Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.

Go down 
+11
ping golfer
mengteck71
DGman
hkhamateur
grooveballer
asahi
ron81
glespaul
beehome
Duval_S
acidic88
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. Empty
PostSubject: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the den practicing my putting. While taking a break, saw a plain looking fairway wood with a TourAD shaft. Out of curiosity, I decided to hit a few balls with it. Wow.. the feel is great! From Trackman, ball flight and direction is good. I am pleasantly surprised cos its stiff flex (I use regular). Decided to have another few swing with it. Dispersion is decent. A Kaki commented "this wood is aim and shoot". So I took the plunge on Saturday and got myself fitted with the Callaway Razr Hawk 5 Wood and TourAD SF-6 (SR Flex).

Review from range. Definitely longer than those fairway woods which I had tried at the range. It is <10m shorter than my 910F which is 15*. Ball flight is penetrating and slightly on the high side. What I like most is the look at address. Once I placed it down, pleasing to my eye and confident. Fully understood the meaning of "Aim and shoot". Off center hits are decent so it is forgiving. Needs to get used to the sound though. Here are some pics (sorry, too happy hitting shots and forgot to take a photo at address). Thanks to DGman, I have a great weapon in the bag.

A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. RazrHawk
A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. TourAD_SF
A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. ZCord_Grip
A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. Hawk_FW
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Wah!!!!! Great acquisition

Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm

beauty!
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 am

Have try this wood at the den must say is very forgiving much better then my RBZ, even my old R9 wood feel much more forgiving then this RBZ. I HATE RBZ heehee!!
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 am

This really feels great. Out of so many woods I ever tried, hardly find one to replace my trusted Titty 904, until that day I gave a try at the den, wow...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 am

This combo is very lethal in terms of dispersion and ease of hitting.

Thanks to Jon_TLk, Eiji and DGman for my latest WMD.

Another set of new acquisitions and my new bag will be complete.

Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 am

Very nice indeed! Now I'm very tempted!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:58 am

Wow...nicz new wood, bro. Smile
So when u decided fr another upgrade later, put me in yr waitg list k. Kam sia! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:42 am

asahi wrote:
This combo is very lethal in terms of dispersion and ease of hitting.

Thanks to Jon_TLk, Eiji and DGman for my latest WMD.

Another set of new acquisitions and my new bag will be complete.

you are not getting your cog!! but there again, you never know till you try...still waiting for the picture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 am

Nice grip. What is this grip called? How is the feel?
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Bro MT, the grip is the new range from Golf Pride called "Z-grip cord". I have used BCT and find them too rough for me. Switched to VDR which is really nice and soft. I gave this grip a try cos I like the looks alot. Very Happy Also, I perspire easily but wanna avoid BCT roughness. Very good balance between the amount of grip and softness. Not for those who like tacky sticky grips I guess. Now thinking of changing all my grips to this Z-grip cord.
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Bro hkamateur, this club will be in the bag for quite a while.. hope you have the patience..
Now I'm thinking if I should be getting the 3 wood.. but on another note, I'd better get my hybrids to complete my new setup first..
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi all, I tried out this beast at the Den, averaging 190m with a 5W, cannot believe it myself. Great shaft and head combo, 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I love my fairway wood too at the range or trackman when it's always a flat lie, no rough, no fear of hooking it 40m to the left or slicing it 70m to the right, no fear of duffing, no fear of topping.. Yep, i bet everyone loves their woods at the range or indoors.. Smile

It's a whole other story when you're on a downslope, ball below feet, in the semi rough, on a wet muggy day and the last hole is a Par 5 and you gotta get it on from 210m just to assure a 2 putt par to play 89.

If you love your fairway wood in scenario no. 2 above, THEN it will be in the bag for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Does BigFish carry Z-grip Cords?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 pm

mengteck71 wrote:

i thot you saw it when you sneak in yesterday.....
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
I love my fairway wood too at the range or trackman when it's always a flat lie, no rough, no fear of hooking it 40m to the left or slicing it 70m to the right, no fear of duffing, no fear of topping.. Yep, i bet everyone loves their woods at the range or indoors.. Smile

It's a whole other story when you're on a downslope, ball below feet, in the semi rough, on a wet muggy day and the last hole is a Par 5 and you gotta get it on from 210m just to assure a 2 putt par to play 89.

If you love your fairway wood in scenario no. 2 above, THEN it will be in the bag for quite a while.

+1
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:20 am

DGman wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

i thot you saw it when you sneak in yesterday.....

It wasnt me that u saw hor .. Kekeke
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 am

MT.....your unbranded X marks the spot 3 wood is ready......you can ask your altered ego to come and collect...Z-grips on the 3 wood?

great that you are venturing into other brands as well instead of just the tick.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 am

Unbranded?! kekekeke.

Welcome to the club, MT!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 am

he is not in the same club as you but the same as Rex.....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 am

nobody wanna join PCC Club?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 am

DGman wrote:
he is not in the same club as you but the same as Rex.....

affraid affraid affraid

Fierce!
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am

Y , Y , Y, damn good..lol...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Cant play golf so play badminton lor Smile.. Sssshhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.   A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A simple fairway wood review.. my black bird.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next