Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Ops Shafts

Go down 
+5
TourSwing
DGman
shorthitter
DRGjr72
AGI
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AGI
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Our dear friend, Tim Logisz, owner of USPG Enterprises will be visiting our shores and the Asian Golf Institute next week. For those not in the know, USPG is the manufacturer of the highly acclaimed line of Black Ops shafts that is already in play on the Re/Max Long Drive Championships and the PGA Tour.

The Black Ops line of shafts are made from the finest Japanese 4000T graphite, allowing Black Ops shafts to recover faster from shaft deformation on the downswing. This leads to a more stable club face at impact leading to tighter dispersion off the tee; lower backspin for longer carry and greater roll.

Tim has kindly sponsored us some shafts for loyal followers of this page. We will be running a contest soon...watch our Facebook page...!

Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Read a little about these after a local pro friend had asked me if I had heard of them. They look good, at least from what I was able to read about them online.
Back to top Go down
AGI
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
Read a little about these after a local pro friend had asked me if I had heard of them. They look good, at least from what I was able to read about them online.

DRGjr72, if your local pro friend is interested, he can pm me. We are looking to giveaway some shafts. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm

What about to ex-pro's like

<---------------this guy??? Beer

I have been known to test out a shaft or 2.....

I kid. I kid.

I will contact him and have him shoot you a PM.
Back to top Go down
AGI
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
What about to ex-pro's like

<---------------this guy??? Beer

I have been known to test out a shaft or 2.....

I kid. I kid.

I will contact him and have him shoot you a PM.

I will be open to that. Thanks for volunteering your service!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:43 am

His friend is me.....

But Dan is a good stick, he played on the PGA Tour a few times.... Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried this shaft and how it performs.

i know AK has. i have put in on the TrackMan and it's showing some pretty spectacular results.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Results are looking quite promising. Might be time to get one into one of my drivers and do some testing.....
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 am

Need a TM adaptor before I can really test, but it was a sweet hit with the demo shaft.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

Still in test mode, but very promising so far...

@Dan.... impossible to snap hook, I like that a lot! Beer
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm

That is good to hear. I am anxious to find out how the performance is. You know me, not afraid to try something out if it could work its way into the starting lineup.... Beer
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Went to the Den to pickup my shirts, Eric wasn't there but it seems Rizal too has mastered the dark art of the poison Very Happy ... he handed the blackops shaft to me on a Supertri head 9.5!!!

I usually struggle to hit driver indoors ... something about the confined space ... the loud thud sound from in front as soon as you hit the ball and before the swing is even completed ... the ball goes nowhere ... breakables everywhere ... anyways ...

First impression: This shaft specializes in killing spin ... I have never seen spin numbers so low in my life ... I thought 2500rpm was impossible with my swing but I even touched 2300 on a normal hit, and that too from a supertri head ... even my bad swings (and I am prone to quite a few) maxd out at 3500 ... with the land angle averaging around 40 and remaining in the upper mid 40s for the bad shots ... trackman was giving me a rather generous 30m of roll which may be true on some tour fairways in the US but not in wet Singapore ... nevertheless the distances achieved were highly impressive ... the most I have ever gotten indoors.

Couldnt really evaluate dispersion ... and don't think I ever will be able to indoors ... plan of action is to take my existing setup to the den next week and compare some numbers side by side ... who knows this shaft with a fast 12 LS head may give spin numbers that are too low!! the unimaginable!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 pm

No wonder there was a canvas tear today....i thought it was FrostEE practicing when i was out lunching at Hubers' Bistro......
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 am

Eric, is this shaft only meant for guys with very fast swing speeds?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am

we are in testing mode and in the process of getting the shaft profiled. its a pretty interesting shaft given its ability to reduce spin. another round of on course testing this weekend.

we have flex from 240, 255, 265 and 280 cpm and please come and try them. after today cos we have visitors from Japan today.

cheers......
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

On sales now: http://uspgenterprises.com/cart/products-page/pro-tour-line/black-ops-complete-club-duplicate/

US$169 + US$29.95 for shipping to Singapore. Ends on 25 Oct (which I think is 26th in Singapore).
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:05 am

Hi Eric,

do you still have the shaft available for sale?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
golfbuzz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbuzz

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:34 am

My friend might have 1 used stiff flex for sale.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:16 am

yes we still have some left.......
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:19 am

DGman wrote:
yes we still have some left.......

How much is it going for?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
Sponsored content

Black Ops Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops Shafts   Black Ops Shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Ops Shafts
Page 1 of 1