Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylormade R1 Black

Go down 
+21
Duval_S
Turbo
Flash
kid22
Birdman
Porky Woods
asahi
flog-er
S70B
scottycollector
paul@golf
bogeyman72
enwee
devil_wq
hkhamateur
playgolf
pyrric
Technospaz
kamen
eiji
18underPar
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Taylormade R1 Black Empty
PostSubject: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Taylormade Golf announced this morning in North America they will be releasing a limited edition R1 BLACK! It will be available June 1st and only in limited quantities as well... Which do you prefer, R1 White or R1 Black? Personally, we like the look of the black better!! Graphics are more subtle as well, check it out!!!

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/backinblack-taylormade-r1-black/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm

what a load of rubbish from TM who when first launch the white driver, said it was better for alignment. Now limited edition black drivers. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:56 pm

eiji wrote:
what a load of rubbish from TM who when first launch the white driver, said it was better for alignment. Now limited edition black drivers. Laughing

+1

What's next TM? Pink?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:56 pm

TM launches new products far too quickly. It's one thing to ride the wave of marketing but quite another to flood the market with new launches and gimmicky crap every other weekend.
Back to top Go down
pyrric
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:17 pm

yeah they said that the white was to help make alignment easier and not just graphics!
Back to top Go down
playgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:25 pm

All marketing gimmicks. No wonder their prices drops faster than stone.
But i must say the black looks nice.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:27 pm

Scary... pale
Dun knw how much can the changes n improvement be in every quarterly lor! Neutral

Last edited by hkhamateur on Fri May 31, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:38 pm

At the end of the day they must be doing something right. At one point, they were having something like 52% market share for metal woods! That's more than the rest of the brands combined!

And I must say, this "black-IER" driver is really good looking and will definitely sell well.

Btw, I don't have a single TM club in my bag...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:42 pm

devil_wq wrote:
At the end of the day they must be doing something right. At one point, they were having something like 52% market share for metal woods! That's more than the rest of the brands combined!

And I must say, this "black-IER" driver is really good looking and will definitely sell well.

well according to sources, they paying pros $1k a day for using their driver. We are not talking abt the players like justin rose or sergio gracia.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm

I am a novice here but the production costs for Black should be lower than White, ya?
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:53 pm

enwee wrote:
devil_wq wrote:

well according to sources, they paying pros $1k a day for using their driver. We are not talking abt the players like justin rose or sergio gracia.

If that helps secure a 52% market share, then I think it is a very good strategy as long as they make money. Better then spending all the money on just 2 players I suppose?
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:15 pm

another makeover to entice worldwide consumers cosmetically to generate profit for TM? lol!
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

i've never been a fan of the way taylormade floods the market with "new" products every other day

but in this case, to be fair, they are not claiming that the black has any technological upgrades. it's quite clear that it's just a cosmetic difference

it's what other brands are doing too - eg. callaway and cobra who offer customised colors
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm

All u need now is some idiot who will think the black R1 driver goes further and straighter than the white R1 driver after some serious 'demo-ing'.
Back to top Go down
playgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Just slap in the words 'limited edition' and that justify them for a price hike. puke!
Back to top Go down
flog-er
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:35 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
I am a novice here but the production costs for Black should be lower than White, ya?

Why is that? (honest qn) scratch
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:59 pm

S70B wrote:
All u need now is some idiot who will think the black R1 driver goes further and straighter than the white R1 driver after some serious 'demo-ing'.

I'm holding my breath in anticipation.
The review will most probably state that the black finish absorbs ambient infra-red radiation now instead of reflection by the white version which lead to heating of gases in the clubhead thus enabling a 'hotter' clubface which inadvertently have to result in an increase of distances.
Wow! A masterpiece! A phenomenon! Haha!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Crap marketing
Back to top Go down
Porky Woods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Porky Woods

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:12 pm

I like this black edition. Wonder when will start selling here.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Here's your answer Porky,

"For Asian specs, the R1 Black features the TM1-113 by Mitsubishi Rayon shaft and is available at retail 10 June 2013. For more information please visit taylormadegolf.com

LOCAL PRICING:
R1 Black Driver Asian Spec = S$609

R1 Black Driver Global Spec = S$499"
Back to top Go down
kid22
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:23 am

Much nicer compared to the white one.

So it's only available online?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 am

Or wait for another 6 mth for maroon color. Wait
Or wait for another 6 mth for R2.

Black or white. It the same performance. Period.

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Flash wrote:
Or wait for another 6 mth for maroon color. Wait
Or wait for another 6 mth for R2.

Black or white. It the same performance. Period.

Yes, just another marketing gimmicks from TM ... TM next will come up with a limited edition R1 ... Taylormade

Cobra also did that for their ZL Encore driver ... Cobra Smiley
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Macan LV

A jeans material coz more than leather.... Faint
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:17 am

Gonna revive this thread - hear from some of TM's tour staff and their reactions/first impressions of the R1 black. Sounds like a lot of them prefer the traditional black driver over a white driver!

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/r1-black-reactions-from-the-pros/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R1 Black   Taylormade R1 Black I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylormade R1 Black
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next