Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review

Go down 
+34
loserjo
HitSoft
Vinny
musashi75
pocketace
18underPar
babolat
diveheck
snagy23
pReTeNd3r
ljlow
Derek
bogeyman72
Miyaki
slinger
TourSwing
Quest
asahi
michaelcheah
mtheseira
EastCoastHack
krone
h0ok_fighter
mengteck71
Turbo
NikeN
DGman
scottycollector
Technospaz
enwee
Shwong2003
Birdman
Tokkokking
kevlee69
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review Empty
PostSubject: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Going to post my little review on the above. Have never been able to hit my fairway woods reliably and been through a couple of brands and finally gave up hitting them and stocked my bag with hybrids instead.

Problem is, my 3 hybrid can only go to 170-180m and I cannot lauch a 2 hydrid reliably. I needed clubs to fill my gap from 180 to 200m, especially the long par 4s at OCC. So I have been toying with the idea of getting a fairway wood for a long time but the phobia of not being able to hit it reliably has always stopped me.

Read some reviews on the Callaway X-Hot fairways and decided on the spur of the moment to go get one. Got myself the 3 wood and brought it straight to the course. No testing at the range or at the shop (bought it from Golfdirect).

It was a revelation. Fantastic off the tee and off the deck. Straight as an arrow almost every time and on off-centre hits, a manageable pull in my case. Great look at address and the gun-metal grey head does it for me. I like the size, not too big and yet not to small to inspire confidence. Consistently hitting it 190-200m. Was so happy with it I went out to get the 5 wood. Have used both for couple of games now and am convinced it is definitely a great club and not just the "new club syndrome" where you hit well for one game and it goes downhill after that. One thing to note is that I think you should have a reasonable swing speed to launch this (stock Project X Velocity shaft). My playing buddy who has a slower swing speed cannot launch this. My set is now complete and I am a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Tokkokking
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Congratulations bro!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Congratulations indeed Kev. Thanks for sharing your story.

Very fortunate of you to find your magic wand (in this case, two) on your first foray for fairway woods. You struck gold.

May they bring you much satisfaction and lower scores. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shwong2003
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I heard good things about the X-hot Fairway Woods. However, I never had a chance to try it out. Now with such an independent and positive review, I think it is time I give it a shot. Thanks for the review.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Shwong2003 wrote:
I heard good things about the X-hot Fairway Woods. However, I never had a chance to try it out. Now with such an independent and positive review, I think it is time I give it a shot. Thanks for the review.
Go to den and try the one.....it's WOW....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Good and simple review. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:40 pm

i like that u mentioned the 'new club syndrome'. at least i know i'm not alone on this.

i seem to always play a new club damn well the first time on the course, then as time progresses, the magic simply fades away

i never quite figured out why that happens. Anyone has an answer???
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Shwong2003 wrote:

with a Tour AD SF shaft in there.....mmhh......i believe enwee has that in his fw too....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:06 pm

scottycollector wrote:
i like that u mentioned the 'new club syndrome'. at least i know i'm not alone on this.

i seem to always play a new club damn well the first time on the course, then as time progresses, the magic simply fades away

Errr... when using new club, you probably will focus on your swing. After get used to it, you will focus on distance??? lol!
i guess that whats happen to me! White Flag
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:23 pm

NikeN wrote:
scottycollector wrote:

Errr... when using new club, you probably will focus on your swing. After get used to it, you will focus on distance??? lol!

There is a saying ... New Broom Sweeps Well ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Hope the magic lasts ! So far so good...keeping fingers crossed.

Turbo wrote:
NikeN wrote:
scottycollector wrote:

There is a saying ... New Broom Sweeps Well ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 pm

so so tempting.. unfortunately my Yonex is still serving me well.. lucky can save abit of $$..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 pm

DGman wrote:
Shwong2003 wrote:

with a Tour AD SF shaft in there.....mmhh......i believe enwee has that in his fw too....

It's DI not SF also it's an antique yamaha head........but the Xhot with SF, it's OMG.........strongly advice weak in will people not to touch it.
Back to top Go down
h0ok_fighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
h0ok_fighter

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:22 am

Letting mine go to a bro who wishes to give this a go. Stock shaft stiff, x hot, fairway 3. Looking at $220 to part with this 2 month old beauty.

Sorry to hi-jack!

PM or whatsapp me at 98345554

Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 am

h0ok_fighter wrote:
Letting mine go to a bro who wishes to give this a go. Stock shaft stiff, x hot, fairway 3. Looking at $220 to part with this 2 month old beauty.

Sorry to hi-jack!

PM or whatsapp me at 98345554

Tried the x-got 4 hybrid. Couldn't really get it to launch at the range but was awesome on the golf course surprisingly
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:45 am

krone wrote:

Tried the x-got 4 hybrid. Couldn't really get it to launch at the range but was awesome on the golf course surprisingly

Anybody know why?
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:32 am

The X-Hot FW gets 5 stars from the Golf WRX team in a review released yesterday:

http://www.golfwrx.com/97868/callaway-x-hot-fairway-woods-editor-review/

I've had one in my bag for a few rounds now and I love it. It replaced a CG Black FW which replaced a Razr X Black FW. I finally have a FW I can hit! Mostly.

Back to top Go down
mtheseira
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:41 pm

got to try this out soon, using a diablo octane FW now
Back to top Go down
michaelcheah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michaelcheah

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:31 am

this is a good club ... tried it and bought it on the spot Wink
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:00 am

any demo to borrow? Smile worry once tried will have to drop the Yonex.. Sad
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:03 am

Dun try, regret forever.

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:06 am

orh..good advice.. Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:40 am

asahi wrote:
Dun try, regret forever.

+1....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:59 am

mengteck71 wrote:
orh..good advice.. Smile

you have one day to try out mine.....which is on a Tour Ad SF. but you need to return it on sat latest cos i need this for dinner in Bangkok.....

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review 8558838897_d14e1e8c38_z
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:49 am

DGman wrote:

you have one day to try out mine.....which is on a Tour Ad SF. but you need to return it on sat latest cos i need this for dinner in Bangkok.....

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review 8558838897_d14e1e8c38_z

Can buy your FW and irons and golf bag? Friendship price?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next