Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM

Go down 
+105
duffader
X-Man
nrafee
i
reylim
aural
TigaWood
golfjoy
toto
Winston
golf_snowman
shamusan
Bteo
clarencekim
Shing77
tb20092009
bugaboo
OCT
4dtoto
mulligan
steplhh
and68low
laybeedlang
ethee
damienwah
Elbry
alvin7379
Linch
frosTEE
aahhhcabretta
tendygolf
CoRN
fred_tkk
TheFocalPoint
botak
Ryan Lee
Ron Lee
mojojojo
Birdman
Crocbros
ChrisD
Technospaz
BT
babusk
Fore-Fore
Salty Dog
golfkaki
foolwalking
DGman
Tyc_mambo
Victor3112
hardballs
zhenxua
jhan18
watermyforrest
shorthitter
mUAr_cHEe
Raquel
JonL_TK
hw_ball
darenlim
blee67
St. MIG
Quest
jaketang
Tian
VV
JawereZ
ESTan
joshcct
GoLagiSlow
hardrock
Golfnuts
sunny
Tituman
HV
sfhuang
guybrush
Roystonnn
sandkie
mengteck71
nientsu
eden
daveaha
Right_sided_coach
slinger
Aloyboy
rangereye
katherinechiok
pushslice
PK
wilkang
zephyr_bloom
garfield
Cyp_PGA
mloy
poresia
Duval_S
andrew-golf
golfbeginner
joleelyn
oned10t
asahi
eiji
missmoon
109 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 am

Hi Birdman

last friday during dinner, I found you looked familiar. But I just can't remember... almost wanted to ask you if you had a brother.... than yesterday someone told me who you were... wow I'm really "got eyes don't know tarzan"....

So are you still hitting the beats? Does the following sound familiar to you? >>

Pilot of the airwaves
Here is my request
You don't have to play it
But I hope you'll do your best
I've been listening to your show
On the radio
And you seem like a friend to me

Hee hee.... I'm an addict during my school days and music was my friend in good and bad times :)

Now I know where your Emceeing skills come from....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 am

Quote :
X-Man wrote:
Hi Birdman

last friday during dinner, I found you looked familiar. But I just can't remember... almost wanted to ask you if you had a brother.... than yesterday someone told me who you were... wow I'm really "got eyes don't know tarzan"....

So are you still hitting the beats? Does the following sound familiar to you? >>

Pilot of the airwaves
Here is my request
On the radio

Hee hee.... I'm an addict during my school days and music was my friend in good and bad times Smile

Cheers

SQ Pilot ?????

" Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Golf Republic...this is your captain peaking....we are approaching 10000++++ postings. Do enjoy your stay with us and our marshalls and caddies will be here to serve you "
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
stroke negotiation also took a FEW pages and it is still not decided.

All part of the fun for her wat.

You want to assist with the negotiations since you are more experienced? Have some fun with her la... ROFL
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 pm

i just want to have fun with kat.... :rofl:

Last edited by mUAr_cHEe on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 pm

@ X-Man, yes I do have a brother, it is he that you might know. Otherwise, it's probably cos I got a common face. Very Happy Bet you still got tons of tapes and records lying around somewhere.

@ Duval_S, I can only fly myself, can't you see I got wings? Clever post by the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

I can relate to what you said bro.

But when you metioned and reminisce the good ol school days...makes Mr Birdman sound old....

X-Man wrote:
Hi Birdman

Pilot of the airwaves
Here is my request
On the radio

Hee hee.... I'm an addict during my school days and music was my friend in good and bad times Smile

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i just want to have fun with kat.... :ROFL:

Ur more than welcome to.... but please ask her for permission first hor?

Don't want to see your face in the papers other than the sports pages for being Champion golfer. ROFL
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:37 pm

OMG!!! I was right then!?!!?cyclops

Someone does look familiar!?!?

Nope, I didn't attend any SSN or BVA or tournament but I saw the pics and I thought I spotted someone I "know"!!

HEEE ... okie then. Carry on with your GOLF-ing!

Swing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:43 pm

katherinechiok wrote:

we were jus lucky tt we win sometimes.. really.. we squared the last game with poresia n tituman ah.. and i believe they do think it was a fair match? *winkzzz* ok la.. lets fix a day first, then we talk abt hcp k bird bird? Laughing

Please la...... You think I just started playing golf yesterday ah? ROFL

I think I better ask you to buy 4D for me ever week. Pao tio eh with that kind of luck.

Still haven't tell me what were your scores for that day at Kranji. I'm waiting......... Why? Scared to let the Kat out of the bag ah? You tell, I tell. Fair right?

Let's try to project your win loss tally.

Lucky to win sometimes = about 5 lah ok?

Squared the last game with Poresia and Tituman = 1

Loss to anyone in B.V.A. = 0

Members of B.V.A. = Conservatively... more than 10 la let's say.

So which brings us back to Lucky to win sometimes = adjusted to 10 (conservatively)

finaly tally,

Wins = 10

Draw = 1

Losses = 0

You must be the luckiest person in the world!!!!!! ROFL
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Birdman wrote:
@ X-Man, yes I do have a brother, it is he that you might know. Otherwise, it's probably cos I got a common face. Very Happy Bet you still got tons of tapes and records lying around somewhere.

Nope I was a poor chap during my school days so can only afford to listen to the radio.... in fact now still poor have to download songs from the internet... Smile

My very first tape was Michael Jacksons's "Beat It" album...

"Billy Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who claims that I am THE ONE... [Matrix's Neo?]

May God bless his soul.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:47 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
I can relate to what you said bro.

But when you metioned and reminisce the good ol school days...makes Mr Birdman sound old....

Thanks hor JT, for pointing out the obvious. Evil or Very Mad

Anyone see the elephant in the room?

But hey, it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Uncle Birdman!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Think when bet with BVA 's president and chairlady....need to do ala soccer liao.....Strokes odds and money odds
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Guai Guai.... Smile

Now go stand in the corner! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
Guai Guai.... Smile

LOL ROFL
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Birdman wrote:
Guai Guai.... Smile

???
How come this uncle so fierce de??? No
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:01 pm

golfjoy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Guai Guai.... Smile

???

Cos you never met him in person mei mei.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:25 pm

if i didnt remember wrongly...kat played 96 and mloy played 98.

kat's swing is a classic textbook swing - hips first then hand in downswing. something tat i have been trying to do for all my swing. only flaw is a little overswing like most of us. her par 3s is super!

mloy 98 didnt really reflected her real score. i felt that she was v nervous for the 1st part of the game and in my opinion didnt played to her normal and best standard.

titu played 90 and I played 84 ( 9 pars, 6 bogeys, and 3 double bogeys) so from here u can gauge how many strokes u can give.

we gave 4 for 1st 9 and were 3 up so decided to gv 6 for 2nd 9. (GSS)

dun forget that titu and me almost join BVA if mloy holed her 5ft putt at the last hole.

it was an unforgetable game.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Wow !!! the last time me and GB got cheated.
I have to give them both 5-5 and GB playing level with them from blue tee.
That's means can only give them 2 par 5 and 2 par 4 1 stroke each max.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:38 pm

golfjoy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Guai Guai.... Smile

???

He not that old or fierce lah....still young and cool....but definitely not gullible else BVA would have 'eaten' him liao...
Razz
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm

dun think u got cheated. 5-5 is manageable provided u play ur normal game. my partner and me didnt played well in 2nd 9 esp last few holes so kena "raped"!

hv fun! Both of them r a joy to play with!

will be a while before titu n my turn to take them on since all of u r ardy in the Q.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:43 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Wow !!! the last time me and GB got cheated.
I have to give them both 5-5 and GB playing level with them from blue tee.
That's means can only give them 2 par 5 and 2 par 4 1 stroke each max.

Errr.....I even more innocent lor.....virgin game in GR, virgin golf betting, kena conned to give 1-2-3 for 1st nine then 0-1-1 for 2nd nine.
In the end, as seen from GR pic, die c#@! stand......hiaz.....

Gotta rethink on the odds to give liao......

@poresia, I agree with you totally....kat's swing is definitely damn pro. A few mths more, I think she will be peerless soon if she keeps it up.
Other than the overswing, she has the tendency to grip down on all sticks...oops, clubs, I mean.
If not for that, her distance would definitely upz and maybe save strokes.

Hm......how bout we dissect and share their strengths and weaknesses here so that we can have better strategy to deal with them.
lol!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Brandon... Giving 1-2-3 and 0-1-1 to seasoned player??????
Wah Lao you were simply raped by her liaow...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:52 pm

poresia wrote:
dun think u got cheated. 5-5 is manageable provided u play ur normal game. my partner and me didnt played well in 2nd 9 esp last few holes so kena "raped"!

will be a while before titu n my turn to take them on since all of u r ardy in the Q.

I would say I am the culprit not working that day. Enjoying too much aircon that I forgot how to play. Thus when crucial strokes were needed, my normal game abandoned me...sigh Crying or Very sad But I would agree with Poresia 5/5 is good handicap giving either party a good chance to take the game.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:53 pm

poresia wrote:

you have tituman as back up me have none.
Mostly chui for the 2nd nine....
Even for the first nine and ended up 3 down with 2 holes to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next