Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide

Go down 
+16
yaozza07
asahi
sillytesky
ahnah
beehome
Gofnut
Flash
Duval_S
playgolf
Technospaz
kamen
slinger
zhenxua
lewisloh
pushslice
Denmeister
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  Empty
PostSubject: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:03 am

Hi folks,
Just thought that I try to document down how I "try" to play my home club and through the process, learn more in detail about the course myself.

Do feel free to offer your feedback and opinions if u agree/disagree on how each hole should be played to achieve a respectable score.

I will embark on this one hole at a time and add in pics and laser distances on and off. So be sure to review the comments of each hole once a while.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 am

Hole 1, Par 4, Blue Tee

Post moved to page 2

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 am

Approach shud land at the front green for an uphill putt. If you miss, miss to the right as there is ample chipping area. Going long is worst option. Pin usually at the back left or right.
Back to top Go down
lewisloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Recently I play in JCC a few times. There is something good nature feeling when play in this course. The mature course just felt different, you are very close to nature in reality. When other courses I just play golf, this course I am surreal in the nature, in the golf "zone" mind.

Yes I like walking course. A round of 18 we would have walk 6-7km, good for body and mind.
Any GR bro know if there is someone who want to sell their membership, I might be tempting to buy.

Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Hole 1, Par 4, Blue Tee: 426. White: 399. Red:380 (all distances measured in Yards to front of green)

Out of Bounds: None
Hazards: All open drains are marked as lateral water hazards. So if you do enter the drains, it is a penalty. If resting in the edge of drains, it is a free drop.

There is a row of drain on the right hand side of the fairway bunker. Be sure to give that a miss.

I usually tee off from the right side of the tee box, taking aim at the right greenside bunker. If I were to pull the shot and still stay in my own left rough/fairway (meaning stay on Hole 1 and not crossover to Hole 9), the slope of the left side will bring the ball back to the right.

Long hitters may want to aim center of fairway and baby draw to the left edge of fairway. With the kick of the slope, the run can be as much as 50 yards!

To be continued..... gotta do some work now.

you must have been very busy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:40 pm

bro.... i also have been recording all these in my little book

next time we share notes...
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Bookmarked study
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Den, this is a great initiative. Knowing you, your feedback on JGCC will be invaluable. You play there more often that anyone I know and I'd like to see your Hole by Hole review. Thanks in advance, buddy!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Oh my goodness! Peer pressure here it comes!

guess I cannot procrastinate any longer.....

In due course, my fellow golf fanatics.......
Back to top Go down
playgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:50 pm

subscribed to this.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Bro Den, can you advise how to play hole 11 I think...the par 5 with the smallest green?

the last time I recalled, I landed on the green on 4th shot...and the ball roll roll roll....till go out of green
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Bro Den, can you advise how to play hole 11 I think...the par 5 with the smallest green?

the last time I recalled, I landed on the green on 4th shot...and the ball roll roll roll....till go out of green

Tee off keep on fairway very important. No need driver.

Second shot aim for floodlight on left. No need to Chiong, but if have distance to reach apron in 2, then easy par.

If you can place your 2nd shot on the left, then chances of 3rd shot staying on green is very high.

3rd shot, aim right apron regardless of pin placement. For sure stay on green.

Another alternative, 3rd shot go past the green so that your 4th shot is an uphill chip. Then can attack pin for chip in birdie or easy bogey.

How? Doable?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:37 am

Denmeister wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Tee off keep on fairway very important. No need driver.

Second shot aim for floodlight on left. No need to Chiong, but if have distance to reach apron in 2, then easy par.

If you can place your 2nd shot on the left, then chances of 3rd shot staying on green is very high.

3rd shot, aim right apron regardless of pin placement. For sure stay on green.

Another alternative, 3rd shot go past the green so that your 4th shot is an uphill chip. Then can attack pin for chip in birdie or easy bogey.

How? Doable?

Good advise. Will try that next time. A doable par 5 as mention keeping on fairway is essential. Even if you 2nd shot land in the bunker, you still can reach in 3.

How about hole 8? There is a tree branches that stick out into the fairway, making the launching area tight as you aim left it will be into the rough at 150 yards stick. If you hit as per normal, times your tee shot will hit the branches stick. I saw some golfers hit an intentional slice.

Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:52 am

Denmeister wrote:
[If you can place your 2nd shot on the left, then chances of 3rd shot staying on green is very high.

Careful hor! Too much left is OB!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:02 am

Hole 8 Hole Par 4, Index 5

This should be the tightest fairway in RJCC with ob on right and unforgiving slope on left. To top it all off, from blue tee, you will have an even tighter fairway to shoot at as a tree on the right is slanting to the left making the right side of the tee box virtually unusable.

For me, I usually do a hit and pray approach. And it's better to err on the left side rather than hit ob right.

Long draw hitters should aim at right side to carry right Bunker so that they are left with less than 100 yards to the green.

2nd shot, just aim left of pin as no matter how much backspin you think you can generate is of no use. The severe left to right uphill slope from the front of the green will still make your ball roll right.

Having said that, if you pull your approach too far to the left, the downhill chip is EXTREMELY tricky as the fast down sloping green will make your chip roll out of the green.

As for the rest of us shorties, target for a bogey for this hole n win with your chocolate here.

Keep tee off on fairway
2nd shot should be short of right front Bunker. If you try going long n right of the front bunker, that area is very soggy n you may not be able to find your plugged ball.
3rd shot, aim left of pin about 1-2 putter length.
2 putt for bogey, run fast fast!

This hole is quite tough as it requires an accurate tee off, a strategic placement of the 2nd shot and good lag putting.

Now if things do not go according to the above plans, bite the bullet and aim for double bogey. Get the ball back to fairway and restart from there. This is not a hole for hero shots.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:13 am

Gofnut wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
[If you can place your 2nd shot on the left, then chances of 3rd shot staying on green is very high.

Careful hor! Too much left is OB!

Hahaha, left of apron bro... if pull so much until ob, then I also no eye see liao
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:20 am

Walau, I not so powderful hitter leh. 2nd shot can carry right bunker already very good lor. Also, fairway slope to left and usually the rough there very thiick hor. But nevemind, this saturday I try your style! Yes, this green very hard to keep the ball on (most of the greens in JGCC in fact!) Always must land the ball on front half of the postage size green. If short of green, ball gets plugged. Sei beh difficult!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:27 am

actually i find the greens "bouncy"....

i had a hard time checking the ball.... the ball just rolls n rolls
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:47 am

slinger wrote:
actually i find the greens "bouncy"....

i had a hard time checking the ball.... the ball just rolls n rolls

Like what Gofnut said, on green ball will roll, short of green ball plugged.

Don't know if This works for others, swing with a smooth tempo and keep the trajectory low. That way, the spin in the ball will help check the ball. Contrary to what people think, a high trajectory with a fast tempo does not impart more spin. I see more soft low shots bite more than my high shots
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:12 am

Denmeister, I heard some kaki and caddy there mention there will be some renovation going on probably end of this year, relocating the clubhouse, maybe even proposed turfmate to be implemented.... how true is this?
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:20 am

slinger wrote:
bro.... i also have been recording all these in my little book

next time we share notes...

@slinger - WOW! u mean u really take notes of courses tt u play. This is serious, man. I think i hv to consider the same thing to lower my score.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:39 am

Flash wrote:
Denmeister, I heard some kaki and caddy there mention there will be some renovation going on probably end of this year, relocating the clubhouse, maybe even proposed turfmate to be implemented.... how true is this?

NATO: no action, talk only.

This talk has been going on for quite some time but nothing concrete. Give it 1 to 2 more years
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Green size table in yards

Hole/size in yards measured from front to back
1 and 10 / 26
2 and 11 / 22
3 and 12 / 30
4 and 13 / 34
5 and 14 / 30
6 and 15 / 21
7 and 16 / 27
8 and 17 / 38
9 and 18 / 24

As RJCC distances are measured to front of green, the numbers above will make the distances more comprehensive
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

Post deleted. Pls see Hole review in sequence

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:52 am

Hole 1, Par 4, Blue Tee: 426. White: 399. Red:380 (all distances measured in Yards to front of green)

Out of Bounds: None
Hazards: All open drains are marked as lateral water hazards. So if you do enter the drains, it is a penalty. If resting in the edge of drains, it is a free drop.

There is a row of drain on the right hand side of the fairway bunker. Be sure to give that a miss.

I usually tee off from the right side of the tee box, taking aim at the right greenside bunker. If I were to pull the shot and still stay in my own left rough/fairway (meaning stay on Hole 1 and not crossover to Hole 9), the slope of the left side will bring the ball back to the right.

Long hitters may want to aim center of fairway and baby draw to the left edge of fairway. With the kick of the slope, the run can be as much as 50 yards!

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next