough or mislead u ..
the following courses which i have played on weekdays and nvr ask for my handicap:

Palm villa
Daiman 18
Horizon Hills
Austin Hills
Octiville GC

Tks bro. Computed and inputted. Last time I went to Pulai Spring, they also insisted on showing HC. I think a couple of members course like Pulai Spring and Ponderosa discourages beginners by asking for HC in order to prevent them from changkoling their course.

titu
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:25 pm

If I am not wrong... only Sg practice PC.. al other countries dun...
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:39 am

That's not changkoging the course. We call it taking divot before the ball. Heehee....
Back to top Go down
PassionOfGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
PassionOfGolf

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:01 am

Yeap... Diaman 18 Dosen't check HC... Confirmed kekekkekeke

Also check out following link might assist you in someway.
http://www.daiman.com.my/golf.html

Tanjong Puteri Golf
http://www.tpgr.com/golf.php

More over depends on moods of Marshals :-)

Cheers,

Pravin
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourstage.com
kikiaw
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kikiaw

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Usually they dont ask you to show them your PC or Handicap.

I always play at this few courses during weekdays.

Starhill GCC
Octville GCC
Kukup GR
The Legends GCR

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Make a fake one lor. Heehee...
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:03 pm

But you dont take divot before the ball leh. Later uncle ask you to go back range for test.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Suzuki wrote:
That's not changkoging the course. We call it taking divot before the ball. Heehee....

The way I take the divot and most beginners, I would appropriately called it 'changkolling' la.
Maybe you could teach me how to take divot instead of my changkolling? My irons always take divot and then don't know how to come up for air one leh... How?

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?   Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any golf courses in Malaysia that don't need PC to recommend?
Page 1 of 1