Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Warren at Fokestone

Go down 
+2
poresia
akhild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Old Warren at Fokestone Empty
PostSubject: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:16 am

Was passing by the old course the other day.
Any idea what is going to happen there? The grass still looks inviting.. I hope they can create a 9 hole there again..

or is the university town thing going to take over the whole area?
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Digging up old threads. Anyone played at old warren when it was alive?

Pic looks nice

Old Warren at Fokestone Medium_tgcc11
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:04 pm

I played there in my early golfing days when it was known as Transview golf club. I still have the car decal and a golf hat with the Transview logo. Never forget hole 5 par 5 where There s a huge tree in the middle of fairway n I misread the yardage stick and my ball flew over the fence after the green n landed in AYE!!!!
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Pic shd be hole 9.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:19 pm

poresia wrote:
I played there in my early golfing days when it was known as Transview golf club. I still have the car decal and a golf hat with the Transview logo. Never forget hole 5 par 5 where There s a huge tree in the middle of fairway n I misread the yardage stick and my ball flew over the fence after the green n landed in AYE!!!!

Wow, what a story to have. Thx for sharing..
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Yes, e course was memorable too, i was quite a beginner & PAR 4 had a 2nd shot on green wi a used 21deg wood of a brand never heard of but didnt make e birdie  lol!
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm

poresia wrote:

Over at AYE, your ball smashed a car's windscreen, which gave the driver a big shock and he braked suddenly, which resulted in the car behind him ramping his car butt and in turn, a massive chain of cars piled up against each other. My goodness, what a story to tell!
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:22 pm

momo...very drama le your story... haha... hopefully it didn't happen that way =P
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 pm

That's where I grew up golfing after green fairways.. I remember every hole like the back of my hand..still remember being like 10 and i had to use driver to reach all the par 3s(not that I did especially hole 8)

Good memories Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Warren at Fokestone   Old Warren at Fokestone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Warren at Fokestone
Page 1 of 1