Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
r51069
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Need advice - can junior use adult driver ??? Empty
PostSubject: Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???   Need advice - can junior use adult driver ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:31 am

hi all, my kid is 10 yrs old now and im thinking of changing his driver to adult driver, is that a good idea or buy another junior longer driver (like callaway, US Kids or TM ).
what are the things that i need to consider if i get him the adult driver ??
Thanks guys. Smile

Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???   Need advice - can junior use adult driver ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 am

10 years old, about 1.3m tall right?

Adult driver will be too long..
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???   Need advice - can junior use adult driver ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 pm

r51069 wrote:
hi all, my kid is 10 yrs old now and im thinking of changing his driver to adult driver, is that a good idea or buy another junior longer driver (like callaway, US Kids or TM ).
Thanks guys. Smile

It would depend very much on your kid's current level of game. If you want to move your kid up in his/her game, you can consider an adult driver head but custom fit the shaft. This will ensure the weight and length are both manageable.

When your kid grows taller in 6mths, you can do an extension on the shaft if he/she is not ready to move to a higher spec. If your kid is into competitive golf, do consider seeing a certified club fitter. It will save you money, time and frustration to search for the right equipment.

Cheers,
ethee

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???   Need advice - can junior use adult driver ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:26 pm

r51069 wrote:
Thanks guys. Smile

Ethee has given some very good advice, she should know, since she's gone down the route you are now experiencing r51069. Her son though, is seriously into the game.

The easiest fix is of course to move up to the longer junior clubs for kids. Or even move to ladies or senior flex clubs. My sister decided to take this route with her son, he was out growing his clubs way too fast but was only a recreational golfer.

There are of course the pros and cons of either Ethee's route or my suggestion, which route to take you'll have to figure out according to how much you want to invest in your kid's game. Very Happy

At the very least, you should check the length and flex of the shaft, grip size, and that the club soles flat on the ground when he/she addresses the ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???   Need advice - can junior use adult driver ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice - can junior use adult driver ???
Page 1 of 1