Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What am I learning today (golf)?

Go down 
+10
golf_snowman
Cyp_PGA
wilkang
asahi
Technospaz
Birdman
S70B
golfjoy
Genesis
Duval_S
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

What am I learning today (golf)? Empty
PostSubject: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I am learning how to chip and pitch using my SW.....trying to learn how to get higher trajectory.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Any master with you??
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:45 pm

My SW still in its wrap.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 pm

S70B wrote:
keep it up!

Is that encouragement or advice? scratch
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm

2 birds w 1 stone....u decide. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I am learning how to chip and pitch using my SW.....trying to learn how to get higher trajectory.

Bro, you try to set hands even with ball and lower at address, then cock wrists on backswing for higher trajectory. Hands forward of ball, and all else opposite for lower trajectory. Works for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm

S70B wrote:
2 birds w 1 stone....u decide. Laughing

*Ouch* Felt more like two stones and this bird! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Duval_S wrote:

Can teach me, bro DS?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Can teach me, bro DS?

sorry bro and fellow 'augusta' member.

Currently I am more like Pro....tat is Range Pro....as only works in range....sigh
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Birdman wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Bro, you try to set hands even with ball and lower at address, then cock wrists on backswing for higher trajectory. Hands forward of ball, and all else opposite for lower trajectory. Works for me. Very Happy

This online coaching is not working lah.
Best you can show him where to place the birds.....wrong, hands.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

asahi wrote:

lol!

Err... birds? Hands?

That one not chipping leh... but also can achieve high trajectory if want to.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Birdman wrote:
asahi wrote:

lol!

Err... birds? Hands?

That one not chipping leh... but also can achieve high trajectory if want to.. What am I learning today (golf)? 793680

Trajectory comes with age or urgency..LOL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Can teach me, bro DS?

sorry bro and fellow 'augusta' member.

Currently I am more like Pro....tat is Range Pro....as only works in range....sigh

At least it works somewhere... remind me to get tips from you Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

mate , do u know that high ball flight will stop less quicker than a low one ?

for chipping i will consider you do with gap to 6 iron and if you start to master go until 3 wood

pitch will be 56 to PW and try to keep it low without moving the ball by that u have to do that the sole of the club come first and not the edge .... because if the edge come first what will happen is you delofting the club and adding bounce .
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:03 pm

hi bro

you mention high ball flight will stop less quicker than a low one, would you mind share with me why is that so ?

I was always taught that high ball flight have a steeper landing angle and thus the roll will be shorter, so i did not really thought that high ball flight would stop less quicker than a low one..very interesting view...can share with me ?

thank you
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 pm

me getting confuse liao...high ball stop less quicker then low one ??? scratch
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:12 pm

siao liao .. blur liao .. i think i use putter all the way now ..
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:14 pm

especially the ZEN ZZIC putter...can putt from the fringe , no resistance from the longer grass.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:15 pm

when pitch it it it less quicker ... if you flop it it's differente because if you pitch high u hit down very steep . try on the course to come through with the sole u will produce more spin ....

I MEANT For Pitching ( Not FOr everything)
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:15 pm

G'day mate,

Our dear Duval wants to learn the high ball and you tell him how to play low ball. ROFL

And FYI, delofting the club does not add bounce, there is less bounce since less of the sole is in contact with the ground.

Open face - more bounce

Close or deloft face - less bounce

Is the weather getting too hot in Brisbane? ROFL
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Duval_S wrote:

u come kranji sat morning, then your short game wouldnt be so 1-dimensional........
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

slinger wrote:

u come kranji sat morning, then your short game wouldnt be so 1-dimensional........

You every Sat morning so early there, you live in tree house next to the course is it? Very Happy

I also want to come, sure learn a thing or two, but won't be around this weekend leh.. Sad
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Duval_S wrote:

When chipping the trajectory of the ball is irrelevant, unless you are going over something...... eg bunker...

And CYP is correct the lower flight will stop faster as you have hit down on ball with hands forward at impact thus creating more spin, it will bounce twice then roll to stop..

If a high flight you have either opened clubface or held hands back thru impact to lift ball. Createing less spin... less spin means less stopping power...

Anyone want proof... I am at Laguna.... CYP French people should not say mate.... Very Happy lol! Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Quote :
shorthitter wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

When chipping the trajectory of the ball is irrelevant, unless you are going over something...... eg bunker...

And CYP is correct the lower flight will stop faster as you have hit down on ball with hands forward at impact thus creating more spin, it will bounce twice then roll to stop..

If a high flight you have either opened clubface or held hands back thru impact to lift ball. Createing less spin... less spin means less stopping power...

Anyone want proof... I am at Laguna.... CYP French people should not say mate.... Very Happy lol! Beer

hmmmm...thanks a million....this definitely help me in making decision on shot selection......ok, whether I can execute is another matter...hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What am I learning today (golf)?   What am I learning today (golf)? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What am I learning today (golf)?
Page 1 of 1