Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How's the Black Ops treating everyone?

Go down 
+8
zk1250
DGman
TourSwing
joshyo
shamusan
daveaha
pocketace
BlackOps-Mike
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackOps-Mike
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BlackOps-Mike

How's the Black Ops treating everyone? Empty
PostSubject: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 am

How's everyone doing? My name is Mike and I help Tim, owner of USPG Enterprises, with his design and social media needs. I recently read the topic, from last month, about the Black Ops shaft line and was curious to see how things were going with it.

Who's hitting it?

Comments / Feedback?

I recently got fitted with a shaft for my Taylormade R11 head and I can't seem to hit a bad ball anymore. The other thing that I'm personally loving is that I'm not having to put as much power into my swings to get some nice distance when practicing. Unfortunately, out here in Chicago(Illinois, USA) it's already quite cold and the weather doesn't permit me to do much more other than hit at our heated range that's local to me. Range balls don't give me a COMPLETE feel for how the club will perform but even with those beat-up balls I'm seeing a completely different driving game.

I'm very eager to read everything you guys have to say and I will definitely be giving all of your feedback to Tim as well. Everyone knows, and if not you should, that Tim is crazy passionate about the Black Ops line and he's made a COMPLETE believer out of me.

Nice to meet everyone and may the golf gods treat you well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.USPGBlackOps.com
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 pm

I believe a local pro here, Allen is gaming it
So is an ex-pro from USA, now based here Dan is also gaming it

Sounds like a shaft made for pros or players with high swing speed

Will golfers with less than 100mph swing speed be able to play this shaft?
Back to top Go down
BlackOps-Mike
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BlackOps-Mike

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 pm

I know a lot of the Pros might not have the time to visit forums as much as they'd like but I figured I'd ask anyway just to see who else is playing it. Knowledge is power and Tim is a true believer in hearing results from those that are hitting the Black Ops shaft.

Please visit the USPG Enterprise homepage and click on Fitting Guide link at the top. There you'll see that the shaft is most definitely playable for those with a swing speed less than 100mph. Now, I don't pretend to be an expert and I highly recommend you talk with Eric @ BFG when it comes to choosing which shaft and stiffness you should go with.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll see if I can help further. Always remember you can ask Eric at Big Fish as he's considered, by USPG, to be our extension in Asia.

Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm

For a while I thought you're referring to the BlackOps II game that's just released very recently... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm

i'm not sure about allen, but i'm pretty sure tht last time i played with dan, he wasn't using black ops shafts
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm

daveaha wrote:
For a while I thought you're referring to the BlackOps II game that's just released very recently... Very Happy

Word. Me too. LOL!
Ah shaft talk. Let's see if anyone has smth interesting to feedback. First time I'm hearing of B.ops shafts.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Some related info :

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20052-black-ops-shafts
Back to top Go down
BlackOps-Mike
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BlackOps-Mike

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 am

In reply to zk1250's Private Message: ( I can't reply to PM's yet due to a post quota that has to be met)

I brought your question to the attention of our club fitter here in the USA. Actually, I showed him your exact private message and his response was as follows.

"He's getting better control and his dispersion is a lot better per what he's saying. If he's looking for more distance, then he's going to have to find it in his swing speed. Regardless, the better control and dispersion sounds like a great improvement in itself. Also, what other factors were there when he was hitting? Weather and course conditions can play a big part too when it comes to distance."

I don't know of anyone that's used the Callaway Razr Fit with the Black Ops shaft. If I find someone using it, then you'll be the first to know!

In regards to slower swing speeds and the regular flex / lower CPM shafts. Our club fitters father is playing on a 235cpm shaft and is in love with it. The control is there, his dispersion is a lot better, and he's noticed a slight increase in distance. The big thing, per our club fitter, is that the USPG Black Ops shaft helps to reduce ball spin and achieve better dispersion. Spending more time on the fairway, not in the rough, is a plus! :-)

--------------

If anyone else has any questions please feel free to bring them to my attention. Again, if you're looking to be fitted, properly, then I urge you to get with Eric at Big Fishes as he's who we consider to be our expert in Asia. There are a bunch of factors that go into being setup right for your clubs, as you know, and he'd be your best bet for making sure everything is perfect!

Happy hitting and I hope to read some more feedback from those that are already hitting the shaft in their driver!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 am

Hi Mike, Nice to meet you online.

the range of the shaft which Tim pass on to me was in the 255, 265 and 275 CPM category. we have had some customers who brought them out for trials and never came back with the shaft. however they came back to pay.

when Tim and i last met we had a 9 hole game and i used the 255 CPM which did not feel as if it was like hitting a rock and most of the results we get on the trackman has seen a reduction of 500 to 1000 rpm. hence those who are currently hitting it way too high will benefit from the black ops.

its a different beast and its one that's worth trying. we have them in TM and Cally adaptors and GRians are free to come and try them or take them out for a spin.

as the product is always short supply because of its popularity in the US, we can pre-order for the Singapore market.

so please feel free to come and try them out at the Den.

once again its nice meeting you online and my best regards to Tim please.

also i hope you have the opportunity to try out the LH putter.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
BlackOps-Mike
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BlackOps-Mike

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 am

DGman,

It's a pleasure to finally meet you, even though only online, as well.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with Tim and will definitely pass your well wishes onto him. Also, by LH I'm hoping you mean left handed! I'll be extremely excited and privileged to test. By no means am I a professional but I would be more than honored to try it and give you some feedback.

--------------------------------------------------

My results when hitting my TM R11 fitted on a Black Ops "Pro Tour" (11/20/2012 @ 6:00pm CST)

Total of 14-15 shots were taken. I think it was 14 because I deleted one due to hitting the ball like a COMPLETE goof :-) .. I also made sure to throw a shot in where I hit with a 100mph+ swing speed. So you can see the numbers gained when a bigger swing is taken. It was a semi-bad hit but the ball still carried 250yds+ and most likely would've gone 265-270yds had I connected better. At least that's what the instructor that was there told me after watching me take the shot.

Head Setup: TaylorMade R11 10.5 - Face closed / Low Loft (9.0)

AVERAGE OF 14 SHOTS TAKEN
Distance: 221 yards
Carry: 208 yards
Run: 13 yards
Club Speed: 96mph
Ball Speed: 131 mph
Vert Angle (Ball Trajectory): 13.4 degrees
HDR Angle: 4.0 Degrees R
Backspin: 3213 RPM
Sidespin: 630 L
Max Height: 32 yards
Draw / Fade: -14 yards

BEST SHOT
Distance: 259 yards
Carry: 253 yards
Run: 5 yards
Club Speed: 110 mph
Ball Speed: 151 mph
Vert Angle (Ball Trajectory): 12.8 Degrees
HDR Angle: 3.2 Degrees R
Backspin: 3931
Sidespin: 1390 L
Max Height: 52 yards
Draw / Fade: -37 yards

Short run due to my striking the ball bad. It caused me to have more backspin than normal, which comes with a faster swing naturally, and some major side spin.

ONE MORE GOOD SHOT
Distance: 231 yards
Carry: 213 yards
Run: 18 yards
Club Speed: 97 mph
Ball Speed: 133 mph
Vert Angle (Ball Trajectory): 13.6 degrees
HDR Angle: 2.2 Degrees R
Backspin: 2194
Sidespin: 188 L
Max Height: 31 yards
Draw / Fade: -6 yards

*I have images for all of the data but the forum wouldn't let me post anything with links yet. All of these are available if anyone would like to see them in order to confirm what I'm posting*

As I've said I'm no pro at all. I'm honestly a COMPLETE amateur. However, the numbers I'm able to produce while using this shaft and the dispersion are incredible. This just further proves everything Tim, from USPG Enterprises, and DGman have been saying in regards to the Black Ops shafts.

Next time I'll bring a video camera along to get some live footage for everyone to see and enjoy.

Good day everyone!

Back to top Go down
zk1250
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks DG Man

Am keen to try this in the Cally Fit, will make a visit soon.

Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll definitely want to try this line of shaft with my new R11s. Maybe I'll get some love from it.
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:13 pm

thanks to DGman, i had a chance to try the blackops shaft (265) on TM R9 supertri 9.5deg head.
i dont have any stats to share but it feels great to swing and powerful on impact. i feel confident with it (matt black looks cool) and very importantly, it cures my slice and goes long (for my standard, long is 200-220m). 8/10 good hits with this, 2/10 is my own teebox mishits.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 pm

The black chrome finish looks superb, are those shafts still offered in 50" option? Thinking of experimenting with the long tom. Beer
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Eric, thanks for your time, tips and all the poisoning today.

Will try the Black Ops shaft at the range tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
zk1250
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:57 pm

What do 255, 265 and 275 CPM category mean, are they Reg, Stiff and Ex Stiff ?, the US webesite, didn't have it to this level..
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:01 pm

255 regular
265 stiff
275 x stiff

Apparently they have a 245 too.

The shaft is stable and shaved almost 400rpm off my hits
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:05 pm

simoner wrote:
Hi Eric, thanks for your time, tips and all the poisoning today.

Will try the Black Ops shaft at the range tomorrow.

it was nice meeting u and having seen the real person, you are better looking and younger than your avatar suggest.....

have fun and the demo gang leader is coming back tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:13 am

zk1250 wrote:
What do 255, 265 and 275 CPM category mean, are they Reg, Stiff and Ex Stiff ?, the US webesite, didn't have it to this level..

I guess this link explains the numbers.

http://www.uspgenterprises.com/fitting/
Back to top Go down
BlackOps-Mike
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BlackOps-Mike

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:57 am

angyongshen wrote:
The black chrome finish looks superb, are those shafts still offered in 50" option? Thinking of experimenting with the long tom. Beer

The only two that are currently offered in 50 inch or Long Drive Edition are "The Pearl" and "Green Monster".

I would post the link but I still haven't met the quota for posting links/images unfortunately. However, if you go to the USPG Enterprise homepage you will find a link at the top that says "LD Shafts". Both models are shown there with some specs.

You can also get with Eric @ Big Fishes, as I always suggest :-)

Eric will be able to help you determine exactly what the best shaft for your swing is. Everyone is different, has different swing issues, and this is why professional club fitters are awesome! By watching you hit a few balls on a range, on sim, or anywhere they're able to determine what will give you optimum performance!

Back to top Go down
dexter06
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dexter06

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:44 am

This seems like a good shaft, I should try it at Big Fish!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am

for those with Cally or TM heads. we have them in those adaptors and you can bring it out for a spin.......

as of current state, there are no shafts left.....we hope to get some stocks in soon......just be patient.

cheers......DGman
Back to top Go down
dexter06
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dexter06

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:09 am

Will be waiting thanks eric...
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:29 pm

pretty good review here. i felt similar to what he said in there wrt the shaft:
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/736547-black-ops-shaft-replacement-in-tm-burner-superfast-20-tp/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's the Black Ops treating everyone?   How's the Black Ops treating everyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How's the Black Ops treating everyone?
Page 1 of 1