Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

whcih hole do I screw-up more???

Go down 
+2
joshcct
Duval_S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

whcih hole do I screw-up more??? Empty
PostSubject: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:53 am

Between the PAR 3, 4 and 5........I used to screw up par 5...really bad.

sometime..sometime...back.....thinking that I am gifted in golf and that I have Hulk-type strength coupled with PGA-type swing....I whack the ball like crazy.....with the fictious hope of hitting far enough...so that I can 2-ON.......NB..most times, either OB, go rough...so lost strokes unnecessary. Lesson learnt now....hit fairway, self-realization of myself.....then 3 ON....aim for 2 putt...ok liao

So nowadays, i screw-up most at Par 3.......again, the fictious thought that I can go flag hunting thinking that my irons are good........NB....either go bunker, over, or water......
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:02 am

more often than not is long Par 4 or Par 5 with water obstacle at the 190m mark... ball will go diving with driver hit...2H will land nice but 2nd stroke will screw-up as it usually end up in bunker along the way....

think the course designer deliberately planned it that way so that we get trapped....
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:04 am

me..practically every hole...keke
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:32 am

Hmmm ... for me, if I look at my scoring statistics (courtesy of Golfshot app on iphone) for the last 2 months, I play Par 4s more badly than Par 5s and Par 3s.

Probably bacause I am still not that consistent with hitting irons of the deck. For the long irons, sometime duff because too anxious, or hit thin ... for the short irons, contact usually good, but sometimes will pull left badly.

Do better at Par 3s cos can tee it up, so always perfect lie, and normally the tee box is quite flat.

So I guess for me, the areas to practice are my irons (to hopefully get more GIR) and really sharpening the short game so that when I miss, have a good chance of up and down or at the most 1 chip/pitch and 2 putts.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:54 pm

This reminds me of DD's mess-up at the Quail Hollow tourney where he 3 (or was it 4-putted) a hole. Painful.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:30 pm

par 4's are the most difficult in a round......

short ones with difficult pin placement, hazzards, etc....

straight forward ones normally are longer where golfers have to be good for their long 2nd shots.....

end of day, players (normally low hcp) have solid short game n putting to back it up...

have u train enuff for putting n short game? Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Quote :
jaketang wrote:
par 4's are the most difficult in a round......

short ones with difficult pin placement, hazzards, etc....

straight forward ones normally are longer where golfers have to be good for their long 2nd shots.....

end of day, players (normally low hcp) have solid short game n putting to back it up...

have u train enuff for putting n short game? Smile

wah.....good diagnosis of a very seasoned golfer. actually the shortest game is my forte.....2inches fm the hole....I neber miss..........................................................yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whcih hole do I screw-up more???   whcih hole do I screw-up more??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whcih hole do I screw-up more???
Page 1 of 1