Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver

Go down 
+7
TigaWood
Ssquirrel
JonL_TK
DGman
kian
senmin
kanweijin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kanweijin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   Empty
PostSubject: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading about how these Krank drivers have been winning most of the long drivers competitions in the US, and am curious if anyone has actually used/tested the driver, esp. the Krank rage driver.

Appreciate any reviews.

Regards,
Jin[img][/img]Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   6713454615_da117c1e2a
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Many friends of the forum r using it.

Got mine several months ago and it is pretty cool
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:46 pm

coach tendy is using it.....tink he won the senior long drive competition with it last year or somethg....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:23 pm

i say this to every one we fit with a Krank...

you will go to place you never been before. sometimes its length you never been before, sometimes its fairway you never been before, sometimes its just after the white tee and way before the red tee.

however for the competent player, this driver is long.

we will be offering this with the BFG 5 series at $480 for a limited period only. Please check with FrostEE at 64712272 for stocks and loft available.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:29 pm

DGMan... Been wondering about where the distance comes from this driver?

1. Is the face thinner to allow more trampoline effect?
2. Is the face the same thickness as normal drivers? It being R&A approved.
3. Is the face thicker? Like those for them Long Drivers?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:46 pm

the answer is in the unique T shape enforcement stretching from the crown to the sole. its a very neutral drive and the face angle is adjusted to the loft. eg 7.5 degree is more open than a 9.5. because of the T shape crown and sole design, the impact feels like a hot rod on a salt pan.

however one needs to be able to hit this baby to get maximum results and its not the driver for someone who do not finish his swing. its conforming to the COR required by the R&A and USGA.

the face is no thicker than required but the face has a reputation of buckling in when not hit properly or smash at the wrong places. its a monster but is not harsh when contacted well.

i say again, it will bring you to places you never been before.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

DGman wrote:
the impact feels like a hot rod on a salt pan.

DGman
Boss, england no good leh, got other more local analogy?
But then again, I also no understand "$10 carrot cake at Peach Garden or $1.50 carrot cake at Hawker centre" analogy albino
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

when you flush the driver, you will feel what its like....otherwise, stay with your 180 meters driver.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 am

Does it work for softy like me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:48 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
DGman wrote:
the impact feels like a hot rod on a salt pan.

DGman
Boss, england no good leh, got other more local analogy?
But then again, I also no understand "$10 carrot cake at Peach Garden or $1.50 carrot cake at Hawker centre" analogy albino

hey, maybe you could meet me at the usual spot tomorrow??

i'm getting a salt pan and a well heated rod, and i'm gonna put the hot rod on a salt pan just to see what it feels like. u wanna join me?

also, if u don't understand the carrot cake analogy, maybe u should go starbucks buy a 6.50 carrot cake. i heard girls like it.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 am

that one different cake leh.
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 am

had try one of the teaching pro krank driver .shaft with x shaft 47 inches black head . Overall the distance is gd maybe the shaft too stif for me .the face of head abit hard .to me look more to the retro cubic balance driver .Things like ..distance .things dont like .Satan as a logo .
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

now market got so many cake.
make me confused
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 am

billi wrote:
had try one of the teaching pro krank driver .shaft with x shaft 47 inches black head . Overall the distance is gd maybe the shaft too stif for me .the face of head abit hard .to me look more to the retro cubic balance driver .Things like ..distance .things dont like .Satan as a logo .

did u type this whilst being possessed by the devil?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:03 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Suspicious wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

make me confused

its actually interesting how even Politicians use local food for analogies.

Bar Chor mee mai ter kwa.
Mee Siam mai hum.
Now even carrot cake from Peach Garden...

I wonder when the Custard Pau from Red Star will makes it debut comparing it with Nei Huang Pau from HKG....
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Suspicious wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

make me confused

its actually interesting how even Politicians use local food for analogies.

Bar Chor mee mai ter kwa.
Mee Siam mai hum.
Now even carrot cake from Peach Garden...

I wonder when the Custard Pau from Red Star will makes it debut comparing it with Nei Huang Pau from HKG....

u will make a good parliamentary speechwriter...

ever considered a 2nd career?? apart from your current ASK role...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:31 am

I am actually considering a 3rd career.

2nd career being an environmentalist is not very financially rewarding but its a calling that I took up and I consider it a privilege to be fighting for the sharks, dolphins and whales who needs our help.

Perhaps my 2nd career is preparing me for my 3rd....
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
I am actually considering a 3rd career.

2nd career being an environmentalist is not very financially rewarding but its a calling that I took up and I consider it a privilege to be fighting for the sharks, dolphins and whales who needs our help.

Perhaps my 2nd career is preparing me for my 3rd....

this type of reply always asking for a question...

so.................

What is the 3rd?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:40 am

i saw an episode on 1000 ways to die and there was a tree hugger who chained himself to a tree to save it from the loggers. he was eaten alive by a hungry bear and he can't run cos he was chained to the tree that he was trying to save.

he die because he was so one track....when i saw that episode, it reminded me of someone i know who is also very one track. he is also refer to as the tree-hugger.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 am

DGman wrote:
i saw an episode on 1000 ways to die and there was a tree hugger who chained himself to a tree to save it from the loggers. he was eaten alive by a hungry bear and he can't run cos he was chained to the tree that he was trying to save.

he die because he was so one track....when i saw that episode, it reminded me of someone i know who is also very one track. he is also refer to as the tree-hugger.

DGman

the only tree he will be hugging will be the ones at keppel when they are demolished to make way for more $2000/psf condom developments....

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 pm

@mt i thought u were suggesting that i take up a parliamentary speech write as a 3rd job. this is so confusing. perhaps i am misunderstood. ah. again. another quality important for a gahmen servant. always misunderstood.

@Master, Its kinda hard to think about another track when I did not manage to breakthrough on that one track that I am already on.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

thats because you also walk behind someone in a single file.

try getting off the beaten track once in a while....... like eating sharks meat and hugging your love ones instead.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I just had my taste of Teochew Shark Meat the other day. The after-taste really stays in ones' mouth for days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver    Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of Krank drivers - much touted Long Drivers' choice driver
Page 1 of 1