Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM

Go down 
+105
duffader
X-Man
nrafee
i
reylim
aural
TigaWood
golfjoy
toto
Winston
golf_snowman
shamusan
Bteo
clarencekim
Shing77
tb20092009
bugaboo
OCT
4dtoto
mulligan
steplhh
and68low
laybeedlang
ethee
damienwah
Elbry
alvin7379
Linch
frosTEE
aahhhcabretta
tendygolf
CoRN
fred_tkk
TheFocalPoint
botak
Ryan Lee
Ron Lee
mojojojo
Birdman
Crocbros
ChrisD
Technospaz
BT
babusk
Fore-Fore
Salty Dog
golfkaki
foolwalking
DGman
Tyc_mambo
Victor3112
hardballs
zhenxua
jhan18
watermyforrest
shorthitter
mUAr_cHEe
Raquel
JonL_TK
hw_ball
darenlim
blee67
St. MIG
Quest
jaketang
Tian
VV
JawereZ
ESTan
joshcct
GoLagiSlow
hardrock
Golfnuts
sunny
Tituman
HV
sfhuang
guybrush
Roystonnn
sandkie
mengteck71
nientsu
eden
daveaha
Right_sided_coach
slinger
Aloyboy
rangereye
katherinechiok
pushslice
PK
wilkang
zephyr_bloom
garfield
Cyp_PGA
mloy
poresia
Duval_S
andrew-golf
golfbeginner
joleelyn
oned10t
asahi
eiji
missmoon
109 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Brandon... Giving 1-2-3 and 0-1-1 to seasoned player??????
Wah Lao you were simply raped by her liaow...

How I know? My virgin game leh......mloy so sincere, kat gave me the innocent kitty look.....thus hook, line & sinker! hiaz.....

Not raped hor....gang raped! What a Face
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:09 pm

poresia wrote:

mloy 98 didnt really reflected her real score. i felt that she was v nervous for the 1st part of the game and in my opinion didnt played to her normal and best standard.

poresia, thank you for thinking so highly of my standard of play. Yes, I agree the first part I was nervous but I need to correct you with regards to your opinion of my standard. I am just a slightly above average player who enjoy a day of golf with my firends (though I would love to improve my short game). You would agree that my short game was atrocious. That's why I am seeing a coach for my short game. If I was good as you have professed I would have sunk in the 5ft put and made a BVA out of you and tituman. ROFL

With all that's said I agree with you that, that day was indeed a kang chiong match. When you had 5 pars in a row on the front 9, Kat & I thought, "DIE" this time we sure "die". lol! but we never gave up and continued to play our "best".

P.S. Kat has a very nice swing... that's why she is my aircon bus. cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:36 pm

asahi wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Brandon... Giving 1-2-3 and 0-1-1 to seasoned player??????
Wah Lao you were simply raped by her liaow...

How I know? My virgin game leh......mloy so sincere, kat gave me the innocent kitty look.....thus hook, line & sinker! hiaz.....

Not raped hor....gang raped! What a Face

When I read 1-2-3, I burst out loud laughing. Giving Kat a stroke on par 3s? She who had her name on both NTP flags at Kranji!!!!! And 3 on a par 5? She double bogey you already die. She bogey, you have to score gross eagle!!!!

Hahahahah.... too funny!!!!! They actually asked you for 1-2-3????? Hahahhahahha........

My brothers, we have been mistaken all along, thinking there was only one air con bus in the pairing of the two buayees. You all din look in the mirror!!!!

Then you will see the big volvo logo on your forehead!

From the start you were already the air con bus they were riding on.... they were already several holes up before you even teed off.

Their strategy very simple, take more strokes at the start with the wide eyed pussycat look from Shrek, establish an insurmountable lead, 2nd nine give you back some strokes, which at the turnaround, you will be so grateful for, forgetting that you were mesmerised into giving 1-2-3 at the start.

By which time already too little too late, School Bus left oredi.......... Bye Bye!!!!!!

Last edited by Birdman on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 pm

OH MY GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:41 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
OH MY GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!!

Where? Where? Where?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:17 pm

asahi wrote:
golfjoy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Guai Guai.... Smile

Now go stand in the corner! Evil or Very Mad

???
How come this uncle so fierce de??? No

He not that old or fierce lah....still young and cool....but definitely not gullible else BVA would have 'eaten' him liao...
Razz

Me only make people laugh Golfjoy mei mei. Who ask you don't come to the GR 1st Anniversary game?

They say age is but a number and it's all in the mind....

Yah, right! Tell that to my back the morning after.... Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 pm

poresia wrote:
if i didnt remember wrongly...kat played 96 and mloy played 98.

kat's swing is a classic textbook swing - hips first then hand in downswing. something tat i have been trying to do for all my swing. only flaw is a little overswing like most of us. her par 3s is super!

mloy 98 didnt really reflected her real score. i felt that she was v nervous for the 1st part of the game and in my opinion didnt played to her normal and best standard.

titu played 90 and I played 84 ( 9 pars, 6 bogeys, and 3 double bogeys) so from here u can gauge how many strokes u can give.

we gave 4 for 1st 9 and were 3 up so decided to gv 6 for 2nd 9. (GSS)

dun forget that titu and me almost join BVA if mloy holed her 5ft putt at the last hole.

it was an unforgetable game.

Thanks for the update and breakdown Poresia! Very useful information to gauge real standard versus the "No la... lucky only" standard.

Kat 96and Mloy 98!!!!!

Some more Mloy was nervous!

Hahahahaahahahaha........ Can play level with the guys man!!!!! Hahahahahahaha.....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:15 pm

asahi wrote:

He not that old or fierce lah....still young and cool....but definitely not gullible else BVA would have 'eaten' him liao...
Razz

Actually, yup ... if he is the uncle I think I "know" then REALLY ... he hasn't aged a bit. Shocked
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Birdman wrote:
Me only make people laugh Golfjoy mei mei. Who ask you don't come to the GR 1st Anniversary game?

They say age is but a number and it's all in the mind....

Yah, right! Tell that to my back the morning after.... Stretcher

I didn't go 'cos I M too much a NEWbie!?!?
And ... and ... I am shy lah. Embarassed

I understand what you mean uncle birdman.
I, myself, also feel age catching up on me.

*ahem*

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:33 pm

golfjoy wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

Actually, yup ... if he is the uncle I think I "know" then REALLY ... he hasn't aged a bit. Shocked

That's not what the mirror tells me.... albino

But thank you anyways Golfjoy mei mei.

You may leave the corner now.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Birdman wrote:

That's not what the mirror tells me.... albino

But thank you anyways Golfjoy mei mei.

You may leave the corner now.. ROFL

Thank you uncle birdman.... but I already left there long ago.
It's ok, I know it takes some time for u to realise ... *pat pat*

Okie ... Topic OFF

Peace
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Yah, din notice cos my attention not on you, looking for the snout of the buayees to emerge from the water.

As yet, all is calm.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Knew that would give u the chance to "get back" at me....
Neh mind ... I respect the elderly. I am cool ..... coool .... cooooool

Good nite !! Zzzz

Callaway
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Hm..... Could be the calm before the storm. Expect them to come swishing and chomping soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 pm

golfjoy wrote:

Good nite !! Zzzz

Callaway

What's there to "get back"? scratch

Sleep wel!l ROFL
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:10 pm

mloy wrote:
poresia, thank you for thinking so highly of my standard of play. Yes, I agree the first part I was nervous but I need to correct you with regards to your opinion of my standard. I am just a slightly above average player who enjoy a day of golf with my firends (though I would love to improve my short game). You would agree that my short game was atrocious. That's why I am seeing a coach for my short game. If I was good as you have professed I would have sunk in the 5ft put and made a BVA out of you and tituman. ROFL

Even Tiger Woods, winner of 14 majors also needs a coach, you so modest Mloy! Beer
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Birdman wrote:
golfjoy wrote:

Good nite !! Zzzz

Callaway

What's there to "get back"? scratch

Sleep wel!l ROFL

Pls stop bickering... Make Love Not War....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 pm

ChrisD wrote:
poresia wrote:
dun think u got cheated. 5-5 is manageable provided u play ur normal game. my partner and me didnt played well in 2nd 9 esp last few holes so kena "raped"!

hv fun! Both of them r a joy to play with!

will be a while before titu n my turn to take them on since all of u r ardy in the Q.

you have tituman as back up me have none.
Mostly chui for the 2nd nine....
Even for the first nine and ended up 3 down with 2 holes to go.

Bro, you had GB as your backup wat. If chui, can't lay blame on anyone else right? Least of all the sistas....

Consider that you grossly underestimated the ABSistas and were too generous with the agreed handicap from the start lor..

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 pm

asahi wrote:
Hm..... Could be the calm before the storm. Expect them to come swishing and chomping soon. Very Happy

They won't come one, already told one another to let the boys just carry on with the discussion on their own. They are very smart and powderful one.

Make not the mistake of underestimating them. They are the classic case of synergy where one plus one equals three.

Each partnership on the boys side did not capitalise enough on each other's strength. It's just like the partnership of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson at the Ryder Cup. Individually each of us may be strong, but together, each partnership was overwhelmed by the synergy of the SBSistas.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 pm

X-Man, it's alright, let her be... In dreamland now.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 am

Birdman,

Agreed with you. Kat was playing very well in 1st 9 while Mloy was trying to calm her nerves n warm up. by 2 nd 9, Kat lost steam but Mloy warmed up ardy.

For Titu and me, both played well n bad in the same period.

They really compliment each other v well. lots of encouragement and discussion throughout the game.

True sisterhood!
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:02 am

poresia wrote:
True sisterhood!
I think you meant "True Buayeehood"
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:38 pm

ChrisD wrote:
By the way, please note that the lunch is not free of charge for this charity golf.
Therefore, can those who took lunch before the game but left without paying.
Pls pay up. Eden had paid for you guys/gals.
Pls PM him to say thanks/pay him back.

O$P$
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Trying to follow on conversation but a bit lost...

Can someone enlighten me on giving stroke vocabulary?

What is the meaning of giving 5-5? Is it 5 strokes first nine, 5 strokes second nine (strokeplay) OR 5 holes first nine, 5 holes second nine (match play)? Or something else?

What is the meaning of 1-2-3? Is it par3-4-5 strokeplay?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:18 pm

5-5 means 5 strokes on the front and 5 for the back. And it's fixed no matter what the outcome after 9 holes.

If it's 5-5 adjustable, then it means the 5 for the back nine is adjusted up or down after completing the first nine holes, depending on who is up or down. The strokes given or taken away depends on how many holes you are up or down by. The way my friends play it, every two holes up or down is equivalent to 1 stroked adjusted. If it's three holes, then it's rounded down to 1 stroke.

To find out which holes you get the strokes on, say 5-5 = 10. Look at the scorecard and see the hole index indicated. Anything with a hole index of 10 and below you get the stroke there.

1-2-3 means par 3 (1), par 4 (2), par 5 (3).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM   WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WE ARE ONE!!! Golf Republic First Anniversary Charity Golf Tournament- June 18, Friday PM
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next