Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

one of the few reasons i hate my job.

Go down 
+5
pushslice
sniffydog
Duval_S
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

one of the few reasons i hate my job. Empty
PostSubject: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:59 am

that i have to put up with crap like this.

one of the few reasons i hate my job. 5216409798_72464db9c4
and they call it by-catch?

one of the few reasons i hate my job. 5215824593_16957cba7f
you can see that the poor creatues were finned!!

Blardee murderers.

I do not condone consumption for sharkfin and myself has not been eating shark's fin since 1996. When the buying stops, the killing can too.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 am

That's f'd up, MC.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:11 am

also........when the 'shipping stops'. the killing has a chance to be stopped...... Peace
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:17 am

DS... i know that. that can only happen when i am the CEO.

now i am only a lowly manager. i do hold another CEO title; Chief Entertainment Officer.
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 am

they're all only baby sharks...cruel
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 am

MC, sorry for this academic question, what uses are the carcasses for?

Hoping that a vegetarian forumer does not post a pic of cows/chicken being slaughtered next. Coz I like my steak (not veal, only grown up cows) and my chicken rice. I dont eat shark meat.

The way people are killing each other and spoiling the earth today, maybe Klaatu may come soon. Who knows, maybe he would look like Keanu..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

shark meat is tough and hard to eat. according to my understanding,

but i also understand that due to recent culinary advancement, shark meat, if preferred rightly, it is a delectable dish.

nothing wrong with eating. it is just very wrong to overfish and killing inhumanely.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 am

As long as there is demand, this problem will continue. I hate to say this but the demand comes from our part of the world so we are to blame.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:50 am

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

but i also understand that due to recent culinary advancement, shark meat, if preferred rightly, it is a delectable dish.

nothing wrong with eating. it is just very wrong to overfish and killing inhumanely.

thats why I think the fault lies with the CHEFS!!! They should create delicious dishes which uses all part of the shark...then we don have such inhumane killing.

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:36 am

one of my favourite chef and food activist is Hugh Whittingstall who appears in the River Cottage series.

his theory is very simple and logical.

1. if you eat meat, make sure the animal had the best possible breeding - in as natural and conducive environment possible.

2. do not waste the animal and eat everything that you possibly can.

Sharksfin cultivated this way is really wasteful and disrespectful.

MC - i dont think its your job that you hate, you can choose what you bring them to eat or order.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Food for thought... No more sharksfin....ever...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Bro MC, at least you have a choice.

Mine does not; 'suck thumb' kind.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Actually mate, In NZ shark is (or Was) one of the main source of Fish n Chips, (or shark n taters as we know it) the meat is ok, however of the animal the only part we throw away was the fin.... why eat that...

My wife eats chicken feet, we never would...

The small fish in Nasi Lemak we use for bait to catch bigger fish, or feed to the cat....

Last night the meal included Shark Fin soup, I passed....

As an avid scuba diver I have dived with sharks many times, shame to see them like this....

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 pm

@ Bro SH, wait till you get to know the 'missing paw' dish.........remember the bears have paws........well........err....leave it to your imgination
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Duval_S wrote:
@ Bro SH, wait till you get to know the 'missing paw' dish.........remember the bears have paws........well........err....leave it to your imgination

I read that somewhere yesterday I think, strange habits people have...

When I was in Brunei my boss was chased by a Sun Bear while on his bicycle.... must be payback.... Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one of the few reasons i hate my job.   one of the few reasons i hate my job. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one of the few reasons i hate my job.
Page 1 of 1