Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .

Go down 
+13
golfool2009
Stanix
callsign75
Mike888
loserjo
andrew-golf
Vinny
Fatboy
youming
righthook
Duval_S
BigblackGoof
chien
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:11 pm

bellevue18 wrote:
beehome wrote:
chien wrote:
In line with the Master Plan of turning the Marina coastal line into an exotic marina work/living environment, this MCE supposed to provide convenience and transport a larger capacity of motorists to the area. More drastic changes to be made including the relocation of the ports at Tanjong Pagar all the way to the West Coast areas.
And not forgetting 40 new buildings to be built in the Marina Bay vicinity..
Gonna be great fun down there..  santa
Haha... pls do not tickle me bro. 
Your 1st para I can agree a little. My contribution is small or insignificant now. The govt's unspoken wish is for all those older than 50s not to burden them too much. Your 2nd para reinforces my feeling.
Para 2. All that development is not for me. I wish I can enjoy it too but we all know it comes will $$$$. 
I think I am going OT. Better keep myself in check. Sorry
I gotta agree with you bro. In fact, I count myself lucky I can still afford to pick up golf after 50, unlike the poor uncles and aunties who have no other options but to work, eg in coffeeshops in order to survive. The new buildings are never gonna meant for oldies like me. In fact, are they meant for the general Singaporean public or more for the FTs?

I would like to recount the story of a former Singaporean footballer whom I recently met in Vancouver. He's now 63, lives in a large landed house, drives 3 cars, and goes fishing every weekend. Mind you, he's still holding down a mechanic job, even though he has heart triple bypass and was on a full year medical leave with full pay. Is his quality of life better than the average Singaporean here?

without the heart bypass, yes...
Back to top Go down

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2