Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .

Go down 
+13
golfool2009
Stanix
callsign75
Mike888
loserjo
andrew-golf
Vinny
Fatboy
youming
righthook
Duval_S
BigblackGoof
chien
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . Empty
PostSubject: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Had my first taste of the much talked about $4bn Expressway at 11am today. I was left feeling totally disappointed n disillusioned. . We paid millions for the best brains to be in charged and this is what they figured out? 

Just opening up to our bros n sis here traveling towards the East frequently whether the journey has improved. ..

I'm quite thankful I don't live in the East. .  rabbit
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 pm

After all the rants over Facebook and Twitter, I didn't dare to try...hehe. I am moving to the west soon... Phew.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:34 pm

my fren said this is partly due to the drivers slowing down to admire this engineering feat...LTA said is the biggest thing they had done.

Next week when school starts, drivers wil drive faster ..and the jam should ease
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm grateful to a the rants n complains from our fellow citizens 

Without them, I would hv not come to know about the "good" work & the improve traffic conditions over the area. 

Thanks again to all
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 pm

I didn't see any details introduction in newspaper or TV before the open the new road. I was there at the first day, every driver don't know how to select direction. I almost turn into MCE, lucky keep going to get in KPE. They should give public more information before they switch the road. Now all people stay around Fort rd, if want go to city, they must turn left to east coast park service road and u turn back join ECP. I am sure more people will use Katong and parkway exit, make there more jam.
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:36 pm

I think signage are too close to the exit n so motorist have to slow down to see where they are going.

Was ok for me tis morning about 8 am from AYE to MCE to KPE; chaos started later in the morning.

MCE : Messy & Chaos Expressway
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 pm

With the emergence of the MCE (Most Costly Expressway), morning peak hour jams are being diverted to other parts of the highway ~ as far as road users are concerned, it has not in anyway elevated traffic flow conditions. 

Wether it's a stroke of genius or another blunder ~ remains to be seen. But one thing's for sure, gov.sg has embarked on a mega scale project with the people's $$ and the people are being charged to use it ~ CLASSIC  Superman
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:50 pm

1. not enough signages

2. ERP has been extended from 930am to 10am

3. Feeder road to CBD at the end of ECP is only 2 lanes

4. took me 1.5 hours to drive to work

5. I'm taking Nicoll Highway tomorrow

6. I MISS THE VIEW FROM THE BENJAMIN SHEARES BRIDGE
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Real disappointment. Mce technically should improve the traffic but I was caught in it for such a long jam. Wardens are deployed but cars behind me dedicate the flow of traffic by overtaking on the right and swerving in front causing a total mess. Traffic from side ignore the yellow box and jammed the on going traffic. Warden never step up but continue to wave to ask the car go forward. I also know I need to go forward but how am I suspose to when there's a car stationed in the middle of junction yellow box.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 pm

This is how much taxi fare a passenger raked up traveling from Bishan to Marina Bay via MCE......  

http://news.asiaone.com/news/mailbox/passenger-racks-7420-taxi-fare-travelling-mce
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:38 am

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . XwIcKkC 
Back to top Go down
callsign75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:41 am

Disaster....whole day jam for people going into marina bay financial centre....better avoid....
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:13 am

Noticed tat when me came frm west to east.
There r only 2 lanes frm mce to ecp....
Whilst, mce to kpe, 4 lanes...

Gonna be a bottleneck there wor.... oh man...
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:20 am

I took the MCE from the East yesterday and exited at Maxwell...smooth sailing at 8am....it was the central blvd exit that was a nightmare and the reason for this was drivers not knowing the new route... I would also guess that the jam was caused by those who continued taking the ecp and were caught unawares when it suddenly ended at sheares and they were forced to hit central blvd even though they wanted to go west via AYE.....

i took the mce back home at 630pm yesterday and it was clear too.....

For those leaving raffles place back to the east, you can still take the old way back thru marina blvd to ecp....there's no need to take mce......

i took the mce again this morning exiting at maxwell at 830 and it was clear....even though 2 lanes were blocked due to an accident...from my office, it looks like central blvd exit is clear today....

not as bad as people say...partly caused by confusion of the drivers on which road to take....but i must agree that the exits to ecp from the west seem inadequate....i guess the true test comes next week when everyone is back to work....
Back to top Go down
darren.loo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
darren.loo

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:40 am

How did LTA's Engineers, Architects and Consultants approve the 2 / 3 lanes merging into and out of the MCE?

We are talking about a major EXPRESSWAY diversion here and not some 2 or 3 lanes road diversion! The ECP was a 4 / 5 lanes expressway, and now, it has been reduced to 2 / 3 lanes which merges in and out of the MCE.. How could this be possible with the amount of traffic that uses this major expressway?!

And now, LTA is telling motorist not to use the MCE during peak hours to avoid the traffic jam? Seriously, what kind of logic is this?! You spend S$4 Billion of taxpayers money to build the MCE and you are telling motorists not to use the MCE during peak hours?!

So much so for a "First World Transportation System"....
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:00 am

darren.loo wrote:
And now, LTA is telling motorist not to use the MCE during peak hours to avoid the traffic jam? Seriously, what kind of logic is this?! You spend S$4 Billion of taxpayers money to build the MCE and you are telling motorists not to use the MCE during peak hours?!

Yeah....you gotta love this.....
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 am

darren.loo wrote:
How did LTA's Engineers, Architects and Consultants approve the 2 / 3 lanes merging into and out of the MCE?

We are talking about a major EXPRESSWAY diversion here and not some 2 or 3 lanes road diversion! The ECP was a 4 / 5 lanes expressway, and now, it has been reduced to 2 / 3 lanes which merges in and out of the MCE.. How could this be possible with the amount of traffic that uses this major expressway?!

So much so for a "First World Transportation System"....

Totally agreed..

When ECP was 4 lanes they were jam packed every am going towards AYE and evening towards Changi.. Now we have 5 lanes merging into 2 lanes from MCE to ECP.. 

When I was there at 11am yesterday even the Fort Road exit was jammed..  affraid 

What logic is there.... 

I bet the next thing we'll find are more ERPs, and perhaps a UCE (Underwater Coastal Expressway) spanning out of the main island built totally underwater costing $8bn to be completed 2030 for our 6.9m population target..

elephant
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:21 am

I heard so much cock-up and I dare not use it yet. 

Have anyone wonder why they built this $4b MCE for?

I don't think it is for a small guy like me not to mention those who are unable or unwilling to own a car. 

My govt and me do not think alike. Sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:33 am

You'd think that after spending $X billions of our tax dollars the walls in MCE would look like this

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . Shipwreck_Family_Flat_Panel_HR
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:34 am

beehome wrote:
I heard so much cock-up and I dare not use it yet. 

Have anyone wonder why they built this $4b MCE for?

I don't think it is for a small guy like me not to mention those who are unable or unwilling to own a car. 

My govt and me do not think alike. Sad. Sad

You not small guy bro.. You contribute to the overall social and economical environment in Singapore..

In line with the Master Plan of turning the Marina coastal line into an exotic marina work/living environment, this MCE supposed to provide convenience and transport a larger capacity of motorists to the area. More drastic changes to be made including the relocation of the ports at Tanjong Pagar all the way to the West Coast areas.

And not forgetting 40 new buildings to be built in the Marina Bay vicinity..

Gonna be great fun down there..  santa
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:48 am

golfool2009 wrote:
You'd think that after spending $X billions of our tax dollars the walls in MCE would look like this

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . Shipwreck_Family_Flat_Panel_HR
LOL
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:00 am

chien wrote:

In line with the Master Plan of turning the Marina coastal line into an exotic marina work/living environment, this MCE supposed to provide convenience and transport a larger capacity of motorists to the area. More drastic changes to be made including the relocation of the ports at Tanjong Pagar all the way to the West Coast areas.

Haha... pls do not tickle me bro. 

Your 1st para I can agree a little. My contribution is small or insignificant now. The govt's unspoken wish is for all those older than 50s not to burden them too much. Your 2nd para reinforces my feeling.

Para 2. All that development is not for me. I wish I can enjoy it too but we all know it comes will $$$$. 

I think I am going OT. Better keep myself in check. Sorry
Back to top Go down
callsign75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Latest update today...no jam, All clear to marina bay financial centre...real test will be on 2 Jan when everybody returns to work....fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
bellevue18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bellevue18

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 pm

beehome wrote:
chien wrote:
Haha... pls do not tickle me bro. 
Your 1st para I can agree a little. My contribution is small or insignificant now. The govt's unspoken wish is for all those older than 50s not to burden them too much. Your 2nd para reinforces my feeling.
Para 2. All that development is not for me. I wish I can enjoy it too but we all know it comes will $$$$. 
I think I am going OT. Better keep myself in check. Sorry
I gotta agree with you bro. In fact, I count myself lucky I can still afford to pick up golf after 50, unlike the poor uncles and aunties who have no other options but to work, eg in coffeeshops in order to survive. The new buildings are never gonna meant for oldies like me. In fact, are they meant for the general Singaporean public or more for the FTs?

I would like to recount the story of a former Singaporean footballer whom I recently met in Vancouver. He's now 63, lives in a large landed house, drives 3 cars, and goes fishing every weekend. Mind you, he's still holding down a mechanic job, even though he has heart triple bypass and was on a full year medical leave with full pay. Is his quality of life better than the average Singaporean here?
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:05 pm

I am from the west and find the MCE to be a real nuisance at a very hight price! Formerly, I could get into the Marina Financial Center by turning straight off ECP. Now I have to make a BIG loop using MCE/Central Boulevard. Similarly to get to AYE from MFC is a huge detour.

To make matters worse, it is huge detour with lots of additional traffic lights to get to Suntec/Marina Square area. LTA's suggestion of using CTE / Anson road is a joke as those roads are already heavily congested. Where are my MPs when I need them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .   How is MCE treating our East side golfers. . I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How is MCE treating our East side golfers. .
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next