Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?

Go down 
+6
pippin
onime
benedictteo83
gingerus
jeffman88
digiet
10 posters
AuthorMessage
digiet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? Empty
PostSubject: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:31 am

Tried golf for a day with frens and love it! wanna find a coach to learn but as I was googling, came across a post stating bukit batok golf range doesn't seems to have the proper area to learn how to putt ....

wondering if it is still suitable to pick up golf? Location is great for me though ...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 am

Hmm thought alot of ppl go to BB range for lessons... Thought almost all ranges hv their set of coaches.. Tho BB range can be quite crowded at times Sad
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 am

digiet wrote:
Tried golf for a day with frens and love it! wanna find a coach to learn but as I was googling, came across a post stating bukit batok golf range doesn't seems to have the proper area to learn how to putt ....

wondering if it is still suitable to pick up golf? Location is great for me though ...

there is a green area that has like 5 holes for you to learn putting near the entrance
Back to top Go down
digiet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 am

I happened to read on one of the forum (forgot which one while i googling for coach), then i came across this remark.

haha...but seems like it is not a concern at all Smile
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:27 pm

there are some range at country clubs which putting and chipping green is open to public, i went to seletar range sometimes to use it. BB is great too but too far for me.
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 pm

BB is ok just that i dont like the range balls Laughing
Back to top Go down
digiet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:40 pm

went and see for myself today, should be okie bah ^^| at the same time observed a group of 6 learning golf.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 pm

The putting area can spoil your putting, coz the ground is a gross misrepresentation of real green ...
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:29 pm

pippin wrote:
The putting area can spoil your putting, coz the ground is a gross misrepresentation of real green ...

U use to train ur putting there?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

As a place to hit balls, i think its pretty decent and have good variety of food and beers. I know the owner there, he is a golfer as well and loves a good round of jokes.

As for learning, its up to you and your coach on deciding what is the expectation and progress.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Khorkar wrote:
As a place to hit balls, i think its pretty decent and have good variety of food and beers. I know the owner there, he is a golfer as well and loves a good round of jokes.

As for learning, its up to you and your coach on deciding what is the expectation and progress.

yup the food n beer has seen vast improvement... However, there's a lot of 'pte' unauthorised coaching, quite uncomfortable wit tat
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 pm

pippin wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

yup the food n beer has seen vast improvement... However, there's a lot of 'pte' unauthorised coaching, quite uncomfortable wit tat

Anyway i went thre to meet up frds for coffee only hahaha...

KK u are rite the food thre is qiute nice.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Coffee only?? Kidding leh !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm

pippin wrote:
Coffee only?? Kidding leh !! Very Happy

Missy,,. i now try to quit beers liao dummy getting bigger.

Oh btw if you"ll guy wanted to hit more ball & i suggest go morning or noon cos you paid certain amount & get free flow of ball. ( not to sure of the timing)

Correct me if iam wrong.
Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:41 pm

timing in Bukit Batok for ball buffet is from Mon to Fri from 0900 to 1700 at $4.30 for 1 hr or $5.35 for 1.5hr except for weds from 1100 to 1700. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Yes I think it's less then $5 for unlimited balls in one hr ... Last order I think is 12 or smtg
Back to top Go down
digiet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 am

golfchowmk wrote:
pippin wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

Anyway i went thre to meet up frds for coffee only hahaha...

KK u are rite the food thre is qiute nice.
Very Happy

Food nice? i pass by so many times in e past but only stop by for a drink also. hahah..nv really notice the food.
Back to top Go down
digiet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 am

pippin wrote:

wahh...will take note. hhaa...no wonder no one using it whenever i walk pass?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?   Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bukit Batok golf range suitable for learning?
Page 1 of 1