Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help to lower ball flight...

Go down 
+9
pushslice
Artloh
solarpop
golfool2009
Duval_S
CoastGuy
alvin7379
TourSwing
jtek
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Need help to lower ball flight... Empty
PostSubject: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 am

Had been using Tour Striker for weeks and really my striking had improved (by a little)...

Then realize that my high ball flight still there even if I had more shaft lean and better striking...

Surfing on the net and realize that shaft can help to lower the ball flight...

Any advise what model/made of shaft produce the lowest ball flight? I meant shaft for my irons.

Currently using stock NS Pro 950 S Flex shaft from TM...
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:08 pm

See a club fitter before you make the change!

What is your swing speed?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:21 pm

My ball flights are quite high as well... I notice a few tweaks can help lower the ball flight:

1. Cut down on your back swing... a full back swing causes me to break my wrist upon impact hence creating additional loft which results in high ball flight

2. Maintain square club face beyond impact... I will force myself to follow through the square face to an additional 2-3 inches after impact of the ball to keep the loft low.

3. Ball place slightly on the right... (quick fix)

4. Do not do a full follow through... force stop your swing through to 3/4 swing instead of complete swing...

I'm sure at least one of the above will help in lowering ball flight... should not affect distance much despite not making the 'full' swing. In fact... due to the shorter swing... might get better impact than usual and gain good distance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 pm

There are a lot of reasons why people hit the ball high.

Try lesser the wrist cock of your left hand during the back swing. see if it will help...

For iron shots, you dun have to always do a full swing 3/4 swing is good.

Give it a try... Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:30 pm

what coastguy say (in golf)....I listen and do......
Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:32 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
My ball flights are quite high as well... I notice a few tweaks can help lower the ball flight:

1. Cut down on your back swing... a full back swing causes me to break my wrist upon impact hence creating additional loft which results in high ball flight

2. Maintain square club face beyond impact... I will force myself to follow through the square face to an additional 2-3 inches after impact of the ball to keep the loft low.

3. Ball place slightly on the right... (quick fix)

4. Do not do a full follow through... force stop your swing through to 3/4 swing instead of complete swing...

I'm sure at least one of the above will help in lowering ball flight... should not affect distance much despite not making the 'full' swing. In fact... due to the shorter swing... might get better impact than usual and gain good distance. Very Happy

Bro, we are thinking of the same thing!!! No wonder they say Great mind think alike... Hahaha.. cheers

When want to go makan?? I still waiting for you all leh... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Duval_S wrote:
what coastguy say (in golf)....I listen and do......

Face Hug
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 pm

hehe... bro Coastguy... I anytime... its the other 2 that you should spend time on...

shitty right? wanna treat still needa see people's schedule... tongue
Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 pm

haha.. No problem, can wait lah..

Thought you have a game today. Finish already??
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
hehe... bro Coastguy... I anytime... its the other 2 that you should spend time on...

shitty right? wanna treat still needa see people's schedule... tongue

oh good...you didn't play without me..... Face Hug

i will open my schedule next week for y'all....how about thurs morning or fri evening? wed also looks good.....
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 pm

CoastGuy wrote:
haha.. No problem, can wait lah..

Thought you have a game today. Finish already??

Nope... today's flight was full so I din join... no game today... Sad

Thinking of joining ball flight tomolo... Laughing
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 pm

NS Pro 950 are designed to be high launch shafts.

Lower launching options that are readily available include KBS C-Taper, Project X (non-flighted), and DG S300. There are some others like the TT Black Gold which are also low launch but difficult to find now.
Back to top Go down
Artloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:24 pm

The ns pro shaft is one with a low kick point to launch the ball higher. In general, to lower the ball flight, choose a shaft with mid or higher kick point to launch it lower. The drawback of these shaft are they are not as "friendly" as low kick ones.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

solarpop wrote:
NS Pro 950 are designed to be high launch shafts.

Lower launching options that are readily available include KBS C-Taper, Project X (non-flighted), and DG S300. There are some others like the TT Black Gold which are also low launch but difficult to find now.

DG I tried before but seems very too heavy for my back 9 holes... only can manage it with the first 9 holes...

Seems like KBS C-Taper & Project X (non-flighted) all heavy shaft... any lighter steel shaft that produce lower trajectory?

Last edited by jtek on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks all bros for the advise... already doing some on the swing part and really lower a bit... but still high... i hope to lower more so toying on the idea of changing shaft...

But still I like the suggestions... keep them coming so that have more options to consider... Smile
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

DG S300 are about 135g, C-Taper 120g, PX 115-120g depending on flex.

The only sub-100g shafts are the NS Pro, KBS 90, and DG SL, all of which are high launch.

I agree that the DG S300 are way too heavy, but i find 120g to be ideal for me. Maybe you might want to give PX a try since the 5.5 flex weighs in at 115g. Only issue is that 5.5 relates to an R+, not sure if it's too little flex for your swing.

I'm just answering your question about which are the low launch iron shafts. Like many people say, it's best to get properly fitted by a professional.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks solarpop!!! I think i need to try out PX 5.5 to see the flex different...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:43 am

there is PX 5.0. Closer to NSPRo S flex than 5.5
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh okie... wonder if there is any used set for sale...
Back to top Go down
Velosity
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 am

solarpop wrote:
DG S300 are about 135g, C-Taper 120g, PX 115-120g depending on flex.

The only sub-100g shafts are the NS Pro, KBS 90, and DG SL, all of which are high launch.

I agree that the DG S300 are way too heavy, but i find 120g to be ideal for me. Maybe you might want to give PX a try since the 5.5 flex weighs in at 115g. Only issue is that 5.5 relates to an R+, not sure if it's too little flex for your swing.

I'm just answering your question about which are the low launch iron shafts. Like many people say, it's best to get properly fitted by a professional.

Any idea where can I buy MP 53 c/w C taper shaft ?
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Firstly, i stand corrected. After reading pushslice's reply, i realized i got my numbers mixed up. PX 5.0 relates to R+, and 5.5 to a Stiff, whereas PX Flighted is one step softer, ie 5.5 is R+.

Velosity> I don't believe Mizuno offers the C-Tapers as an option yet. Even if they did, ordering a custom set from singapore (golf house) probably means a 3-mth wait. If you ask me, best option is to get the heads re-shafted yourself.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 pm

If want lightweight and mid launch...Then try Aerotech shafts. You can try them at big fish.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Aerotech?? Thats steel fiber shaft? But seems like the weight is same as steel... wonder what is the different...
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:36 pm

eh.. I'm quite sure the steel fiber is lighter than steel except for the heavier models. They are light that even ladies uses them. Smile Also, i think aerotech doesn't only make steel fiber only.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 pm

acidic88 wrote:
eh.. I'm quite sure the steel fiber is lighter than steel except for the heavier models. They are light that even ladies uses them. Smile Also, i think aerotech doesn't only make steel fiber only.

nice meeting you today.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help to lower ball flight...   Need help to lower ball flight... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help to lower ball flight...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next