Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!

Go down 
+4
daveaha
vingay32
Duval_S
golfkaki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! Empty
PostSubject: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Will be flying off to BKK on the 21st May... over the weekend. Am wondering any members here just back from the chaos?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:46 pm

My wife's gym instructor just back.....so far so good....had not discovered any injuries or bullet wounds (hahahah)

Bring 2 color shirts...(yellow and red)...
Back to top Go down
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:55 pm

That's what i was planning initially... now, I think i am going for all white! LOL
Back to top Go down
vingay32
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
vingay32

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:39 pm

dont risk it bro... not worth....
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:25 pm

You must be mad... Unless you're not going to Bangkok (Phuket or somewhere else)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:59 pm

I stationed in Bangkok for a year.
Their riots are always isolated at a certain place.
It is peaceful elsewhere.
From the media, it looks scary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
vyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Based in Bangkok currently but just got out and am in Singapore right now. In any case, the madness this time is more serious than previously because it is actually all over the place, concentrating on downtown. If you absolutely need to go and the situation has not been resolved, I suggest land in Bangkok and then move out to Hua Hin. Loads of good courses there. If die die must stay in Bangkok, then maybe somewhere more off-central like Ratchadapisek. But then again, 21 May is still 3 days away... and 3 days is a long time in Thai politics, so things could yet clear up, though I wouldn't bet on it. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
chweech
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:29 am

vyeo wrote:
Based in Bangkok currently but just got out and am in Singapore right now. In any case, the madness this time is more serious than previously because it is actually all over the place, concentrating on downtown. If you absolutely need to go and the situation has not been resolved, I suggest land in Bangkok and then move out to Hua Hin. Loads of good courses there. If die die must stay in Bangkok, then maybe somewhere more off-central like Ratchadapisek. But then again, 21 May is still 3 days away... and 3 days is a long time in Thai politics, so things could yet clear up, though I wouldn't bet on it. Hope this helps!

hi vyeo... you working in bkk? I just came back last week and is heading back soon...
as long as you don't go near that area.... you are fine... as of now... my friends are @ ekkamai.... as usual....

for golfing.... maybe you should head towards chon buri area or near the airport.... the one that is near my apartment there (Pinehurst etc) is along the motorway where the north & north eastern travel...

having said that.... my game there is every weekday night golfing, sat morning tee and sun afternoon tee (if i'm still ok)....555
Back to top Go down
vyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Chweech,

Yea I've heard that Ekkamai is fine for now, though some reports that things have spread to about Asoke? My friends at Ploen Chit and Rajthewi have all moved out, but the Sukhumvit folks seem ok still. Myself, I was originally living at Rajdamri... and I've just moved to Sathorn, so the reds seem to be going wherever I go! Will probably be going back to BKK this weekend. When are you heading back?

You live near Pinehurst? No wonder you have such a hardcore schedule! In any case, Pinehurst is close to BKK but still quite a way out.. I suppose you drive? I've only played once at Pinehurst, quite a good course but rather crowded with tourists at the weekend. Have you played at Suwan? A friend brought me there and it was absolutely fantastic. Just that the course was way too tough for my very lousy standards. 555
Back to top Go down
chweech
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:07 am

another singaporean in sathorn.... all wish to be near the embassy? ... our embassy is fortified man.... concrete outside and inside as well....

i'm heading back early june... got to clear my singapore works as well....
i live near Chaeng Wattana... very far... if you know the tollway... go opposite direction of Bangna and you will reach Chaeng Wattana after 30km... driving only weekends... weekday prefer to be sitting on the rear...Smile
Suwan? where is it? my regular kakis who book the course most of the time...
1. Pinehurst
2. Muang Ake Vista (my personal training ground.. 1 person tee off)
3. Chuan Chuen Floraville
4. Lamlukka (this is good!)
5. The course beside Unico...
6. Summit Windmill

maybe you can have my email... by the way.. june have the scot game... maybe u want to join? my friends are joining and is jio-ing me to...
Back to top Go down
vyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:53 am

Suwan is in Pathum Thani I think. My friend was driving, so not very sure. But we had to head out across the Thonburi side. The course was used for some Asian Tour event I think fairly recently... there's this LCB autographed photo greeting you in the changing room.

Unfortunately, haven't heard of the "scot" game... what's that about? I would be keen to play... if there's an ultra-beginner flight. Wouldn't want to hold up people otherwise.

Of your list, I've played Pinehurst and Summit Windmill. Have you played Subprapreuk? I think its well worth a visit... not too far from Summit. Just further down Bangna.

In any case, do PM your email and we could be in touch. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:14 am

thanks for all the feedbacks... the eleven of us, after calling our Thai counterpart, have decided to cancel the trip...

It doesn't look and sound good... with APV ramming the barricades are a side of soreness
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:26 am

Duval_S wrote:
My wife's gym instructor just back.....so far so good....had not discovered any injuries or bullet wounds (hahahah)

Bring 2 color shirts...(yellow and red)...

I m getting T-shirts wif red on 1 side & yellow on the other for my trip 2 weeks time Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!   Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to Golf in Thailand now!
Page 1 of 1