Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)

Go down 
+2
Tituman
rocky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) Empty
PostSubject: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 am

This review is for the ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)
(Reviewed on 1st February 2010 by Rocky)

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) ACECompression18

Company Info
One Putt Enterprise is a distributor of sports related products, in Asia Pacific markets. Their mission is to equip people with products to achieve greater satisfaction from their sporting activities. Office Address: Blk 163, #03-3561, Bukit Merah Central, Singapore 150163.

Their website link is http://www.oneputt.com.sg

A quick search on ACE compression garments on the World Wide Web returned little information pertaining to the company. According to OnePutt, the product is very new and only about 2 months old.

First impressions
The size of the garment is based on the chest size. Unlike the common misconception, the size is measured from under the armpit, rather than from the biggest part of the chest. The fit of the garment is tight around the chest areas, but felt rather loose around the shoulders and arms. The collar was also a little too tight for my liking. I felt slightly strangled initially. After some stretching, the collars did feel a little bit better.

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) ACECompression15

Cooling effects
Throughout the 18 holes, there was little "cooling effect" felt from the garment. The only time that the cooling effect was felt was after I arrived at the locker room. Under the air-conditioning, the garment did indeed feel alot cooler.

Feeling of Fatigue
Having worn other competiting brands of compression garment products, the level of fatigue felt after the game was significantly stronger. Although it must be mentioned that it is still better than not wearing a compression garment at all.

UV protection
The UV protection was good. As per other competiting sports compression garment products, UPF50+ has become a defacto standard for UV protection. Regular golfers should always wear sufficient UV protection, be it in the form of garments or sun block. This is to guard themselves against the harmful UV rays that lead to numerous skin problems.

Aesthetics
The only colour available is black.

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) ACECompression17

Threading / manufacturing quality
The threading on the product is a concern. I did notice on some garments that the threading were rather loose and even some were coming off. As such, durability of the product might be an issue but at the time of writing, this aspect of the product cannot be accurately determined.

Washing instructions and garment care
One of the biggest concern as a consumer is garment care. Having never heard of this product, one would think that it would wash like any other ordinary garment. That is entirely wrong. The first wash of this garment is extremely important.

After purchase of this product, the first thing that the consumer must do is to wash it in cold water. The water will immediately turn into a light reddish brown. This is due to the treatment performed on the garment itself. It should be highlighted that the salesperson did advise NOT to wear the garment straight out from the bag as it will cause some stains, especially on white shirts. Indeed, the reddish stains did appear on my white shirt after my game, even though I did wash the ACE garment as per instructions. However the stains came off after a wash with some washing detergent.

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) ACECompression11

However, I think that these important details could have been taken care at the manufacturing end. The garment could have been washed before it reaches the consumers.

Another aspect that might be worth consideration is the anti-bacterial characteristics of this garment. It was advised that the garment not be washed with detergents and that the garment has anti-bacterial characteristics. What this meant was that the garment can be worn time after time without washing. Well, for those who have followed my posts previously, I did ask a poll on how often one washed their compression garments and the response was after every round. This may be psychologically unacceptable for many people. It was advised that the garment be washed under cold water and left to dry.

Warranty
As far as warranty is concerned, the distributors have indicated that they shall respond on a case-to-case basis.

Skin irritation
Personally, I did not feel any skin irritation. That is perhaps I am used to wearing similar compression garment products. However, I did hear of some golfers who experienced some irritation after wearing the product. Hopefully they could advise more.

Value for money and product differentiation
ACE compression garments are definitely worth the money. In comparison to a competiting brand, they retail at more than half the price at $79. The resulting muscle recovery, UV protection and moisture management features are rather similar, and therefore does come as a strong contender in this niche market. Overall, whether you are one looking for an affordable solution for muscle recuperation, UV protection or just want to look good, ACE compression garments will be a good choice.

Aesthetics: ****
Muscle Recovery: ***
Value for money: *****
UV Protection: ****
Support/Warranty: **
Overall: ***1/2

Credits
Thank you to the great people from OnePutt (Bryan, Brenda) and Michael (Golfman). It was a great opportunity to work with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 am

I have bought the SKINs chrome which is more than double the price of ACE. However currently BFG is giving discounts on SKINS at 20 % whilst stocks last. I have also bought another brand of a similar Compression Sportswear from Korea and which is half the price of ACE. I find the various aspects of the garment rather similar to your review and thus suspect this garment must have come from the same country of manufacture. For the SKINS you can find the compression on the arm is just as tight as the body (perfect) but still a bit too overpriced, but for this Korean products, the arms are not as compressed as the SKINS though the chest area is comparative to the SKINS, like Rocky mentioned above. Otherwise, it serves quite the same purpose.
Note: this is just a heads up that there are various choices to be made. If price is not an issue, then SKINS for brand as well is the top choice. But if price do plays a part in your decision, then there are other choices for you to consider. This Korean stuff serves its purpose sufficiently enough, though not as perfect as SKINs, but like I said, it does serves enough compression to the chest area and as regards to the arm, it is skin tight but do not have the compression in comparison to SKINS. But at that price, it is worth its weight in gold. JMHO

Titu
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Anyone tried Linebreak before? UK brand.. long sleeves cost about $115.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Tituman: Thanks for reading.

You are right to say that compression around the arms are not as tight as those of SKINs. According to the agent these made in China. I think they are different from the Korean made that you have mentioned. The agent also told me it's a new product, approximately 2 months old.

You are indeed correct when you say that there are other options other than Skins. I suppose there is a market for these products. For SKINS to increase prices at such a time leaves me questioning their intentions. It could be due to Transview taking over the distributorship, I do not know for sure.

If you could post a review on your Korean mades, it would be great. I would really like to see what kind of competing products are in the market.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Not at all, mate. I have never heard of them. Are they for rollerblading? They sound like they are for some roller blading brand. Would you be able to provide more information about Linebreak?

Cheers

nrafee wrote:
Anyone tried Linebreak before? UK brand.. long sleeves cost about $115.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Rocky,
more info on linebreak
http://www.linebreak.com.au/

there are local distributor too!

http://fitlion.com/linebreak
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks nrafee. Will check them out.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 am

Have a fast look at linebreak from the above website.

Seems that there is no UV protection in it as nothing is mentioned. Guess, it is impt to have UV protection coz playing in these our region is really hot.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 pm

HillGreen: agree with you on the UV protection. I'd suppose Linebreak need to state their UV ratings.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 pm

To Everyone,

Thank you for reading my review.

I have been informed by the distributor that the 6257 1519 stated is a fax number.

For sales enquiries, please contact Brenda at 9815 8028.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
tksoh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
tksoh

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:17 pm

The Oneputt company has a booth at the U-games at East Coast Futsal court today and tomorrow.

I got the white long sleeves pro series (whitestitching and grey wording) at a good price. RRP $89 and they selling $71 (for NTUC union members) at the booth today and tomorrow.

I have been using the SKINS half tights and SKINS sleeves and I thought the ACE compression quite value for money after wearing them today around for few hours.

I have no relations with the company... just thought of sharing info Smile
Back to top Go down
Fore-Fore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Fore-Fore

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Anyone heard of Korean brand compression shirt by the name of superfeaturing? Any reviews? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Deleted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)   Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)
Page 1 of 1