Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting Junior Golf Set

Go down 
+6
golfchowmk
starchildten
shorthitter
weesern
dsia71
Genesis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Getting Junior Golf Set Empty
PostSubject: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:06 pm

My kid start to learn this game and I wish he have a set for him to practices . where to get a set for him? Any brand to look for? Appreicate if anybody and guru can advise me.
Back to top Go down
dsia71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dsia71

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Found this link...
http://www.golftiam.com/

They have children set....
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 pm

very much depends on gender, height and age
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 pm

I went to a pro shop at northern and saw 2 type, one for 4-7age and 8-12age. he tried both set , the set for 4-7age is a bit short (or just nice) and the other set is a bit long for his height, he need to hold it lower. the saleman told it's better to go for 8-12age set as he will grow taller anytime at his age. As he just started ,I also can't make this decision , so didn't buy. I'd probably go around to look something between 7-10age .

dsia71, thanks for sharing the link, I'll try to visit this shop.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:35 am

How tall is he?
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 am

He is about 4'2".
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

sorry wrong info , Shorthitter. It should be 50in.

anyone know to get Accu-length ? the staft length can be adjusted..
Back to top Go down
starchildten
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
starchildten

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm

If he is starting, you can either buy a second hand set from ebay or get a old set and cut the shaft down and grip with a juinior grip.
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 pm

starchildten wrote:
If he is starting, you can either buy a second hand set from ebay or get a old set and cut the shaft down and grip with a juinior grip.
Hi, This is my personal opinoin. pls go to a teaching pro & let the pro guide you to get to suite yr kid & not just go to ebay to bid something you are not sure. ok get a old set to cut short & grip down junior grip. i dont think so... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:40 am

starchildten wrote:
I tried a shop at Far east but I find the price not "worth" it comparing to a new set and also the condition. I went to Golf house which selling USkids and they do have measure the height before they recommend. I find accu-length could be more practical as it can be adjusted.
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:44 am

Genesis, i have a used Gosen Junior set. Comes with a driver, putter, 5,7 irons and PW in a bag. Its relatively new (7 iron still in-wrapped) ; my 7-yr old prefers her bro's old clubs.

If u r keen, pm me.

Regards,
ethee
Back to top Go down
lemons
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 pm

ethee,

I am keen to know more but I cant PM you. Can you provide me with your contact details?
Back to top Go down
tikili
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:19 pm

hi,

I am looking for a used Junior set too. Anybody letting go their junior Taylor Made or USKids set (for 4-6yrs kid), pls PM me.

My kid is about 108cm tall.

I have a current old set, but too heavy for her.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm

lemons wrote:
ethee,

I am keen to know more but I cant PM you. Can you provide me with your contact details?

Lemons, so sorry, i missed your post earlier. I have jus' pm you in case you are still keen.

Thanks.

Rgds,
ethee
Back to top Go down
Tarquin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Sorry to ride/hijack this thread but anyone has a RH junior set for sale for my boy? Age is 7 years old..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Junior Golf Set   Getting Junior Golf Set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Junior Golf Set
Page 1 of 1