Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?

Go down 
+7
huskiegolfie
slazenger
Technospaz
identti
Happy Feet
Denmeister
peace2903
11 posters
AuthorMessage
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? Empty
PostSubject: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 am

With reports of rain & drowning in the north eastern states, is it safe to still go JB for golf?
Anyone been JB golfing recently?
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:12 am

Just soggy fairways. No flooding.

Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 am

How north east r u referring ? Kuantan?

JB is pretty ok ..... Like what I told my flt mate.... Fairway is soggy, he replied I chiong one on
Back to top Go down
identti
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:00 am

just came back from palm villa yesterday. although the weather was fine, cloudy with brief glimpse of the sun, certain portions of the fairways were clogged. overall still playable though
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 am

peace2903 wrote:
With reports of rain & drowning in the north eastern states, is it safe to still go JB for golf?
Anyone been JB golfing recently?

Yeah. Safe.

But some courses are quite soggy and bunkers can turn into mini-pools.
Back to top Go down
slazenger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:07 am

yeah...played at palm villa and palm resort.

palm villa - after rain fairway soggy. can get hybrid hazards ie sand bunkers become sand bunkers and water hazard. but still playable!
Back to top Go down
huskiegolfie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
huskiegolfie

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 am

Try to experience in Ponderosa Golf & Country Club..course are v well maintained and the food and accommodation there are nice. I'm a regular there Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 am

Denmeister wrote:
Just soggy fairways.  No flooding.

How about ponding?Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:18 am

sob wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
Just soggy fairways.  No flooding.

How about ponding?Rolling Eyes
I usually play at either Horizon Hills and RJCC.

Issue of ponding at Horizon is not too bad as the club have recently did massive work in installing subsoil drainage at ponding spots.

However, the course will still be quite soggy after a heavy downpour, especially after an all day downpour which happened 2 days ago.  I happened to play a tournament there the day after the heavy rain and the course was soggy, but not as bad as it used to be.

As for RJCC, it is quite an undulating course and there will be ponding at the low areas.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Soggy fairways....that's all.

For Poresia.
Back to top Go down
gnorij
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 pm

my buddies and i looking to go to legends this weekend. does anyone know if it has stayed monsoon resistant? Smile
Back to top Go down
identti
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 pm

just played at palm resort yesterday.. sunny like what in the morning.. buggy was even allowed on course
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:56 pm

Don't even talk about golfing in JB... you can barely golf in Singapore during the monsoon period. And, I'm also referring to driving in JB or Singapore, as the case may be.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:26 pm

yeah it's been bloody irritating. have been close to impossible to golf in the afternoon lately
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?   Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safe to golf in JB during the Monsoon period?
Page 1 of 1