Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th

Go down 
+11
hardrock
slinger
smith
ifury
Eltonjuan
J.B.Low
fabulous
jaketang
weesern
Technospaz
Duval_S
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th Empty
PostSubject: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Executive Summary: Overall experiance = Great

Key Notes:
1. Very good course....if I may say, I thoroughly enjoy the game.
2. If not for my driver, my mid irons, my wedges and my putting, I would have been close to break 92.
3. 2nd shot to green on par4...hit near got bunker...hit over, also got bunker....try to hit on green...but ball flight not high enough...still roll fm bedok to Jurong..some say Tuas...
4. Check out the greens on most holes....at times, I prefer to not land on the 'valley of the green'.
5. Blue and White tee box sharing today..on most holes i think

Memorable holes: Started on #7 (par3)....walau...the pin was at the ' cliff'....putt liao.....and over..then lost in the valley...Also check out #18..today pin tucked in the right corner....walau...3 ON but at the wrong side...spent travelling on green fm Jurong to Woodlands to Changi...

All in all.....very good and very enjoyable....

PS: 1st time at Warren...

Thanks....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Executive Summary: Overall experiance = Great

Key Notes:
1. Very good course....if I may say, I thoroughly enjoy the game.
2. If not for my driver, my mid irons, my wedges and my putting, I would have been close to break 92.
3. 2nd shot to green on par4...hit near got bunker...hit over, also got bunker....try to hit on green...but ball flight not high enough...still roll fm bedok to Jurong..some say Tuas...
4. Check out the greens on most holes....at times, I prefer to not land on the 'valley of the green'.
5. Blue and White tee box sharing today..on most holes i think

Memorable holes: Started on #7 (par3)....walau...the pin was at the ' cliff'....putt liao.....and over..then lost in the valley...Also check out #18..today pin tucked in the right corner....walau...3 ON but at the wrong side...spent travelling on green fm Jurong to Woodlands to Changi...

All in all.....very good and very enjoyable....

PS: 1st time at Warren...

Thanks....

Good one, bro. Let's take your score card and submit it for the Charity tournament Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:56 pm

u played in the SSG MM??
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:35 pm

wow....

pre am b4 the tournament??? good one..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 pm

weesern wrote:
u played in the SSG MM??

Yeap.....virgin game with SSG.
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Warren Golf Course difficult to play due to pin placement and putting green slope .
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 pm

fabulous wrote:
Warren Golf Course difficult to play due to pin placement and putting green slope .

They call 'em keropok greens because of the unevenness Smile
Back to top Go down
J.B.Low
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
J.B.Low

Location : tengah airbase/ warren golf club/ anywhere the wind blows

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:34 pm

if anyone ever needs any advice on tackling the beast that is warren just hit me up! I'm there almost all the time, glad to take ya'll round! P.S greens get everyone the first time, the tricks just to find the low point and try to squeak it somewhere in that area, your best bet's the leave with the uphill shot.

short side yourself with our new and improved firm fast greens and its hello BIG numbers.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks...Bro JB, I m sure many will take up your offer ......let me quickly plan leave liao
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:28 pm

I will be playing on thursday 1pm with my friend.
Back to top Go down
Eltonjuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:45 pm

J.B.Low wrote:
if anyone ever needs any advice on tackling the beast that is warren just hit me up! I'm there almost all the time, glad to take ya'll round! P.S greens get everyone the first time, the tricks just to find the low point and try to squeak it somewhere in that area, your best bet's the leave with the uphill shot.

short side yourself with our new and improved firm fast greens and its hello BIG numbers.

Hi, hope to catch up with you there on wkends.
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:45 am

I had a game at warren teeing off from Blue last week

Had my worst 1st 9 holes of my year, mind you i did not lose any ball, so you can imagine the game i am playing.

Green Speed is 13 on that day. i had many many 3 putts, 1 4 putts and 1 5 putts.

Superd training ground, i heard all the SPGA testee all failed on that day.
Back to top Go down
smith
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Course is awesome! Had a game last Oct and the greens are true and fast....errmm make it extremely slick and SICK! OMG!!! WTF....13.6 feet at that time. I just had to try it out as my golf instructor at SICC compared it to PGA Masters as he played it at 14.2 during the SPGA Pro Event.

Last I played the course was early 2008 and the course was appalling. No one new the club was a sleeping giant. Hats off to Warren for waking up! Smile

Results of my game? Terrible 93 for a bloke who plays an ave of 79~84, played at blue tee....but I left with a smile on me faze Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:36 pm

not today leh, green was slow n bumpy, hollowing time....... think next 2 weeks then green will be true again......
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:04 pm

yeah i agree with slinger...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:08 pm

nice to meet u, good to know the face behind the nick......trust u enjoy your game
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:14 pm

me too.. but we hv no luck for the prices Crying or Very sad

but this was my 1st time playing in warren and i'm happy with my game.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:29 pm

hardrock wrote:

alamak, u need MT in your flight, the chicks lo......ve him, dollar in our pockets b4 we even swing
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Course was fantastic. Weather was even better! Thanks guys for the great game. Had excellent flight mates: HardRock, Rogy, Lamts!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:51 pm

The Chilli and Onion did the job.
Golf Punk day is always interesting.

Glad that your guys enjoy Warren.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:33 am

slinger wrote:
hardrock wrote:

alamak, u need MT in your flight, the chicks lo......ve him, dollar in our pockets b4 we even swing

pls dont say this kind of dangerous thing... later people might misunderstand that i do illegal things....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:33 am

my CSM told me long time ago......u can do whatever u want, just dun get caught
Back to top Go down
Eltonjuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:32 am

Wow...din know that there are a few WGCC members in this forum. if possible, we can play together if our schedules permit.

And yes, they did some patching up to the greens 2 weeks back...thus, putting is somewhat become difficult.

Hope to see you guys in WGCC.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:37 am

Not oni WGCC members. We even have 1 hot shot chairman of the greens. My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th   My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Day at Warren GCC @ 20th
Page 1 of 1