Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?

Go down 
+9
hacknet
Tituman
duffader
eiji
nrafee
Technospaz
HyBriD
Begbie
thesleepingforest
13 posters
AuthorMessage
thesleepingforest
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 am

Hi guys! I've recently been taking Golf lessons and really hooked to the game. I'm currently using a set of callaway x22 iron set which I bought at the isetan sales Razz
I'm looking to pick up a driver and was reccomended a TM burner superfast 2.0 at a shop in far east and was told by a really nice sales person that a beginner driver should be something light and forgiving to use like the burner. I looked ard and seems the cobra s2 is also a pretty forgiving club with great performance and being the sucker that I am the aesthetic of the cobra really appeals to me as well however the salesperson told me it'll be harder to find as it has been replaced by the s3. I could probably find one off ebay though I think.
i'm thinking of getting a proper driver from the start instead of getting something i'll outgrow and need to upgrade again. What do you guys think and which would you recommend? Thanks for reading and do give this newbie any advises on the matter! cheers
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 am

U won't go wrong with a taylormade or ping drivers such as the following:

1. TM Supertri
2. TM R9 460
3. TM Burner 09
4. Ping G15
5. TM Burner Superfast 1.0

Very hard to go wrong with these clubs. Only a matter of loft and shaft selection. IMO the G15 is most forgiving as it has a closed clubface at address. It helps with the release and minimize slicing when u dun close your club fast enough at impact....

And of cuz they come much cheaper than clubs u mentioned... and many being sold at second hand shops e.g. Creative Joe, Raymond at Tradehub 21 or even brand new from Golf direct...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Just wanna add something....

Yes TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 is a great driver for newbies or high handicapper

why?

because of the club head face angle design. I think its between 1.5 to 2 degree close

I recently gave my wife this driver and its a pretty cool driver
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:05 pm

If you're looking for a forgiving club in the Cobra S-range, why not the S3 Max? I don't think they're available locally so I got mine off eBay.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:26 pm

thesleepingforest wrote:

i'm thinking of getting a proper driver from the start instead of getting something i'll outgrow and need to upgrade again. ....

we all started out, saying that... Rolling Eyes

then when a newer, shiner, model come about, we tested it.. and ...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Ping G20....if your backside not itchy, will last you at least 2years.

I am still happy with my G15....disclaimer this statement is true until i play with Kian and he outdrives me with his G20
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:59 pm

eiji wrote:
Ping G20....if your backside not itchy, will last you at least 2years.

I am still happy with my G15....disclaimer this statement is true until i play with Kian and he outdrives me with his G20

U can order one tonight!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 pm

HyBriD wrote:

why?

because of the club head face angle design. I think its between 1.5 to 2 degree close

Paul, your wife where got need to use a close face driver????? She is semi pro. Don't let her read this or she will get an expensive Christmas and make you pay for it hahahhaha lol! ROFL

tituman
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Begbie wrote:
U won't go wrong with a taylormade or ping drivers such as the following:

1. TM Supertri
2. TM R9 460
3. TM Burner 09
4. Ping G15
5. TM Burner Superfast 1.0

Very hard to go wrong with these clubs. Only a matter of loft and shaft selection. IMO the G15 is most forgiving as it has a closed clubface at address. It helps with the release and minimize slicing when u dun close your club fast enough at impact....

And of cuz they come much cheaper than clubs u mentioned... and many being sold at second hand shops e.g. Creative Joe, Raymond at Tradehub 21 or even brand new from Golf direct...

Wah Begbie, all these drivers you recommended got remote control is it ?? scratch
I played so many years and I have yet to find a forgiving driver like the way you described leh. Maybe because I am a CMI Season Beginner la. Just joking la bro. Don't take it to heart okie??
Beer I think whichever, whatever brand, how forgiving and easy to hit, to a just starting beginner who need to ask this question, the driver he ultimately chose will still give him a shot that will go left or right and an occasional straight ball. Don't give him such high hopes that when the driver don't seems to perform as it was suppose to be, then he will start thinking of getting another one. Basically, still got to get the fundamentals correct. Go seek a coach if you still have not settled your fundamentals my friend. Cheers. Beer

titu
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Tituman wrote:
HyBriD wrote:

why?

Paul, your wife where got need to use a close face driver????? She is semi pro. Don't let her read this or she will get an expensive Christmas and make you pay for it hahahhaha lol! ROFL

tituman

Ahaha @ David Very Happy

Well, the TM SuperFast 2.0 is my advanced Xmas Gift for her haha

Yes she is indeed a better golfer due to her experienced hahaha
being a product of JunGolf

The driver she brought along when we played @ Legends Course was a TM Burner Draw 9.5....

I was hooking the balll so gave it to my wife. She then was bombing it...190 to 220 yards.

Early part this year, when R 11 and Burner came out with this white colored driver. I saved a few pennies & bought a SuperFast 2.0 for her....her wish list ahaha Very Happy

I will take photo shoot on this and post it here

Its indeed a very forgiving driver for newbies & high handicapper
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
hacknet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:32 am

im in a similar situation, thinking of getting a G15, how do you think that compares against the newer superfast burner 2.0 driver?
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 am

i've tried the superfast driver. personally, i'm more comfortable with my supertri.

get a normal club head, but a good shaft. it will be more forgiving in my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:32 am

Aiya..... if you just started golf and are looking for a first Driver, just grab any driver that is cheap (2nd hand is a good choice, anyway you going to sky it somehow). Whether the driver is good or not, you will change it in.... the most a year time unless you give up the game.
Just go ask golfer around you, who played more than a year, you will get 8 out of 10 answering you that they have used more tha 1 driver.
The S2/S3/Superfast Burner 2.0 are all forgiving driver and I don't think you will find any different between them except the look and the sound.
Try to read more review and specification of each individual driver, it will make your search more interesting and sometime more confusing..... depend on how you look at it Razz
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:49 am

"was told by a really nice sales person that a beginner driver should be something light and forgiving to use like the burner"
I am baffled by the sales person's advice to you. You may be a beginner, but without knowing your swing statistic, how he derive at the conclusion that you can only use a light weight driver?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Forgiving - yes. Light - not necessary. Some beginner has so much weight and power and prefer heavier clubs.

Burner is a good choice IMO. I've been using burner 2009 and really like it. Why don't you try it out ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?   s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

s2/s3/superfast burner 2.0 for a newbie?
Page 1 of 1