Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hybrids to replace irons

Go down 
+15
ironfist
RogY
Uncle Lau
slinger
S70B
jaketang
Ken_
nutty88
Lamts18
22tang
nientsu
Roystonnn
Dstruc
Technospaz
andrewlee
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

personally i feel the same...

hybrids to replace long irons....and when in bad lie (depends on ball position) and distance are needed, i would use it too...

but well, tht's my personal preferences... dun 4get, i am a high hcp.... not pro.. Razz
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm

high hdcp????

....... pale
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:08 pm

S70B wrote:
high hdcp????

....... pale

wat jake trying to say is ppl who use hybrid are high hdcp lah............ aiiiiiiiiiiiii i also use hybrid man, heng liao, dun have to give strokes to those 23/12 buaya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Ahem.... rabbit
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Ahem.... rabbit

UL, u fall under that 23/12 category also........... wats my Q number now? i'm still waiting......
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 pm

wah... wrongly interpreted..... what i meant is that i m a high hcp... and i am commenting on my view... not say only high hcp must use hybrid... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 pm

aiya i also use hybrid, i not shy to say that it has improve my game
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 pm

slinger wrote:
aiya i also use hybrid, i not shy to say that it has improve my game

You hybrid is your "tan jia" weapon, so I rather you dont play the hybrid!! 8)
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:10 am

Technospaz wrote:
Often, I think I'm Seve and pretend that I can hit balls from off any surface (incl. the car park). Of course, I can't... and the results show in my scores.

That's called having balls! Wink
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:01 pm

i hv now just started to use hybird #5... i love it so much easy to hit the ball...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:08 am

hardrock wrote:
i hv now just started to use hybird #5... i love it so much easy to hit the ball...
Very Happy

My Cleveland Launcher Hybrid saved my game yesterday. My driver failed to take off and this hybrid rescued me in more ways than one.

I now carry 2 hybrids: The Cleveland Launcher at 20.5˚ and the TM Burner Rescue at 25˚.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:59 pm

i prefer the I-Brid of my BB08 to my TM Burner rescue hybrid. The TM Burner Rescue is too light and hard to transit between the irons and this hybrid but really great off the tee though. Maybe if i upgrade to the crossfire (but trying so hard to avoid BFG). The head also too wood-like (great off the tee but when the ball in is deep in the grass not so good 4 me, but then again i am a beginner only. Also never hit a straight shot before (unlike the 4 iron I-Bird), always a bit of fade.

The Cleveland Launcher looks much better though but never tried it.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:52 pm

tronos wrote:
i prefer the I-Brid of my BB08 to my TM Burner rescue hybrid. The TM Burner Rescue is too light and hard to transit between the irons and this hybrid but really great off the tee though. Maybe if i upgrade to the crossfire (but trying so hard to avoid BFG). The head also too wood-like (great off the tee but when the ball in is deep in the grass not so good 4 me, but then again i am a beginner only. Also never hit a straight shot before (unlike the 4 iron I-Bird), always a bit of fade.

The Cleveland Launcher looks much better though but never tried it.

You should tried it.... my recent acquisition of the Cleveland Launchers with the Graman 4 series shaft is saving me from destruction... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm using the stock shaft on my Cleveland Launcher Hybrid and it performs well. It did anyway when I took it out yesterday. Best hybrid I've played so far.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:21 pm

For Hybrid hunters, The Hackers Paradise has just completed a good review of the more popular hybrids in the market and posted the results of their Hybrid Shoot Out. Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Great info..... Wow Adam A7 is ranked first.....

Technospaz wrote:
For Hybrid hunters, The Hackers Paradise has just completed a good review of the more popular hybrids in the market and posted the results of their Hybrid Shoot Out. Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
edi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:34 pm

any idea where can get Adam A7? what the price ah??
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Technospaz wrote:

great find and great review! wonder why they didn't review the callaway diablo hybrids though.. got a gold on golf digest that one!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:55 pm

FolKs, I just spotted a Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 3i 20.5* at Pan West at Liang Ct for $215. Last one. Anyone keen? Call PW to reserve if you are. Price-wise, it's pretty good since Isetan was selling it for $204 (but with an additional 10% in rebates) at their sale 2 weeks back.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:24 pm

gahhh you're trying to poison us! haha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 pm

ironfist wrote:
gahhh you're trying to poison us! haha

Heck, I even offered to pick it up for whoever who was keen while I was there but no one seemed to be. Oh well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hybrids to replace irons   Hybrids to replace irons - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrids to replace irons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2