Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue

Go down 
+21
golfamigo
drawbias
Khorkar
navik
simoner
hoppie
tronos
Tituman
eiji
mUAr_cHEe
KingAbarth
shamusan
duffader
and68low
Genesis
TheFocalPoint
daveaha
JonL_TK
alvin7379
wilkang
DGman
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:50 am

I like the idea of hitting out to the river or sea, the impact of the ball in the water is visually impactful. The floating platform is an ideal venue, don't have to worry about sitting arrangements and the area is large enough to cater to wayward shots. Can easily set up to large screen by the sides while the contestants tee off in the center of the platform, and even tie with with some of the bumboat/ hippo tours for exclusive close to the actions seats - similar to what they did for the fireworks festival. On that note, why not do it at night, can tee off with florescence or those balls that light up when hit like the F1 night race, then end with a fireworks festival ?

The only issue might be the wind as that place can be quite windy at times.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 pm

1) Old turf club off Bukit Timah. Lotsa space, length of fields for use.

2) Jalan besar stadium.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Khorkar wrote:
1) Old turf club off Bukit Timah. Lotsa space, length of fields for use.

2) Jalan besar stadium.

Think Old Tuft Club is already a range and DGman hope not to have to use range as an avenue.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Titu,

To avoid the range, there is also the football area which has a large pitch with pretty high fences. I think the area is pretty large and quite accommodating.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:50 pm

a lot of good info and suggestion here...i will tell GD to take a look at them.

if any of the suggestion is used, i will ensure that BFG give a "finder's fee" to the person whose suggestion is used or closest.

keep it coming and thank you in advance.

cheers...DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:14 pm

May be can consider reclaim land sites pending ground foundation settlement.

There are some sites such as Tuas South (near Slinger office), Seletar West (after Jr Flying Club).... just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 pm

this best thing is if we can find a centralised location so we can get big numbers to go and watch rather than a remote place where access is difficult.

thanks...DGman

Back to top Go down
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:03 pm

How abt Padang?

I remembered going to watch rugby some years ago, can blast loud music, Big field, centralize location, sufficient carpark nearby during weekend

Anyone here got lobang to book Padang?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Not sure if this totally out of whack...but here is what my little brain imagine

Platform at Singapore river...or some ground which has the SG river in the horizon........then the big hitters tee off into the river........folks can gather at the side of the river to witness the event......I can go and eat my thai food at golden mile and then proceed there to see...
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:53 pm

My proposal as mentioned below.

To be held at Seng Kang East , It's near Sengkang MRT Station.
They can tee off at the arrow listed below , it's 2 x patch of empty field and supporters can prob stand along Sengkang East Way and Anchorvale Street. There is 2 x Basketball court at the tee off site to accommodate people to watch the tee off as well . In case you're wondering the width of the field is 270m

The only thing need to be done is to close up Anchovervale Link Road for safety reason. Which can be easily done with getting approval from LTA . Total Distance as measured below is 700mbefore touching the main road. I guess these long hitted shd not be hitting up to 700m right What a Face What a Face

I've seen many activities being held there like football matches / Frisbee competition and etc. So I assume that land can be booked one la

Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 Long_d10
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:57 pm

golfamigo wrote:
How abt Padang?

I remembered going to watch rugby some years ago, can blast loud music, Big field, centralize location, sufficient carpark nearby during weekend

Anyone here got lobang to book Padang?

Padang is about 200m base on the mapping i check
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:18 pm

OCC across water toward Seletar ? not sure if the distance w/in the safe zone..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:41 am

thanks everyone...the event is set to happen.

had another discussion with the GD executives this week. will keep everyone posted and thank you once again for your inputs.

i will also forward this thread to them for their consideration.

it shows that GR is more than TCSS.

DGman
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 am

This will be a cool event... Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks DGman...let us know if you need volunteers Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 am

thanks Wilkang, i love to hear the work Volunteers, but if we do, i will make sure you guys and gals are amply rewarded too...and its not a treat from Esq Bate......haha

cheers....DGman
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Will definitely help out in the event.

Was thinking a HCM trip for the volunteer with the most hrs clocked as reward.

Razz
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:19 pm

I will help out too

foreigners need work permit? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:39 pm

pushslice wrote:
I will help out too

foreigners need work permit? Very Happy

you need S Pass, its skilled work ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue   Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a Long Drive, Trick shot exhibition venue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2