Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....

Go down 
+6
golfjoy
sandkie
X-Man
Frederick
cristel
Duval_S
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... Empty
PostSubject: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:26 am

What a thing to start my morning....and just tot of sharing....

Quote :
Chinese driver ran over child four times

SHANGHAI - A 3-year-old boy in Xinyi of Xuzhou in East China's Jiangsu province died under the wheels of a BMW, which ran over the boy four times in less than 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 am

what is the rational??? 4 times to avoid what kind of compensation?????
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am

What I heard is that... in China. Pedestrians have priorities and if u are driving and u knock them down, they have the right to get medical compensation from you(especially if u rich) and it does not stop there. So I guess when one dies... The driver only compensates one time. It happens more often in the bigger and rich cities. Can anyone verify?
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:08 am

In China does it mean that if a victim survives an accident, he/she can claim for compensation but if the victim died, than the driver just gets fined?

This is sick.... Sad
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 am

sorry but... nabeh Mad ......... 3years old kid die because of such a f up rule?!?!?!?! Sad

No
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 am

I think she did not die because of the rule... but the driver...
Even such rule exist in Singapore, will you still run over the kids four times?
I don't think it is a rule issue..
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 am

Sorry if I sound BAD! But I just have to say this ...
If you see how some of people from that country behave ... it's not hard to believe.

Barbarian!!!!

Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:34 am

i seen i seen....

is pissing with their attitude and some of them still arrogant...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:01 pm

If you happen to be in their country and the police or any uniformed person tells you off regarding something, you better don't argue or you get arrested and disappear from the face of the earth. Sometime back when I was at the custom between HK and Shenzhen, I saw a Chinese family consisting of the parent and one kid. The soldier on guard duty tells the man to stop smoking and the guy ya ya answer back. The soldier just shout something and another soldier appeared. They then physically carried the man, despite his struggles and wife's pleading, into their office area and disappear from sight. What happened after that is anybodys guess. Moral of the story here? Don't ever argue with the uniform people there. You are not in Singapore whereby you complained to the nearest policeman, he/she will tell you this is not their duty. Go and complain to the relevant authorities. Around my estate, there is this cat lady from some other parts of Singapore who regularly brought foods like minced meat, dried cat food water in plastic containers and leave them all over around our estate. Complaints of the leftover food s which attracts filthy mice whose hair looks like dropping all over, cockroaches, flies, ants and whatever you can think of, to the NEA also brought no actions against her. I have taken photos of this lady opening her car boot laden with the food and told NEA I am willing to act as witnes for her prosecution also to no avail. Complaints to MP also no action taken . My neighbour also willing to be called upon as witness also could not get anywhere with the authorities. At one time when she was laying her food at the base of the tree trunk outside our apartment , a police patrol car happen to cruise by and I stopped it and they listen to my complaints and then what reply I got from the senior officer inside even though caught her red handed in the act, just said not their responsibility. Go report to NEA. LPPL. (Lam P.. P.. Lan) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for this rant ... Mad
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

they are always very good at taichi... from one department to another...
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodo

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Some years back, a man in Singapore reversed his car (needless to say a Merc) on a one way street (so actually moving against the allowed direction) and killed an old lady. After an initial trial when he was found guilty of causing death, the appeals court found both parties were equally guilty: driver negligent but pedestrian also shared responsibility for not paying attention on public road. The driver was fined and demerit points deducted for reversing on one way street, but otherwise let off. No compensation for the pedestrian's family. The difference here is this chinese driver was caught on video driving over someone 4 times, but the result is the same, death to an innocent. In the perspective of our law, it is just another traffic accident.

Sorry for the rant.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 pm

is that the same case where the driver is cheoing for a car park behind him and the judge mentioned that the lady should look both ways in a one way street.

one can say in a one way street, one should not expect a car to be reversing but another can say in a road, there should not be anyone crossing the street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....   something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something is just wrong ....car ran over kid 4 times to avoid compensation....
Page 1 of 1