Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waterproof Golf Bag?

Go down 
+3
Uncle Lau
Lamts18
zephyr_bloom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

Waterproof Golf Bag? Empty
PostSubject: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 am

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has tried "water-proofing" his/her golf bag, specifically those leather, syn leather or PU types? Can share your experience? Understand in Japan some shops do offer to apply coats on the bags to maintain them in mint condition and for dirt to come off easily. I'm inclined to try something similar out because my bag is white... Razz

Happy National Day in advance! flower
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 am

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has tried "water-proofing" his/her golf bag, specifically those leather, syn leather or PU types? Can share your experience? Understand in Japan some shops do offer to apply coats on the bags to maintain them in mint condition and for dirt to come off easily. I'm inclined to try something similar out because my bag is white... Razz

Hmmmm.. this sounds interesting... most of us use a separate nylon cover to cover the whole bag when it rains and these are cheaper... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:15 pm

For me, if my golf bag is wet from rain or after a swim in the course pond....i would have my maid wash and dry my golf bag instead of washing my golf bag every 6 months. Very Happy

White color bag is nice but difficult to keep clean. If i have a white golf bag, i would have to clean it even it not raining.

There are in the market 3M products that sprays waterproof coating on any surface and keep them waterproof.

Bag is cheap, do change every few years, i have a fav Kasco bag which i like it alot. Now this bag only sits in my sitting room and house my umbrellas

Cheers !

Beer
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:02 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Hi,

hi zephyr, when i was in the army, i was a kilat soldier, so i used to use a spray to waterproof my bag.. i believe u can get it at most hardware stores and also the army market... costs less than 10 bucks for a can.. u spray 3 or 4 coats, and your bag will be waterproof... any water will just bead up and slide off the bag...

FYI, the spray didn't have any adverse effect on the quality of the cloth etc, but it faded after awhile, but that could be due to the rough use that my army bag was subject to.. but the thing is just to keep respraying the thing..

perhaps u could try this out and tell us if it works?? for me i'm too lazy to spray my golf bag.. haha.. cheers...
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Eh Kilat soldier, help me kiwi my boots and wash my New Balance shoes leh...

i got ICT and IPPT coming up....

Lai Leh.... Smile
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:44 pm

ok lah ralph, when u want? i just pass my ippt 2 days ago.. sibei heng ah.. haha...
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:46 pm

now that you are back.... we need to play keppel soon...

sian man, need to go running this evening and jump jump a bit... all the golf swings has made my jumping weak... jialat...
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 pm

waiting for u to go only leh.. haha.. whenever you are free...

anyway the jumping is damn jialat man.. especially now i am jumping with so many extra KGs.. hahaa..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:01 pm

I think using a nylon bag to cover the golf bag does the trick. Anything more is a little too fancy Smile
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the sharing Very Happy

Will be getting the "tried-and-tested" nylon cover. Tried to look for it at isetan last night but to no avail. Could only find a travel case. Will go hunt for it at far east later.

Really want to protect my this golf bag (fell in love with it at 1st sight) and coupled with the fact that I'm quite a finicky person, i'll apply waterproofing as "second layer of defence".. hahaha... Will do a trial on cheaper bag first of course... tongue

Thanks again...

P.S. Absolutely Fabulous Forum! Luv it...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:51 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
Hi All,

Will be getting the "tried-and-tested" nylon cover. Tried to look for it at isetan last night but to no avail. Could only find a travel case. Will go hunt for it at far east later.

Really want to protect my this golf bag (fell in love with it at 1st sight) and coupled with the fact that I'm quite a finicky person, i'll apply waterproofing as "second layer of defence".. hahaha... Will do a trial on cheaper bag first of course... tongue

Thanks again...

When you find it, please let me know. I've been trying to track one down myself. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Technospaz wrote:
zephyr_bloom wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks again...

When you find it, please let me know. I've been trying to track one down myself. Thanks Smile

what u guys could do is go to those mountaineering or hiking shops, and get a nylon cover for the haversacks.. those are usually large enough for a golf bag..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Good suggestion, MT.

Here's another one: Golf Republic Nylon Bag Covers Smile

In the interest of getting a head-start:

1. Technospaz Smile
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:09 pm

haha, not to be a wet blanket (pun not intended) techno, but i don't think this is gonna be a hotcake.. haha..

you guys are free to prove me wrong though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm

mervyntan wrote:
haha, not to be a wet blanket (pun not intended) techno, but i don't think this is gonna be a hotcake.. haha..

you guys are free to prove me wrong though! Very Happy

Haha. You may be right but then again.. anything is possible Smile
Back to top Go down
m0i
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
m0i

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:16 pm

When i ord, i still got my poncho with me.
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Oops, i bought the rain cover last Sat afternoon before MT's post. Notwithstanding, I can still get one nylon cover for my fren if there is interest Very Happy

I got the cover from MST Golf ($35). Made of those hard plastic material. It covers the bag completely with zips on top and the side for easy retrieval of stuff from the bag. It's sheer except for one logo in front. If anyone is interested, I can take pics of it Smile

I also saw one at Golf & Leisure. It will cover 3/4 of the bag. Retailing at $25 but i think the boss will slash a couple of dollars off.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm

If you can take a photo, that would help, ZB! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Technospaz wrote:
If you can take a photo, that would help, ZB! Thanks!
Hi,

Here are the photos as requested, with my old golf bag as the "model"... One is showing the cover in its storage state and the other two in the set-up mode... There are zippers on the front, back and the side to facilitate retrieval of things from the golf bag.

Waterproof Golf Bag? Cover_1[/img]

Waterproof Golf Bag? Cover_2[/img] Waterproof Golf Bag? Cover_3[/img]
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks, bro. Very nice Smile $35 is not too bad too. Cheers Smile

I can imagine one with the GR logo on it... wouldn't that be nice? Wink
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Agree with you totally.... Scoured Far East SC and other golf retail outets but couldn't find any that is "logo-less" and meet the basic requirement of full coverage at same time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Golf Bag?   Waterproof Golf Bag? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waterproof Golf Bag?
Page 1 of 1