Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phuket Golf : Any contact?

Go down 
+9
ifury
solarpop
jaketang
focus77
Khorkar
Raquel
kelly
maryet
nientsu
13 posters
AuthorMessage
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Phuket Golf : Any contact? Empty
PostSubject: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Heya

I will be going phuket in March. Am thinking of playing one or two rounds there.

Was wondering if there is any recommedations from anyone here? Also, are there anybody I can call with regards to bookings and transport?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
maryet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 pm

I was in phuket in November and I played at Loch Palm and Blue Canyon(Canyon Course). Between the 2 courses, I recommend Loch Palm. IMO, Loch Palm is a great course, and not as expensive compared to Blue Canyon. I also suggest you visit the Factory Outlet - Duty Free shops. Great value for money. We booked our rounds on hotels2thailand.com

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm

nientsu when are you going?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey Kelly

I am going in first week of march. Am not going solely for golf. In fact I plan to go there for trekking and just bumming at the beach. Am thinking of playing a game or 2 there.
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:52 pm

nientsu

Tot u r planning a phuket golf outing for GR group Sad
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah, i have tried Hotel2thailand, they are very good and true to their words. Highly recommend them
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Raquel wrote:
nientsu

Tot u r planning a phuket golf outing for GR group Sad

Hey Raq

I don mind doing research...

But Sun and Moonie to give support to make it a GR event. Of cos, hope they go too......will the whole gang........
Back to top Go down
focus77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm

nientsu wrote:
Heya

I will be going phuket in March. Am thinking of playing one or two rounds there.

Was wondering if there is any recommedations from anyone here? Also, are there anybody I can call with regards to bookings and transport?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

hi malcom..i be heading phuket during CNY for golf as well.
Shd be playing Loch Palms, Red Mountains, Phuket Country Club & perhaps Blue Canyon.

Feedback from friends is that Red Mountains is a MUST play though slightly more exp and Loch Palm is quite a nice course.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 am

red mountain......... sweeeeeeeee

is a MUST PLAY!!!
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:56 am

I don't know if it's ethical to post a golf tour agency here, but i know of one that does a great job. I've gone on 2 golf holidays, to Bali and Chiang Mai, that were planned by them, everything was excellent. Office is located very near to BFG.

PM me if you're interested.

They also happen to be the exclusive golf concierge for American Express. Expect high class stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:30 pm

highly recommended Red mountain.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Nientsu,
If you want something which is free and easy, you can always book hotel first and call up the club for promotion and plan from there. Typically they accept walk in and get better rates as they have promotions.

Try this website to find good courses and reviews.

http://www.thaigolfer.com/directory/courses.html
http://www.thaigolfer.com/courses/review.phtml

Remember to bring an umbrella... All the best in yr plans.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:48 pm

wa!!! Thanks Khorkar!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:57 pm

bro, if really got chance, play red mountain.... it's ex but it's really worth it...

if u think ria bintan is nice..... hehehehe wait till u try red mountain.. no horse run..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 pm

master jake, have u come down the mountain oreadi......

your golf still no horse run......
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 pm

slinger wrote:
master jake, have u come down the mountain oreadi......

your golf still no horse run......

mr lim, i m stuck in the mountain... now goin backwards...... Mad
but still itchy for a game... Laughing
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:37 am

solarpop wrote:
I don't know if it's ethical to post a golf tour agency here, but i know of one that does a great job. I've gone on 2 golf holidays, to Bali and Chiang Mai, that were planned by them, everything was excellent. Office is located very near to BFG.

PM me if you're interested.

They also happen to be the exclusive golf concierge for American Express. Expect high class stuff Smile

Hi solarpop, i've not reached the level to be able to PM you... but interested in checking out for golf holidays with the agency. How can i get the contact from you?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Nienstsu,

Personally, I enjoyed Phuket Country Club and Red Mountain the most. Vastly different the two courses and conditions, but many varied hole designs for both. Look out for a wooden push cart by the road after you cross a canal, sells great fried chicken for 18 baht (80 cents). Has a sign that advertises it as "Chicken Hole". ROFL
Loved it so much, I got someone to buy a whole bag for us to eat on the way to the airport. Yum!

Red Mountain is the most luxurious and well appointed club with very ex green fees, about S$200. It's like walking into a resort hotel. It's a thinking course that is not long but very tough with lots of elevation changes. High cliff faces for balls to bounce in dunno what direction, and ravines aplenty to swallow up balls forever. Anything off the fairway is probably lost forever. The hole that everyone pauses at is the 17th par three. Drops down several storeys and the ball hangs forever in the air after you hit it. Can't quite remember exactly but think club down two also overshoot the green. Took me awhile to decide what club to use cos left side is the cliff face and behind is jungle. This course is a must play, but bring lots of balls.

http://www.redmountainphuket.com/

Loch Palm didn't make that much of an impression on me, but it is right next to Red Mountain. Much easier and open layout. Cheaper too.

Blue Canyon in my opinion is overrated and not worth the money. Course condition has gotten worse over the years, not to mention the clubhouse. Save the money for Red Mountain.
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:32 am

Hi,

Heading to Phuket for Golf this Christmas, with my family

Can I just check if anyone has contact for GOLF and Mini Van rental???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phuket Golf : Any contact?   Phuket Golf : Any contact? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phuket Golf : Any contact?
Page 1 of 1