Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review

Go down 
+34
loserjo
HitSoft
Vinny
musashi75
pocketace
18underPar
babolat
diveheck
snagy23
pReTeNd3r
ljlow
Derek
bogeyman72
Miyaki
slinger
TourSwing
Quest
asahi
michaelcheah
mtheseira
EastCoastHack
krone
h0ok_fighter
mengteck71
Turbo
NikeN
DGman
scottycollector
Technospaz
enwee
Shwong2003
Birdman
Tokkokking
kevlee69
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:42 pm

my god... 314 yrds for a wood!!
Back to top Go down
Miyaki
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Miyaki

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:43 pm

wow..314..i will be glad if i can achieve 220...
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:23 am

Holy smoke.....how can to hit that kind of distance with a 3W?!?!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:20 pm

one of our Team 18 members recently bought the callaway x hot 3 DEEP (which is basically the retail version of phil's "phrankenwood") ... he was playing a pretty old nike sasquatch sq 3 wood - he hit that pretty good and got about 220 yards average off the tee, after picking up a x hot 3 deep, he gained about 15 - 20 yards and averaged around 235 - 240 yards.

it's a great club, the most noticeable thing for him was that the ball came out a lot hotter off the club face and of course, it was more forgiving as the technology in golf clubs has improved over the years. it is as advertised!! a great club!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm

if you folks recall, couple of seasons back, TM had their tour staff do a promo video when they whack their then latest rbz woods

i think the likes of Dustin Johnson, Jason Day, etc smoked their rbz over 300yards too
then TM followed up with a '17 yards' campaign

my point is these guys on tour are so good with their swing and impact, so not surprising. how will we mortals fare? the whole idea is to entice you to buy and try.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Anyway, I think there is a demo day coming up on Nov 16 at occ.
Guess most panwest stuffs will be available for trying.
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm

The callaway xhot fairway woods are physically longer for the global spec. Having said that, I like it and bought the 3 and 5 not long ago.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:12 pm

I remember the RBZ, I tried it, not convinced ... suspect it is because I don't swing fast or well enough to gain anything from the speed slot ... another reason might be I did not feel comfortable with the overall weight and balance of the club

I don't have a fast swing speed, but I am not exactly that slow either, so I really wonder how many people can really benefit from the RBZ

For the X-hot FW (standard global spec in S Flex), the 5 woods suits me better than any other FW I have ever tried.  It is not that it is that much longer ... in any case I don't hit my 5 wood consistently enough to know how far it acutally goes ... I love it because even the mishits and FAT shots seem to go a decent distance, and the dispersion is much tigher than any other wood I have ever hit.  Don't know if it is the head, the shaft, both, either .... but after 4 years and trying out many woods (borrowed, demo day, purchased ...) I am happy.

So happy that I bought the 3 wood (mainly to use as alternative tee off club) in the hope that I might be able to hit it off the deck as well.  I couldn't.  No real surprises there (I have never been able to use a 3 wood off the deck) but I was surprised that the 3 and the 5 wood actually feel very different in terms of weight and balance (specifically coming into impac).  Perhaps the dimensions of the 5 wood is the limit of what I can handle at my skill level

Thankfully, off the tee, for some strange reason, it feels similar to the 5 wood when swinging (maybe my whole setup is F**KED) so it works pretty ok.  However, I have only used it 3 times on the course, so will experiment this saturday with it.

Like all clubs, there are are no silver bullets or magic arrows for everyone, but the X-Hot 5 wood was a magic arrow for me, and it is nice that after searching for a 5 wood for 2 years, I finally found one that I am very happy with.

Guess what I am saying is, Take the time to go to demo days and try all kinds of woods, it might take time but eventually (hopefully) you will stumble onto something that suits you ...

P.S. If you plan to use a FW off the deck, most social golfers are going to get better average distance from a 5 wood (18-19deg) compared to a 3 wood.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 pm

P.S. If you plan to use a FW off the deck, most social golfers are going to get better average distance from a 5 wood (18-19deg) compared to a 3 wood.

Bro, so v wrong ~ you have yet to try the J Spec 3 wood. I recently stumbled upon this piece of WMD and bit the bullet in committing a purchase. Low and behold, I did not look back nor entertain any second thought if the price tag justify the purchase. 

Agreed that ball flight dispersion is a lot tighter, distance definitely increased + it's a no brainer to launch off the deck. Blee's only complain was that the club felt slightly heavy.......
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 pm

You cannot go wrong with the X-Hot woods, especially the no.5.

Regretted selling mine.....had a hard time looking for a replacement.

But now I have it! woohoo!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 am

I know there is one in the Den, tempted to stunk it for my wife Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 am

That one in good weight for your wifey

tour AD SF 5. 

Ho eh!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 pm

i already using AD SF 5. Think wife need lighter lar.. if not  i lose face.. lol
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 pm

i think hitting off the grass/turf always feels much easier than off the mat. shame and a pity singapore lacks grass range facilities aside from sentosa
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:18 pm

All star at turf city provide turf range as well. There r pro v balls too
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:51 am

Anyone want to sell please PM me.
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Ever since I use x hot 3 wood, I hardly use my driver anymore.Or rather keep at my home hehe!my best wood ever
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Vinny wrote:

Bro, so v wrong ~ you have yet to try the J Spec 3 wood. I recently stumbled upon this piece of WMD and bit the bullet in committing a purchase. Low and behold, I did not look back nor entertain any second thought if the price tag justify the purchase. 

Agreed that ball flight dispersion is a lot tighter, distance definitely increased + it's a no brainer to launch off the deck. Blee's only complain was that the club felt slightly heavy.......
I used to be on maruman Shuttle A 3FW and 5FW, both SR shafts.
Until DGman advised me to get them changed as these FWs will mess up my swing.

I went on to try the xhot FWs, the Global and Asian specs. Global spec gives me a whole lot more consistency. But when I engage the Asian spec, it's about 10' longer than the latter. But I tend to hook the shots.

So ended up with stuff shafts for both my Asian specs 3 and 5 FW.
Loving them......from the tees to the fairways.
Back to top Go down
dennischia
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Just curious, why would the maruman shuttle mess up the swing?
Back to top Go down
kleinphua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Btw guys, pan-west having 50% off on all x hot FW and drivers. 
So good to grab if you always wanted one. 

They are also having a clear out sale on the legacy black woods. Not sure how is it compared to the xhot.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 am

dennischia wrote:
Just curious, why would the maruman shuttle mess up the swing?
I also don't know.
I think the swing weight may be way too light...
The shaft is only 43gm if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:06 am

kleinphua wrote:
Btw guys, pan-west having 50% off on all x hot FW and drivers. 
So good to grab if you always wanted one. 

They are also having a clear out sale on the legacy black woods. Not sure how is it compared to the xhot.
I normally will go JCC or OCC to try out the demo clubs.
Try them to get the feel, flight and consistency.
They are clearing the old models for xhot2 an fed new legacy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review   Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway X-Hot Fairway Review
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3