Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?

Go down 
+4
ghoonk
ydk
grooveballer
TigaWood
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:47 pm

You can order it online off the Google website. They deliver to Singapore.

http://www.google.com/phone
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:08 pm

i tried, but they say they don't deliver to Singapore.
Back to top Go down
ydk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:08 am

They do ship it to Singapore! I ordered mine about 10 days after they first launched it. At their official launch they revealed that the phone will be made available to US, UK, HK and SG only. Have no idea why only these 4 countries though. Maybe these markets more susceptable to new gadgets? However I am not sure if there have been any changes to this.

I really love my nexus. Signed a m1 iphone plan and sold the iphone 3gs just to use the iphone plan to surf on my nexus. Only thing that iphone has advantage over nexus is the sheer number f apps for the iphone although it will only be a matter of time before the android will have more than its share of apps.

Take a look at the nexus one thread in hardwarezone forum there must be hundreds of nexus one users by now.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 am

Google is no longer selling the Nexus One on their web site.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 am

[quote: ="ydk"]They do ship it to Singapore! I ordered mine about 10 days after they first launched it. At their official launch they revealed that the phone will be made available to US, UK, HK and SG only. Have no idea why only these 4 countries though. Maybe these markets more susceptable to new gadgets? However I am not sure if there have been any changes to this.

I really love my nexus. Signed a m1 iphone plan and sold the iphone 3gs just to use the iphone plan to surf on my nexus. Only thing that iphone has advantage over nexus is the sheer number f apps for the iphone although it will only be a matter of time before the android will have more than its share of apps.

Take a look at the nexus one thread in hardwarezone forum there must be hundreds of nexus one users by now.[/quote: ]

YDK, it seem that the android is bit slower despite having a faster processor?
Also, the "flipping" of screen is a bit jittery.
This is true for Moto milestone, is that true for Nexus?

Somehow, no one in the market can make a phone with a smooth flipping(scrolling) like iPhone....I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Try this place. There store is at Sim Lim

http://www.funmobilephones.com.sg/others
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Paul, thanks...you are into nexus?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 pm

No mate. Was looking for Blackberry and stumbled across this website. Sounds like a good phone. Maybe I will consider
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:09 pm

I started with Palm, WM,blackberry, iPhone...now Moto Android.

So far iPhone and Android are the best.
iPhone is a great lifestyle phone.
Android is great if you use chrome with a lot gMail. Sync is 1st class.
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Bro, can consider the HTC Desire, basically the same phone except it does not have the Nexus' noise cancellation feature, but comes with HTC Sense interface which is more user-friendly.

The other difference is that the Nexus one will get any future OS updates earlier due to the lack of manufacturer-specific customization (in this case the HTC Sense interface). However, HTC has already announced that the Desire will get the latest Android 2.2 OS update soon

More importantly, all Nexus one phone warranty in SG starts from the day the shop (or whoever is selling to you) orders it from Google, so in some cases, the phone could have been sitting in the shop for sometime - meaning your warranty is less than 1 year.

And depending on whether you are contracting with telcos, or getting from which shops... the price tends to be cheaper than importing in the Nexus one.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Btw, if you're really interested in getting the Nexus one, can try

www.whymobile.com

It seems to be quite well recommended on HardwareZone forum, although I've never gotten anything from them before.
Back to top Go down
ydk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 am

seebayho: the thing is even though the nexus one is equipped with the powerful snapdragon processor google sort of toned it down(not sure the exact term to use here). To get the true power will mean rooting their nexus one (sort of jailbreak for iphone). During the process for rooting a warning msg will come up saying that if the phone is rooted it will void the warranty. Its as if google expects the majority of nexus one users to do this! While a lot have done so i have not done it yet. I'm prefectly happy with the phone right now and maybe only until I get my hands itchy will I then root it.

Paul: This is Patrick. I can let you play with my phone this sat. But of course only before or after our lesson!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:38 am

Seebayho: I would recommend that you go for HTC Desire. I couldn't wait for the launch and bought HTC HD2 instead in late April. No regrets though as the screen is really nice.

ydk: Nowadays it is uncommon that one stays with the stock firmware. Jailbreak for iphone, rooting for Android and HSP for WM. I have done two of out of the three mentioned as I have yet to get my hands on an Android phone. Smile
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:01 pm

nutty88, why? Desire not Nexus.
With desire there is another layer of interface, wouldn't they slow down the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Wats HSP??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore?   Where can I buy Nexus One, Google phone in Singapore? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1