Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virgin trip to the course

Go down 
+19
sfhuang
nrafee
daveaha
Begbie
Fore-Fore
weesern
kikiaw
Duval_S
slinger
sunny
dodo
eiji
ironstarz
sandkie
asahi
mysticsea
golfchowmk
Birdman
aural
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

Virgin trip to the course Empty
PostSubject: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:38 am

What to prepare, bring along and look out for?

Basic stuff like

1. Clubs (with your gloves and shoes)
2. Tees
3. Balls
4. Ball marker
5. Water
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:52 am

Basic stuff like

2. Tees
3. Balls
4. Ball marker
5. Water
6. Insect repellant (for those with sweet blood)
7. face towel (for clubs), hand towel (for sweat)
8. cleat wrench
9. pitch mark tool (I consider this very important since so many do not repair the greens)
10. umbrella / golf rain jacket
11. Surgical tape (the paper variety, cheap and easy to tear off the roll) or 3M Coban pressure tape
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:54 am

aural wrote:

Basic stuff like

2. Tees
3. Balls
4. Ball marker
5. Water

6. Rain coat or umbrella.
7. Score card.
8. Tower.
9. Xtra tee shirt.
10. Cap.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:58 am

how come no one mentioned SUNBLOCK??? wei wei wei... we guys must also take care of skin hor... enjoy ur virgin trip... cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Sunglasses......very useful for 2nd 9 of morning game or whole 18 holes of afternoon game.
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:03 pm

mysticsea wrote:
how come no one mentioned SUNBLOCK??? wei wei wei... we guys must also take care of skin hor... enjoy ur virgin trip... cheers

Aiya if you wanted to, got many stuff lar. like i scare to die one so bring along my medical pouch. panadol, poh chai pill. medical oil, ....,,
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm

If you go for PC or handicap.... bring pitch mark tool is a must to show that you intend to be courteous and care for the course.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
mysticsea wrote:

Aiya if you wanted to, got many stuff lar. like i scare to die one so bring along my medical pouch. panadol, poh chai pill. medical oil, ....,,

振精剂... in case u kana con by buayas....
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 pm

mysticsea wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
mysticsea wrote:

振精剂... in case u kana con by buayas....

Ooo ya man thxs for reminding me hheheeh HELP HELP
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Extra clothing to change to and shower stuff.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 pm

what you shouldn't bring

1. Your ego
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:33 pm

aural wrote:

Basic stuff like

2. Tees
3. Balls
4. Ball marker
5. Water

Bro, wat i do now is like army train pattern. take a note book & writing is down wat to bring to course each time i visit & this note book is always in my golf bag.. i think this might help..
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:39 pm

mysticsea wrote:

Oh ya hor! For me it's SOP already both sunglass and sunblock. Word of advice, even if cloudy, please put sunblock hor... The effect of the sun is cumulative, and we can't change our skin like a tee shirt.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:44 pm

taskie wrote:
If you go for PC or handicap.... bring pitch mark tool is a must to show that you intend to be courteous and care for the course.

Sorry, intention is not good enough.

Bring the pitch mark tool and USE IT! Very Happy
Repair pitchmarks even if it's not yours. That indeed shows you are courteous and care for the course.

Need to mention bunker or not? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodo

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 pm

must bring many brightly colored plastic tees, for irons and for woods, and many golf balls. New golfers spend so much time looking for their tees after their tee shot, or else they forget completely to pick their tees coz too anxious to see their ball trickle forward, and then run out of tees by the 5th hole. balls obvious lah, expect to lose half a dozen or more, so bring cheap second hand ones.

btw, also bring toilet, cannot prey prey, have it all the time in your golf bag because you know what will happen if the half way house toilet run out of toilet paper, your buggy mate won't play with you after your business.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 pm

golfchowmk wrote:
aural wrote:

Basic stuff like

2. Tees
3. Balls
4. Ball marker
5. Water

Bro, wat i do now is like army train pattern. take a note book & writing is down wat to bring to course each time i visit & this note book is always in my golf bag.. i think this might help..

Hmm ya I think I better write down. I remember forgetting to bring stuff and ended up having to buy stuff before the range.
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:55 pm

aural wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:
aural wrote:

Basic stuff like

2. Tees
3. Balls
4. Ball marker
5. Water

Hmm ya I think I better write down. I remember forgetting to bring stuff and ended up having to buy stuff before the range.

As i can tell you some of my golfing frds forget to bring his golf shoe..
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:56 pm

For par threes and irons, pick up the broken tees you see all around you and use them. Sometimes if you are lucky can even pick up someone else's plastic tees which is a little bit of a treat. You are then doing your bit to recycle and you save money buying new tees. Especially for new birds cos the tees always break.

Never thought of toilet paper. ROFL
Don't have still can use leaf la... especially the CB leaf, can cover your whole backside man.

But seriously, most savvy golfers will make sure they do the small business and the big business first, just before heading out to play. Not at home ah, at the course changing room. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Alot of tips. Lol. Repairing pitch marks part I learnt from golf channel also to repair any u see along the way.

Btw for brollies. Need to buy proper golf brollies right? My friend told mr that he used to bring the normal brollies and both end up breaking. Almost forgot about the cap pc test is 4-7.

Btw what's your preference? Caps or visors?
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 pm

crocodie dundy or texas style also can
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:08 pm

golfchowmk wrote:

As i can tell you some of my golfing frds forget to bring his golf shoe..

Happened to my friend too! More than once! ROFL

Socks too, many forget. Me also guilty! Now I make sure I put my socks in my golf shoe before putting golf shoe in bag.

Anybody ever forget underwear?

I have! ROFL

The whole time after the game, I swore I could hear church bells ringing! ROFL
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Bring socks.

Someone in this forum(name had been withheld to protect the guilty) had bought like 3pairs of socks just for GR games only. I wonder if he run a 2nd hand socks company
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:19 pm

aural wrote:
Alot of tips. Lol. Repairing pitch marks part I learnt from golf channel also to repair any u see along the way.

Btw for brollies. Need to buy proper golf brollies right? My friend told mr that he used to bring the normal brollies and both end up breaking. Almost forgot about the cap pc test is 4-7.

Btw what's your preference? Caps or visors?

visors... somehow i get headache after game wearing a cap... i suspect the sweat backflow in that enclosed environment... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:59 pm

If you intend to stay in the game, get a proper golf brolly. There are however many on the market that can range from $25 for basic, then upwards of $100 for the high end high tech versions. I have everything from the cheap corporate giveaways to the near indestructible German made Birdie Pal.

Never got the triple canopy Gustbusters though, which are a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Hardly any wind here in Sing, at most double canopy would do for windy days. Then, very expensive and darn heavy some more. Very pro looking of course, but they got caddies.

Don't overlook the corporate ones hor, can be very good. I like the all black Nokia one they were giving away at the Barclays one year. Got a great red one from Toyota too.

In essence, look for these things in a golf umbrella.

Foam rubber handle - Comfy to hold and light. Some prefer solid rubber handles. If you do choose that, go for the ones with ergonomic handles moulded to the shape of your hand (Nike)

Fibreglass rod - lightweight

Canopy - Single canopy is lightweight. Look for those that can be reset back if the wind collapses it, these umbrellas usually have flexible plastic ribs. Double canopy is heavier but allows the wind to gust through. Usually cannot reset back cos of the more complicated rib construction. The plastic ribs should have sturdy plastic tips permanently fixed on. The cheaper brollys have flimsy plastic caps that can be pulled off. Avoid those, they fall off or break easily.

Umbrella Point - the end opposite the handle should be tapered so it sits properly into the metal/plastic/fabric ring holder at the base of your bag.

When closed, there should be a springloaded cap to sit all the rubs under. This keeps the ribs from accidental breakage. And avoid any metal parts cos they rust over time and the rust can stain your bag.

For me, it's a balance of light weight and sturdy construction in the end. And I find that $25 can get you a good enough umbrella, you just have to look around for the best constructed ones. Too expensive, when you lose it, also heart pain. And how often do you really use it, unless of course you're a lady.

Golf House has a good variety of umbrellas to choose from.

ps. there are lady specific umbrellas these days too.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 pm

bring cheque book......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgin trip to the course   Virgin trip to the course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virgin trip to the course
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next