Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miura's owner

Go down 
+98
timang84
babolat
neutralgolfer
dreamer
cactuzone
jxoo
kangwei
Tiger Wu
gunship
chrislzh
raylowwl
xlr871
doink24
18underPar
haragolfer
nitebolt
mythr
Turbo
Flash
Shellman
jurongtiger
Khorkar
hkhamateur
kevinhwc
maslie
ParTee
Tsunami33
chien
robert33
3131T
hide
enwee
righthook
DGman
jloo61
Master
WILL33
edgolf
ranctor
iluvcookies
audi
jeffman88
kyleyann
h0ok_fighter
supermaninunder
Denmeister
DiVoTion
jeremykoh
Duval_S
watermyforrest
Technospaz
golfian
volkswagenboy
essentiale
kwannick
miuraforged
Joshua
Slicer51
teegem
wilier izoard
fengz
yanguei
eden
golf_snowman
golfcoma
mtbdude74
golfool2009
markteo
Ssquirrel
ThomasTan
pushslice
alucard
Vinny
blee67
samT
4dtoto
mizzy
Begbie
nientsu
Golf-mass
mloy
ron81
Dstruc
eiji
slinger
ljlow
mox
poncs
Derek
trident
rsenal
Mario
FD448
shamusan
andrew-golf
TLHENG
Lee36328
dmateo
102 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Miura's owner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:03 pm

hmm... i'm scoring 100++
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:04 pm

slinger wrote:
ljlow wrote:
I'm seriously waiting for the videos...

As for shaft, maybe a SteelFiber worth looking at?

will definitely make a trip to Stanley for a demo... on both Small Blade & Tournament Blade...

if i score 100+

i will find it hard to invest $3000 on a set of muiras......

jmho....

maybe after getting a set of miuras, ljlow would be able to cut 10 strokes off his score like another Miura supporter.

in that case, wouldn't you say the $3000 is money well spent?
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi ljlow:

Miura's feel very very nice when u hit them correctly. However, no one will even come close to calling any Miura iron a forgiving club.

You must be mentally prepared to spend quite a lot of regular practice time at the range learning how to use them properly. Otherwise, you will just get riduculously frustrated on the course, or even worse, address the ball and wonder if you can even launch the ball.

If Golf is very much a social game for you and you would much rather play than practice, a full set of Miura irons might not be the right decision.

However, since the clubs are sold individually, perhaps you might want to consider buying a 54 or 56 degree wedge (or whatever loft you use for short game) and see if you like playing this on the course.

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:26 pm

i second what Derek said and I think I've written this before.
There are two way to improve your game.
1. improve the kits to accomodate for your short comings. This is called technology to compensate error and skill. This shoudl give almost immediate return
2. improve your skill and eliminate your swing error. => this is hard and long

If you decided to take route 2, then as Derek said be prepared to hit the range 2-3 times a week and invest on some serious coaching. The small blade is not as forgiving as other club and definitely not easy to master. However it's not impossible to master as Lee has proved it, it's just take effort and determination.

Don't expect a miracle and reduce your score by 10 just from buying the Miura club, it wont' happen, infact the opposite is more likely to happen.

As for me, I only have one motivation, to fix my flawed swing and get it corect and consistent. For that I need unforgiving clubs to force myself to always swing correctly for each and every swing. At times it's frustrating when I keep duffing or topping the ball, but I accept that as part of the challenge to get myself to the higher level.

happy swinging.
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 pm

using :
- Miura Giken hybrid HB3 w/ Miyazaki C Kua 59x
- CB501 irons (4-p) w/ KBS tour
- forged wedge 52* w/ Shimada

Looking :
- Miura putter KM007.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 pm

ljlow wrote:
I'm seriously waiting for the videos...

As for shaft, maybe a SteelFiber worth looking at?

will definitely make a trip to Stanley for a demo... on both Small Blade & Tournament Blade...

Oooh.... your senses are in for a treat.

When you flush one on the sweet spot, everything you knew about what a good shot feels like... GOES OUT THE WINDOW. To be replaced by an entirely new set of sensation that feels SO GOOD, it should be illegal.

Prepare to have your golfing paradigm SHIFTED BIG TIME.

Enjoy...

Oh, and video should be coming up soon. I keep discovering new elements with my Miura, so the swing is STILL EVOLVING. I just love what the blades are showing me! Most recent addition is a slightly more powerful pivot. Been using it to launch the 3-iron.

I was wondering whether it would also work in the bunker. So today, I took the 56 deg wedge to the bunker at the range to try it out.

Marvelous. So THAT'S how the wedge should be hit, much more powerful impact through the sand. Felt like I could clear the lip at almost any height. And the sand was soggy and heavy from the recent rains too.

Next, chipping. Dropped a few balls on the fringe, green sloping away from me, and found the touch to line the balls up on a straight line pin high, within 1-2 inches of each other. That's what the feel of a good forged wedge can do for your touch.

Hmm... almost ready to try to lower my best scores again soon.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:12 pm

ljlow wrote:
hmm... i'm scoring 100++

Bro ljlow,

when I first tried to hit the Miuras, I was shooting 110++.

I flushed a shot with the tournament blades, and bought the LE small blades on the spot, sight unseen.

I then played with MP52 for about 2 years.

A few games before I decided to shafted up the Miuras baby blades, I still shot 100, 95, 92, etc. 95 was about average.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Now, not saying that switching to blades alone cut 10 stroke in my game. However, the FEEL and the accurate feedback that the blades gave me made me more aware of the inherent flaws and looseness in my swing. Where my previous MP52 would 'forgive' these flaws, the blades would 'punish' them.

So very quickly, I learnt to hunt down the flaws and remove them. Of course, this took some range work, and a good knowledge of the swing; the flaws won't go away by themselves.

Before, with the MP52, I had a flat swing (my fault, not the club's) which was great in the fairway, but failed in the rough. Now, with the blades, I could chop the ball out of any rough I encounter.

Now having said all that, who's to say that you must play blades? Miura makes a whole range of lovely forged clubs in their exacting workmanship that suits many different levels of players. Of course, rarity such as limited edition would add to the price, while the standard line are no less desirable nor wanting in quality.

And each model is a thing of beauty to behold.

I enjoy owning and playing a great piece of quality equipment, regardless of the level of my game. I work hard for my money, and enjoy exercising my right to spend it the way I see fit.

You know what? Part of the reason I have the money to spend is because success has always rewarded me when I do things others say are difficult, can't be done, shouldn't be done, never been done that way before, etc. I like it when people tell me something can't be done. Just trying to prove them wrong usually makes me better. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 pm

mox wrote:
Bro Lee, Aside from the soundness of applying that theory on financial/monetary invetments to buying golf clubs which is essentially consumption (although some would say it is investment grade consumption Smile ) Very Happy Very Happy , the poison is definitely great. Oh man....

One other thing, I notice most have miuras on steel shafts. Any sense in getting them on graphite shafts?

On another note, would it be accurate to say that steel shafts result in a more accurate (straighter) shot than graphite shaft assuming same heads?

Let me put it this way, Mox. Your avatar, is that your car? What car is it? Was it expensive? Why do you love it? See what I'm getting at...?

Looks like our good brothers have given excellent answers to your question on the shaft.

Regardless whether steel or graphite, a shaft that fits your swing selected and installed by an experienced fitter will be the best for you. And I hear the regional distributor does good work in this regard, including spining and flo'ing.

Technically speaking, the stiffer the shaft, the more precise the behaviour and therefore the more the accuracy. Provided the swing is able to load the shaft properly. Therefore, the stiffness must fit the player at the end of the day.

Nowadays, graphite is approaching the stability and precision of steel (witness steel-fibre, ninja core, etc) and steel is approaching the lightness and smoothness of graphite (KBS, NSpro, etc are coming up with lighter and smoother offerings.) So we are spoilt for choice.

And the choice sir, is all yours to make. Wink
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:26 pm

If there's a 2rd chance, I will go for the blades. It's actually very easy to hit. I had changed for KBS Stiff shaft to NSPro Stiff shaft. I don't know y I balloon the ball with KBS n distance cut by 10m. when I changed to NSPro stiff. The feeling is nice, straight n mid. Funny right? So really have to try out the shafts. N hit about 50-100 balls before fitted. 10-20 balls will not really know how's the outcome.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Checking with bros here. I got a miura 52/7 wedge. Anyone want to exchange with me a miura60 wedge? PM me. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi ljlow:

Miura's feel very very nice when u hit them correctly. However, no one will even come close to calling any Miura iron a forgiving club.

You must be mentally prepared to spend quite a lot of regular practice time at the range learning how to use them properly. Otherwise, you will just get riduculously frustrated on the course, or even worse, address the ball and wonder if you can even launch the ball.

If Golf is very much a social game for you and you would much rather play than practice, a full set of Miura irons might not be the right decision.

However, since the clubs are sold individually, perhaps you might want to consider buying a 54 or 56 degree wedge (or whatever loft you use for short game) and see if you like playing this on the course.

Just want to point out, Miura makes several models of clubs, with different levels of forgiveness, and not just blades.

Irons include blades and cavity backs.

Blades include:
- tournament blades
- small blades

Cavity backs include:
- pp9003
- cb501
- cb301
- cb201
- cb202
- mc102

Feel free to pick the work of art that you think your game will enjoy the most.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 pm

FD448 wrote:
If there's a 2rd chance, I will go for the blades. It's actually very easy to hit. I had changed for KBS Stiff shaft to NSPro Stiff shaft. I don't know y I balloon the ball with KBS n distance cut by 10m. when I changed to NSPro stiff. The feeling is nice, straight n mid. Funny right? So really have to try out the shafts. N hit about 50-100 balls before fitted. 10-20 balls will not really know how's the outcome.

Yes, I agree. The shaft can transform the behaviour of the club by changing the ball flight quite substantially.

That's why a good fitting is important, especially with something as sensitive as blades.
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm actually looking for a set of Miura wedge, anyone know which is the latest release?

Secondly, any good shop selling Miura in Tokyo?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Dstruc wrote:
using :
- Miura Giken hybrid HB3 w/ Miyazaki C Kua 59x
- CB501 irons (4-p) w/ KBS tour
- forged wedge 52* w/ Shimada

Looking :
- Miura putter KM007.

Cool, one more Miura owner in da house!

Update:

Updating the list:

1. Lee36328
LE Small Blade 1957 w/ project X 6.0 3-PW
Black Wedge 52*/6 56*/9 60*/7 w/ Rifle Spinner 6.5

2. Derek
CB 501 on Shimada regular 5-PW
Forged wedges 50 and 56

3. Andrew-golf
Forged wedges 52 and 56
KM-006 forged putter

4. Dmateo
LE Small Blade 1957 w/ KBS Tour 3-P

5. Shamusan
LE Small Blade 1957 w/ Project X 6.5

6. TLHENG
MC-102 :5-PW with shimada K7001 reg.
Wedge :52 and 56 wedge with shimada K7001 stiff

7. Michael
CB 202 - 4-P KBS Tour 90

8. Clarence
202 with NSPro s P,5-9
Wedge Y51 with DG spinner
Wedge C55 with DG spinner
Wedge 56 with DG spinner
Wedge 52 with KBS s (selling condition 9/10)
Putter KM006 (selling condition 10/10)

9.rsenal
PP9003 with KBS Tour 90 stiff (5-GW)
Wedge 56 with KBS Hi Rev

10.Dstruc
Miura Giken hybrid HB3 w/ Miyazaki C Kua 59x
CB501 irons (4-p) w/ KBS tour
forged wedge 52* w/ Shimada
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Having read the golf journey from fellow GRians here, i must say that I share the same opinions as you guys... to fix the swing for a better me...

that's exactly the reason i never had a look a tech-advance super game improvement set... of course part of the reason is i dun like the wide sole and thick top line... i'm currently using i15 and has embarked the journey seeking consistency and perfect impact... once a while i had a great shot, the swing is simply effortless and the impact and feedback is so smooth and the ball just launch straight like a rocket... most of the time i duff or mishit, i15 tells me what went wrong... Smile

now itchy hand havent gotten the best out of i15, i discover miura blade...it's such a beauty... eyeing the baby blade is actually wanting to give myself a challenge... and I'm seriously considering whether to take up the challenge...

i will try out the blades very soon... and will see if i keep my i15 until breaking 90 or start a new miura journey...

Thanks Lee, Derek, Dmateo and bros for the valuable feedback!

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 pm

ron81 wrote:
I'm actually looking for a set of Miura wedge, anyone know which is the latest release?

Secondly, any good shop selling Miura in Tokyo?

Not sure which one is the latest release, but here are some of them.

http://miuragolf.com/shop_bwedge.asp

http://miuragolf.com/shop_wedge2008.asp

You can find more on the site, miuragolf.com

As for shops which sell Miura, or Miura-Giken as their domestic brand is known in Japan, you might want to contact them here to find out.

http://www.miuragiken.com/company/contact/index.html
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:56 pm

ljlow wrote:
Having read the golf journey from fellow GRians here, i must say that I share the same opinions as you guys... to fix the swing for a better me...

that's exactly the reason i never had a look a tech-advance super game improvement set... of course part of the reason is i dun like the wide sole and thick top line... i'm currently using i15 and has embarked the journey seeking consistency and perfect impact... once a while i had a great shot, the swing is simply effortless and the impact and feedback is so smooth and the ball just launch straight like a rocket... most of the time i duff or mishit, i15 tells me what went wrong... Smile

now itchy hand havent gotten the best out of i15, i discover miura blade...it's such a beauty... eyeing the baby blade is actually wanting to give myself a challenge... and I'm seriously considering whether to take up the challenge...

i will try out the blades very soon... and will see if i keep my i15 until breaking 90 or start a new miura journey...

Thanks Lee, Derek, Dmateo and bros for the valuable feedback!

Most welcome bro.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 am

Lee36328 wrote:

Oh, and video should be coming up soon. I keep discovering new elements with my Miura, so the swing is STILL EVOLVING. I just love what the blades are showing me! Most recent addition is a slightly more powerful pivot. Been using it to launch the 3-iron.

I was wondering whether it would also work in the bunker. So today, I took the 56 deg wedge to the bunker at the range to try it out.

Marvelous. So THAT'S how the wedge should be hit, much more powerful impact through the sand. Felt like I could clear the lip at almost any height. And the sand was soggy and heavy from the recent rains too.

Next, chipping. Dropped a few balls on the fringe, green sloping away from me, and found the touch to line the balls up on a straight line pin high, within 1-2 inches of each other. That's what the feel of a good forged wedge can do for your touch.

Bro Lee,

care to share what you are working on with this powerful divot. Is this the compression of the head and ball based on TGM?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:24 am

Updating the list:

1. Lee36328

2. Derek
Forged wedges 50 and 56

3. Andrew-golf
Forged wedges 52 and 56
KM-006 forged putter

4. Dmateo

5. Shamusan

6. TLHENG

7. Michael
CB 202 - 4-P KBS Tour 90

8. Clarence
202 with NSPro s P,5-9
Wedge 56 with DG spinner

9.rsenal
Wedge 56 with KBS Hi Rev

10.Dstruc

11. mloy
CB-301 5-PW on Matrix (graphite) (Hope to change the shaft real soon)
Back to top Go down
poncs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:26 am

Updating the list:

1. Lee36328

2. Derek
Forged wedges 50 and 56

3. Andrew-golf
Forged wedges 52 and 56
KM-006 forged putter

4. Dmateo

5. Shamusan

6. TLHENG

7. Michael
CB 202 - 4-P KBS Tour 90

8. Clarence
202 with NSPro s P,5-9
Wedge 56 with DG spinner

9.rsenal
Wedge 56 with KBS Hi Rev

10.Dstruc

11. mloy

12. poncs
CB-202 5-PW on KBS Tour 90 (thinking to soft stepping shaft and put in a 4i)
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Anyone keen for KBS stiff shaft can look for me. P-5 to 9. Selling, pm me. Very good condition.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

rsenal wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:

Bro Lee,

care to share what you are working on with this powerful divot. Is this the compression of the head and ball based on TGM?

I will try to be as brief as possible without getting this Miura thread too much out of topic.

Pivot (not divot, but I know what you meant Laughing ) is not heavily covered in TGM. While I must give TGM its due, and for beginners it's an excellent set of knowledge to establish a fundamentally sound swing (just need to get past the heavy prose and convoluted writing style), it is not quite the complete thesis it claims to be. Certainly, if Homer were still alive, he would have added much more to it, with today's available video and radar (trackman) technology.

The top guy on tour using purely TGM (via Lynn Blake) is Brian Gay. The criticism commonly leveled against TGM is - where are your champions? And how is Brian Gay performing?

So, I've moved past TGM some time back, and am digging deeper now.

And the tool to help my digging is a very sensitive and accurate one - no surprise here, my blades and wedges. Once I honed the skills on how to read these 'instruments', they are telling me a lot.

Oh, and I am discovering I can fade the blades a lot easier than I could with my MP52. It must be the additional offset in the MP52, which fights against me when I try to fade.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:56 pm

poncs wrote:
Updating the list:

1. Lee36328

2. Derek
Forged wedges 50 and 56

3. Andrew-golf
Forged wedges 52 and 56
KM-006 forged putter

4. Dmateo

5. Shamusan

6. TLHENG

7. Michael
CB 202 - 4-P KBS Tour 90

8. Clarence
202 with NSPro s P,5-9
Wedge 56 with DG spinner

9.rsenal
Wedge 56 with KBS Hi Rev

10.Dstruc

11. mloy

12. poncs
CB-202 5-PW on KBS Tour 90 (thinking to soft stepping shaft and put in a 4i)

And the list continues to grow! Welcome, welcome.
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:33 pm

juz back from Torque... regretted big time...
i'm deeply in love with the baby... they are second to none...
big hole in pocket... real soon... i think...
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 pm

HOW'S THE FEEL?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miura's owner   Miura's owner - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miura's owner
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next