Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning Golf thru You Tube

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Learning Golf thru You Tube Empty
PostSubject: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Hey,

Would anyone share who they go to for online lessons on Golf related issues @ You Tube?

In my case, for golf club review...like Playability and distance.
I goto: Mark Crossfield and Rick Shiels

Both give out infos on the clubs you want to know. Rick Shiels even compare clubs vs clubs.

For online lessons....

I have been using Mark Crossfield, Grexa Golf, Zach Allen...
I have also been learning which fits my body type....
One Plane Swing or Two Plane...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:02 pm

I spent more time learning golf thru reading articles rather than watching videos from Youtube. Always had to replay the same sentence as sometimes cant heard clearly. Other than watching slo-mo of various players swing, i hardly watch analysis or video tutorials.

Some golf-related channels i had actually watch are myswingevolution, rotaryswing, gorillajames and pgatour.

Recently, one of the best i have done out of self-exploration. I tried to change my swing path from a single-plane swing to a standard slot swing which example given is Sergio Garcia. My swing is visually identical but i feel the "drop" which allows me to accelerate the club faster. I think it is coupled with my more of a tempo swing which uses more momentum, and i felt more momentum by feeling the "drop". Playing from blue, I had hit into areas only if i play the whites and my distance increase again from 210~240m to 220~270m. Wondering why 220m~270m? Increase accuracy too which i maximise roll by carrying it to downslope areas.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Is there any body out there who actually improve their game scores by learning golf online?

I've been down this slippery slope before. Watch and analyse…..listen and repeat…..try to fine-tune here and there…..think that ball striking improve and distance somewhat longer a bit……….

Then when go back to see pro, he say "why you forget everything and whole swing wrong now?" 
*faintz*
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:12 pm

anyway it's part of being a human being. People will constantly try to become better and self-experiment, just to shave off one or two strokes.

I watch a lot of youtube myself. Probably share this guy that I found some time ago. It's very contradicting for me as when I listen to him and his explanations, I am super impressed and makes total sense to me. But when I look at him demonstrate and execute some swings, he looks so wrong! Lol so until now I still have not decided what I feel about this guy.

Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:01 am

Nam Flog wrote:
Is there any body out there who actually improve their game scores by learning golf online?

I've been down this slippery slope before. Watch and analyse…..listen and repeat…..try to fine-tune here and there…..think that ball striking improve and distance somewhat longer a bit……….

Then when go back to see pro, he say "why you forget everything and whole swing wrong now?" 
*faintz*
Maybe you didn't forget but it could be just visually identical to your "old" swing. All boils down to feel. Feeling you have fully coil your body but your left shoulder havent point to the right which isn't "textbook"
Your swing is your body physique which is why golf swings are unique in their own ways. But swing thoughts ought to be the same. Fact or fiction?
http://www.golfwrx.com/181715/biomechanics-and-how-they-affect-swing-plane/
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:07 am

Nam Flog wrote:
anyway it's part of being a human being. People will constantly try to become better and self-experiment, just to shave off one or two strokes.

I watch a lot of youtube myself. Probably share this guy that I found some time ago. It's very contradicting for me as when I listen to him and his explanations, I am super impressed and makes total sense to me. But when I look at him demonstrate and execute some swings, he looks so wrong! Lol so until now I still have not decided what I feel about this guy.

He look wrong mainly bcos you saw his takeway which he didn't hinge much. Other than than, it looks pretty ok.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Nam Flog wrote:

*faintz*

I have self learn golf long time ago. On and off, on and off. Never seen a pro. Till today. Still a lousy player. 

No consistency in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf thru You Tube   Learning Golf thru You Tube I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning Golf thru You Tube
Page 1 of 1