Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.

Go down 
+12
DGman
ironfist
Airwave
Technospaz
Birdman
tronos
golfer
solarpop
joleelyn
fabulous
missmoon
evo5555
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. Empty
PostSubject: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Found some interesting stuffs... tot of sharing wif fellow GRs here.. Smile

==> I recently purchased some clubs and tried removing stickers on the shafts, which left glue/sticky residue on the shaft. I searched online and found several methods of removing the glue. I heard nail polish remover and paint thinner. I really didn't want to try either of those on my graphite shafts and wedge/steel shafts. I wanted to do something in my mind sounded better and not a chance of removing paint, or damaging it. one of my fren suggested an interesting method. Peanut Butter... It works.

I used Creamy Peanut Butter. I spread the peanut butter on with my finger and rubbed it in for a second. Then I let it sit for about 2 minutes. I then rubbed it off with a paper towel and the glue was completely gone. I then took a lightly moist cloth and wiped the shaft. It worked perfectly. You cant even tell that there was glue on it or where the sticker was. Note: on one of my wedges, I didn't try to remove any of the sticker before applying peanut butter, which resulted in me having to apply peanut butter twice, but it still worked perfectly. I don't know the science behind it, but I wouldn't waits my time posting it unless it worked. <===

anybody wanna give it a try and prove the theory wrong?? Smile
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:40 pm

i think it is the "oil" that does the trick..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Is peanut butter dangerous to our body? I loved peanut butter jelly
Beer thx for sharing .
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:00 pm

I thought was petrol or thinner... just a lil' and a paper towel.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 pm

I use lighter fluid.. ronsonol or something like that.
Back to top Go down
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 pm

not good to remove orginal stickers as they prove genuine
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:32 pm

bought 'Goo Gone' from the hardware store...easily removes the sicker. It petroleum based.
Back to top Go down
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Smile so moral of the story is rubbing oil onto our tools should do the work yeah...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Lighter fluid is fine, zippo or ronson, that's the stuff I use. That's what people in the sales line have been using for years to remove the sticky residue from all manner of products, except certain plastics of course.

There really is no worry about shaft degradation from the fluid. Manufacturers are aware that shafts do rub against the inside of bags causing some wear, that's why there is a clear protective coating thick enough to protect against such wear, which in turn should be thick enough not to be affected by the lighter fluid.

I have always preferred removing the stickers for a couple of reasons. One of which is over time when the stickers wear down, the sticky residue starts to smear all around, sometimes getting all over other things. The other reason is whether or not leaving the sticker on the shaft actually affects shaft performance, especially when the sticker is almost 2 inches long and wraps around half the shaft near the tip.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 am

I use an eraser and rub the gluey bits off.
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:49 am

Technospaz wrote:

ooo. i used to do that in class for my pens... lol! =p
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:01 pm

joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

It works, right?
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Technospaz wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

It works, right?

ya. damn clean! but it's only a small area so eraser is fine. But for clubs, I don't recommend this method. Can be quite tiring to rub. Unless of course you wanna exercise your arms..=D
Back to top Go down
Airwave
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Airwave

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:21 pm

I tried using acetone. it helps
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:01 pm

joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

It works, right?

ya. damn clean! but it's only a small area so eraser is fine. But for clubs, I don't recommend this method. Can be quite tiring to rub. Unless of course you wanna exercise your arms..=D

Build up muscle... can swing harder Smile
Back to top Go down
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:47 am

Technospaz wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

It works, right?

must build up the correct muscle.... big muscle simply does not help in the game... Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:26 am

evo5555 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
joleelyn wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

It works, right?

must build up the correct muscle.... big muscle simply does not help in the game... Smile

Now you tell me!
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:27 am

lol i use the eraser method too! just rub without any elbow grease also can and just wipe off with a damp cloth. easiest and cleanest way! Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:28 am

apply heat from hair dryer for a few minutes, then you can easily peel off the sticker...

after which, acetone, goo-gone, peanut butter or oil should do the trick....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:38 am

Technospaz wrote:

swing harder doesnt mean game better leh... my friend try. ultimate failure.. hahaa...

looks like although you guys have the muscles. doesnt mean we girls cant play a mean game too. heh heh.. lol!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:49 am

joleelyn wrote:

looks like although you guys have the muscles. doesnt mean we girls cant play a mean game too. heh heh.. lol!

MT was thrashed by a leading lady golfer last sunday...to make sure the continue his losing streak, i have arranged for a game in bangkok with one of thailand leading female golfer this friday...MT and the Rage will get to taste total defeat but the question is how many dinner treats is in store after that.

if you have seen those 280 yard drives off 18 year old girls, you know what technique is all about and its got nothing to do with brute power.

go for it...ladies....hopefully we can show pics and post FR.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 am

i go practice first. lol!.. i lagging 3 years already.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:11 am

DGman wrote:
joleelyn wrote:

MT was thrashed by a leading lady golfer last sunday...to make sure the continue his losing streak, i have arranged for a game in bangkok with one of thailand leading female golfer this friday...MT and the Rage will get to taste total defeat but the question is how many dinner treats is in store after that.

if you have seen those 280 yard drives off 18 year old girls, you know what technique is all about and its got nothing to do with brute power.

DGman

Now, that's one match to watch!!!

MT - wear your HK belt. You may be given some reprieve.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 am

Technospaz wrote:
DGman wrote:
joleelyn wrote:

DGman

Now, that's one match to watch!!!

MT - wear your HK belt. You may be given some reprieve.

Yeah, maybe she will get distracted by the cuteness... oh and by the "compressed ProV1"
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 am

DGman wrote:
joleelyn wrote:

DGman

i have to say that it really puts things in perspective when you are outdriven (on some holes) by them, and they reach the green waaaaaaaaaay before you do. there is an added stress level which comes with playing with lady pros as opposed to male pros... try it, and u will understand what i mean...

i hope that the rage does not break another driver this time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.   Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Tip!!! How to remove glue, sticker safely from golf shafts., Graphite and Steel shafts.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next