Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie

Go down 
+2
mysticsea
protyne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie Empty
PostSubject: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi guys, I last learnt to play when I was 10yrs old and stopped since than. Last night was my first tryout after 17yrs Very Happy.

Managed to hit the around 50-60% of the 50 balls in my basket with my friend's TM Burner and a R7 both iron 7, straight out and around 110m. My mates were surprised I could still remember my basics since 10yrs old. haha

Considering to pick up a set of used irons now and carrying on the practice. Question is should I get a R7 or Burner? Personally felt the Burner was easier to hit, R7 needed more correction and concentration to get the same flight and distance.

My friend said get the R7 and work on it or I will outgrow the Burner soon.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:00 pm

burner easier to buy 2nd hand... r7 u got to look ard... few letting go 2nd hand as it is a gd set... btw welcome to our big family...
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:04 pm

mysticsea n me both are using R7 iron now... find it much easier to manage
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 pm

hi mysticsea and hardrock, thanks for your advices.

I think I'm more keen on the R7 but I hope I don't make the wrong decision and end up not being able to improve with equipment too advanced for me or is it a non-concern?

thank for the welcome, mysticsea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:54 am

also, consider from the "looks" department.... which design do you prefer? if it looks good to you and you are comfortable with the look, then your confidence goes up and you are probably more likely to hit a good shot!
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:56 am

r7 got a number of sub-models... juz make sure u get the correct one for ur liking...
happy hunting Smile
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:08 pm

I guess just opinion since i am a newbie no really advice. I know many people will buy one set and hands get itchy after trying other people's. In fact that's what my friend told me, dun bother buying first. Test out more set before you buy.

My own thinking is i am totally new, to feel a difference between a good and very good set might take another few months to years before i can "feel" the difference. So i decided to just buy a good set in general consencus and stick to the set. Drivers and others, i guess i will stick to the advices from many since it usually does not come in a set with the irons.

So end up getting a R9 irons. Since it is a "good" set in general, i should not have much to change from then on. My wishful thinking is buy a decent set that i wont "complain" or think there will be another set that will be MUCH better.

In fact i was aiming burner but since R9 was out and review not too bad, i just go for R9. If u ask me, i feel i might have overspent for someone starting out holding a club within 2 months. lol...
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 pm

mysticsea wrote:
r7 got a number of sub-models... juz make sure u get the correct one for ur liking...
happy hunting Smile

I just realised that. The 460cc, Quads, etc. Would you know which model is the closest to a Burner Plus or Burner XD?
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

hi scubawun, I think I'm at the stage where all irons looks similar to me. Gotta look a lil closer. Very Happy

hi aural, thanks for sharing. Did you eventually try out other clubs before settling for the R9?

I did the similar as you when I picked up tennis. Went out to get a R9 equivalent in terms of tennis racquet and strings turned up at lessons and sessions. End up still tried other racquets and from there the difference was quite stark. Sold the first racquet and settled for the most comfortable one.

Lucky that my khakis carry both R7 and Burner and even with my 1st session I could feel some difference using them which I can't really describe it. Irony huh?

I'm hoping to try other brands like Callaway, Ping, etc in the same range as R7 and Burner.
Back to top Go down
tomowilson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 am

hi all.....sry to hijack......where can i find a shop that carries a range of Taylormade ladies drivers? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:41 am

I tried the R7 iron only before I commit to R9 irons. To be frank u throw me any club I also cannot feel that much difference now. I used my friend's lady driver and my own driver distance same. Lol. For you since you had some experience before maybe you might feel the difference. End of the day what my friend told me I believe, you get comfortable with a set of clubs you probably can play better than other clubs you are not familiar with. But of course, i'm new so can mould myself into a club instead. Lol.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:42 am

tomowilson wrote:
hi all.....sry to hijack......where can i find a shop that carries a range of Taylormade ladies drivers? Thanks.

most of the authorised dealers have like GH or PW.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:48 pm

protyne wrote:
mysticsea wrote:
happy hunting Smile

I just realised that. The 460cc, Quads, etc. Would you know which model is the closest to a Burner Plus or Burner XD?

erh... 460 and Quads is driver leh... i thot u looking for irons???
r7 irons got r7 (normal version), r7 tp, r7 cgb, r7 draw...
if u looking for close to burner plus or xd then maybe is r7 cgb (i also not sure)...

where is the in-house tm expert??? TFP???
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:50 pm

aural wrote:
tomowilson wrote:

most of the authorised dealers have like GH or PW.

try the tm ad at cathy... mandarin gallery also got 1 i think...
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:57 pm

mysticsea wrote:
protyne wrote:
mysticsea wrote:
happy hunting Smile

erh... 460 and Quads is driver leh... i thot u looking for irons???
r7 irons got r7 (normal version), r7 tp, r7 cgb, r7 draw...
if u looking for close to burner plus or xd then maybe is r7 cgb (i also not sure)...

where is the in-house tm expert??? TFP???

Oops yes I'm looking for iron. Pardon me.

BTW what time do those shops selling used sets in Far East close? Too late if reach by 630pm?
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 pm

should be lah... next time wanna go shopping can pm me... i also like to walk walk there... Razz
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 pm

very poisoning place to go...
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Haha ok will put on haz-mat suit lol....

Are they all on a lower levels like B1s or all over the place? First time outing! Haha
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:01 pm

hardrock wrote:
very poisoning place to go...

for u lah... btw how much u buy the shaft har???
i looking for one to fit on the burner...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie   R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R7 or Burner for a restarting newbie
Page 1 of 1