Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Phuket

Go down 
+19
Kookk
Andronicus
Happy Feet
maryet
bogey_free
nientsu
freedrop
duffader
Birdman
nutty88
apSG
slinger
mloy
entity
jd8
xentaur
bb2
fredc
pocketace
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Folks
Anyone played in Blue Canyon in Phuket before? I did a search here but could not find any old threads

I am planning a short trip and checked out their ‘Explore Blue Canyon’ package
It costs THB10,000 per golfer (about over S$400 ish)
It includes:
• 1 round of 18-hole golf on Canyon Course (excluding caddie fees and tips)
• 1 round of 18-hole golf on Lakes Course (excluding cart fees, caddie fees and tips)
• Choice of 60-minute Upper Body Therapy or Oriental Foot Reflexology
• THB500 dining voucher per guest
• THB500 voucher per golfer redeemable at Canyon Pro Shop
I wrote to them ask if for that package, do I get to play both Canyon & Lakes courses (i.e 36 holes) or do I choose to play 1 of the 2 course
Their reply says “…please note that “Explore Blue Canyon Package” includes each in Canyon & Lakes course”

The way I read it, means I get to play 36 holes in one day. Is that how you read it too?
For those who has played there before, what is your experience?

Last edited by pocketace on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
fredc

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 pm

It should be for 36 holes as usual price is around THB 4400 for 18 holes before discounts. You should also consider playing the newer courses in Phuket like Red Mountain. Depending on where you are staying, Blue Canyon can be a long drive since it very close to the airport and the beach resorts are away from the airport.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm staying at Anantara resort. Any idea which courses in Phuket is near it? I asked bout blue canyon cos it was the only one listed in Anantara website as a day trip. But it never mentioned bout other courses leh
Playing 36 holes is kinda too much of a good thing for me. Plus my wife is coming along, she plays but 36 holes is too much for her

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
bb2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bb2

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Are you self driving? if you drive do consider going to Loch Palm / Red Mountain

check out phuket.com on things to do there.

enjoy your trip!
Back to top Go down
xentaur
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
xentaur

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Bro,

You might want to try Loch Palm golf course. http://www.lochpalm.com/en.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks bb2. Phuket.com helps, there is a page which allows me to book a package including transfers, green fee and caddy fee. Gotta Pay extra for golf cart.
Considering that they are not cheap, which course which u folks recommend I go or to avoid? Thanks
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi, I played at Blue Canyon last year. The course is nice, and one of the courses is a walking course with caddie, so check with them before deciding which 18 to play if you prefer buggy. Traveling to Blue Canyon wasn't an issue because we stayed overnight there. I prefered Red Mountain though, its more beautiful than Blue Canyon.
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 pm

The Canyon course is the walking course, I was in awe of my pint-sized female caddy who took my cart bag and walked 18 holes with it, and managed to look for balls and even tried to shade me from the sun with an umbrella!

It's a beautiful course, and one of the top courses to play in Asia.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 pm

jd8 wrote:
Hi, I played at Blue Canyon last year. The course is nice, and one of the courses is a walking course with caddie, so check with them before deciding which 18 to play if you prefer buggy. Traveling to Blue Canyon wasn't an issue because we stayed overnight there. I prefered Red Mountain though, its more beautiful than Blue Canyon.

Totally agree with jd8. Red mountain is more beautiful than Blue Canyon. If you have not played either courses then try both. Canyon course is the walking course.

One set back about staying at the Blue Canyon lodge is that in the night it gets quite boring as there is nothing much to do. The place is pretty quiet.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:22 pm

mloy wrote:
jd8 wrote:

Totally agree with jd8. Red mountain is more beautiful than Blue Canyon. If you have not played either courses then try both. Canyon course is the walking course.

One set back about staying at the Blue Canyon lodge is that in the night it gets quite boring as there is nothing much to do. The place is pretty quiet.

bring wei-ge lor....

then not boring liao.....

haizzzzzz.....

i thought u are a cougar.....

Golf in Phuket 678895
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

Heading to Phuket for Golf this Christmas, with my family

Can I just check if anyone has contact for GOLF and Mini Van rental???
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Checkout www.Phuket.com they have a page where you can book tee time, including 2 way transfers
I booked thru em, so far their rates are better than booking at the respective clubs
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 pm

tks
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:01 pm

I always feel that Blue Canyon is way over rated all because Tiger played there once. I really don't see the beauty of it except the two holes in which the canyon is in view.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:19 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I always feel that Blue Canyon is way over rated all because Tiger played there once. I really don't see the beauty of it except the two holes in which the canyon is in view.

I second that, club house was rundown and in bad need of a coat of paint when I was last there some years back. It's really not worth the price of he green fees, especially when it's the rainy season, the course turns to mush.

I'll take Red Mountain anytime over Blue Canyon.

I must say I enjoyed Phuket Country Club too, not the best kept condition, but affordable with changing terrain, and an interesting par 5 that is supposedly driveable for the longest of hitters. Still salivate at the thought of the Chicken Hole. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Hmm... Played too many courses that I can't really remember. Bird man, is it the hole where u can actually drive across water to reach the green if one is long enough? I remember one par 5 hole which is in the shape of the letter C but can't recall if that was Phuket CC.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:23 am

That's the one. The 10th hole that plays around the entire perimeter of a small lake. Take the long route and the drive is elevated with power lines strung right across that look like they are going to catch your drive. Take the direct route to the green and it's 240 yards of carry alone over the water.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:48 am

Phuket CC is a gem by its own. A good mix of holes and it's super technical. Blue canyon is really a overrated course and when I was there 2 weeks ago, the course is pretty much soak.

The real beauty now is red mountain. Good all around and really worth the price.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 am

Blue Canyon is not over rated, but over priced, in my opinion. I am not sure if it's still owned by our singaporean friend, Mr Seah. But if you write him a nice e-mail saying you are flying in from Singapore to play it first time, he may give you a member guest rate. I did that many years ago.

I like staying at Blue Canyon. It is secluded, and very quiet at night like someone said here. When it's very quiet at night, there are many things you can do. Nobody kacau you.

Red Mountain, however, is new, and refreshing.

It's like your new wife after divorcing the old one from 25 years of marriage.

There is also a link style course (I wouldn't call it a link course though) called Mission Hills which I find interesting to play.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:36 am

Birdman wrote:
That's the one. The 10th hole that plays around the entire perimeter of a small lake. Take the long route and the drive is elevated with power lines strung right across that look like they are going to catch your drive. Take the direct route to the green and it's 240 yards of carry alone over the water.

That's a memorable hole, a par 5 around a huge pond. I like this more than the par 3 signature Hole 14.

One of my guys, an American expat in Singapore, who used to work for me, played there on my recommendation, and he sent his ball over the short cut on the green, and 2 putted for eagle. He was so excited he sms me immediately.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:45 am

freedrop wrote:

It's like your new wife after divorcing the old one from 25 years of marriage.

This is so funny!!!

Nice way to compare 2 golf courses!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bogey_free

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 am

red mountain is my choice.
beats blue canyon hands down.
its not cheap but worth every cent.
Back to top Go down
maryet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 am

Some photos I took on a recent trip to the Canyon course. Enjoy. Green fees are expensive, but the course was fantastic! Fairways and greens were in great nick. In my view, if you've never played there, its a must.
Hole 4 green
Golf in Phuket Dsc02529hm
Hole 1 green
Golf in Phuket Dsc02527s
Hole 9 green
Golf in Phuket Dsc02523g
Hole 4 tee box
Golf in Phuket Dsc02532b
Canyon hole tee box
Golf in Phuket Dsc02536vy
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 am

going to phuket on nov 21 week.,,,,hope my game can match up to the course
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:43 am

I just played last month in Red Mountain and Loch Palm and then Blue Canyon on final day. Must say that Blue Canyon was a very disapointing course now, both in terms of course conditions, and the service level in the cafetaria.

Suggest you take the stay and play package in Loch Palm. Loch Palm and Red Mountain are both in the same resort, so you can stay one night and play both courses. Red Mountain is a lot more nicer than Blue Canyon now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf in Phuket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Phuket   Golf in Phuket I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Phuket
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next