Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 am

Hi guys, would be grateful if someone can give me advice on the following.

i'm currently using a Graphite design YSQ Tour AD shaft, R flex, 55 grams on my Ping G15 driver head. The problem i have is that i tend to launch the ball a little high, even when i hit the ball well.

So im looking for a lower launching driver shaft. I came across the Graphite Design Aura gold.
specs here: http://www.gdintl.com/shafts/aura-gold/aura-gold-overview

It's supposed to launch the ball lower, and it's also quite cheap. it is a rather old model by graphite design.

Any thoughts on whether Aura gold is worth a shot, and in particular, whether if it should launch the ball lower than the YSQ?

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 am

I looking at the aura red .where can u find tis shaft L
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GRAPHITE-DESIGN-AURA-GOLD-65G-REGULAR-FLEX-SHAFT-MID-LAUNCH-/370599090550?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item56496d5976

Hi i found the aura gold from the above ebay seller - proclubs. however, he doesnt have aura red
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:01 pm

i think we have a driver with an aura gold sitting on the rack....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

ah very nice.....DGman, i think i'll pop by sometime this week to return u your 6iron and try out the aura gold.

btw, how much u selling this driver?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm

i think its a s flex....try first...with cobra under $99.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:39 pm

sweet! ok will try it out
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

I went for a fitting session recently. Been struggling with excessive spin rate causing my drives to balloon and drop vertically at the tail end. I'd lose distance and even worse under windy conditions.

The fitter gave sorts of shafts and clubs to test. I was very very surprised that the GD Aura BLUE (a high spin, high torque, high launch model) actually gave me the lowest spinning drives, the highest smash factor and very tight dispersion. a bit shocked actually bcoz all that good stuff with a price tag of USD 50! it beat the $400 worth shafts like Ahina, Fubuki Alpha, Ilima and Speeder.= Very Happy

Fitter couldn't explain why exactly, just that he has had good results combining the Aura Blue and Razr Fit with other clients and thought give it a try on my swing. He thot I needed a higher torque.

Check out the trackman result (sorry if pic quality isnt excellent)

Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft Fit-au11
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm

thanks PushSlice, that's very helpful indeed.

btw, your smashfactor is impressive!

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 pm

haha if we're only swinging <95 mph, we need all the sweetspot strikes I can get. I dunno if smash factor in Trackman is affected by altitude, wind setting etc. Maybe I was swinging well that day, hitting indoor and not fatigued for having to walk 18 holes you know Wink

btw the den's trackman is the equivalent of playing with blades, very unforgiving for golfers with LOFT. I could only get 1.43 usually, max Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft   Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft
Page 1 of 1