Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers

Go down 
+4
shamusan
mysticsea
eiji
Maxie Tay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxie Tay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi. I own 2 TM drivers: CGB Max American Reg Flex 10.5 Deg and R7 425 Jap S flex 9.5 Deg. My swing speed is between 90-100 mph. Am swinging like hell but can't get it past 220 meters on my best day. I drive quite straight with slight fade. Am contemplating changing shaft flex to Jap flex R on both my drivers. Please recommend a custom fitter and custom shaft that can help increase my swing speed and distance. My target is 230-250 meters. I stand 1.73m tall, athletic and aged 40+.

Maxie
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi and welcome.

Visit a local clubfitter with a launch monitor, the fitter should be able to better advise you what flex, torque, kickpoint, etc etc you should be looking for and probably recommend some shafts while he is at it. with a launch monitor, you can also find out why you aren't able to hit it past 220m, sometimes it might your swing and not the shaft, some simple swing fix might garner you more distance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 pm

u can do custom fitting of tm drivers at its concept shop... cathay is one of them...
Back to top Go down
Maxie Tay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Hey thanks guys, that was quick! Will try to go back to Golf House and ask them.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 pm

eh, just my 2 cents worth, if you are strong and fit, perhaps a fitter like big fish at bukit merah would be better. i was fitted at cathay and they gave me a shaft that was standard on their R9 TP and it was a load of crap..
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 pm

if i am not wrong for your swing speed, your max distance (carry + roll) is around what u should be getting (just checking swing speed vs carry "charts" on the net), unless of course you are guessing ur swing speed then better go see a fitter to get proper reading.

I always guess my swing speed is in the low-mid 90s but looking at my distance across the board, its probably closer to mid 80s....until i go to a fitter, it will always be a guess only.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Previously went to a fitter and told him I wanted distance with my driver with little or no compromise to dispersion.... was fitted a stiff shaft of 57g .. Played better but still no distance increased...

Recently fitted in OCC and was happy that I gained some 10 to 20 m , depending my drive of the day, with much better accuracy... Played few weeks on course and went back to there to re-confirm my driver stats with the launch monitor.. Must admit quite happy to have known more about my drive and being fitted a more lethal driver by Ivan.. Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers Icon_wink

My advice is that , try to find a place that allows you to try different shafts on the spot and get your drive monitored by software.. I prefer to have it tried out in the range and it happened that OCC BFG had it. The stats from the software will assist you greatly with your feel of the drive on the spot..

Happy fitting.... Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers Icon_cheers , I enjoyed the process of it as well as the final product.....
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 pm

yes i do agree, i enjoy getting fitted so much that now i look for things to buy just so i can fit them... haha
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 am

shamusan wrote:
yes i do agree, i enjoy getting fitted so much that now i look for things to buy just so i can fit them... haha

I think go to a tailor will save you some space and money then keeping equipment to get fitted
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 am

weesern wrote:
shamusan wrote:

I think go to a tailor will save you some space and money then keeping equipment to get fitted

what is your point??? i don't get you???
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 am

I think he means go to a tailor to sew your pockets... Like this you wouldn't keep spending money
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am

ahh i see... well, thanks jon... but its still fun to buy new things now and then...
Back to top Go down
Maxie Tay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks guys. Will check out Big Fish first. They have a place at Bukit Merah and OCC. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers   Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Shaft for Taylor Made Drivers
Page 1 of 1