Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide

Go down 
+16
yaozza07
asahi
sillytesky
ahnah
beehome
Gofnut
Flash
Duval_S
playgolf
Technospaz
kamen
slinger
zhenxua
lewisloh
pushslice
Denmeister
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:53 am

Hole 2, Par 5

Dogleg right.
Aim for left fairway nearer to the bunkers. If you go right, it is a downslope towards the hazard drains. Unless you are really damn "sway" that day, the hazard drain is usually not in play. Just punch out to the fairway and reset. This is a 3 shot Par 5 anyways.

If you tee off to the fairway and past the bunkers, you will be left with a 220y severe uphill 2nd shot. True distance may be 240y with Ob at the back of the green. I usually lay up to my fav distance and go for the green in three.

There is a small but deep front greenside Bunker on the left and another bigger bunker on the right. Laying up on your second shot will keep them out of play. Play 20 yards short of the green and you will still have a birdie putt after an easy chip into an uphill left to right sloping green.

Easy Par or birdie Hole. Low handicappers usually Up on This Hole for baccarat.

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:53 am

Hole 3 Par 3 152 yards (Blue) 142 yards (White) 122 yards (Red)

A severe downhill Hole which I usually play 2 clubs weaker.  The bunkers are very good at catching wayward shots.

If the pin is at the front, always aim right as that will take out both bunkers.
If pin is in the middle, you better make sure you are si beh accurate.
If pin is at the back, erring to the left will be ok.

Beware of the OB towards the back and right of the green.

Green slopes uphill from left to right.  Quite a fast green and if you were to miss it to the right, the chip can be quite a test as the sides of the green is very steep and will stop your ball from climbing in.  If my ball lands on the right side near the bunker, I will usually use either a 9i or PW to attack the slope.  The ball will hit the slope and bounce up and onto the green.  This will not work if you are using a wedge as the loft will weaken the shot.

Last edited by Denmeister on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Hole 4 Par 5 Index 3

Dogleg Left
OB Right Side

Tiger Line, aim for Casuarina Tree on the left side and you will eliminate OB and land your ball near the upslope.  If long enough tee off, you may have a chance of 2 on if your 3wood can carry 250 yards. If not, just layup to your favorite approach distance and go for the green.

Green slopes from left to right and there are two greenside bunker on both sides.  The right one is usually a non factor.  So if you wanna play safe, miss to the right to leave yourself with a uphill putt.

Last edited by Denmeister on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:54 am

Hole 5 Par 4 Index 1

This is a long Par 4 that requires a good tee shot to the fairway.  Aim for left fairway 150 yard marker.  Taking tiger line on the right is a gamble as there are trees that may catch the ball and leave you with a tricky downhill 200+ yard shot.

Second shot is an uphill shot which you need to club up about 2 to 3.  Aim for the right side of the green as you don't want to get caught by the left bunker about 20 yards from the green.  It is quite an adventure trying to get out of there.

If you are getting strokes from others, it is advisable to play for a bogey by laying up on your second shot.

The green is quite big (for RJ's standard) and it has a slight hump near the upper middle left of the green.  Play for an uphill putt as missing long can result in a 3-putt.

Last edited by Denmeister on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:54 am

Hole 6 Par 4

Easy hole for long hitters.  Aim anywhere on the fairway.  Usually left with a 100 yards. A wedge in will make the ball land soft and depending on how far you are away from the hole, a birdie is easily attainable.

For short hitters, erring to the left is better even though there are trees there.  At least you don't have to deal with the uphill slopes on the right side in addition to the trees.

If you do get yourself in the trees, bit the bullet and layup to the right edge of the green.  Your chip in will be much easier as you would have taken out both the front and back greenside bunkers.

The green slopes towards Hole 7's pond.

Last edited by Denmeister on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:55 am

Hole 7 Par 3 179yards (Blue) 162 (white) 138 (Red), Index 15

If pin is placed in center of the green, always tee off from right side of tee box and aim right of the pin.  The uphill right to left sloping green will help the ball roll to the left.

Just make sure you have enough club to carry the water hazard guarding the front of the green.

Quite a straight forward hole.

Last edited by Denmeister on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:56 am

8th Hole Par 4, Index 5

This should be the tightest fairway in RJCC with ob on right and unforgiving slope on left. To top it all off, from blue tee, you will have an even tighter fairway to shoot at as a tree on the right is slanting to the left making the right side of the tee box virtually unusable.

For me, I usually do a hit and pray approach. And it's better to err on the left side rather than hit ob right.

Long draw hitters should aim at right side to carry right Bunker so that they are left with less than 100 yards to the green.

2nd shot, just aim left of pin as no matter how much backspin you think you can generate is of no use. The severe left to right uphill slope from the front of the green will still make your ball roll right.

(The green is the biggest green in RJ measuring 38 yards from front to back. So please club up accordingly based on pin placement. )

Having said that, if you pull your approach too far to the left, the downhill chip is EXTREMELY tricky as the fast down sloping green will make your chip roll out of the green.

As for the rest of us shorties, target for a bogey for this hole n win with your chocolate here.

Keep tee off on fairway
2nd shot should be short of right front Bunker. If you try going long n right of the front bunker, that area is very soggy n you may not be able to find your plugged ball.
3rd shot, aim left of pin about 1-2 putter length.
2 putt for bogey, run fast fast!

This hole is quite tough as it requires an accurate tee off, a strategic placement of the 2nd shot and good lag putting.

Now if things do not go according to the above plans, bite the bullet and aim for double bogey. Get the ball back to fairway and restart from there. This is not a hole for hero shots.

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:56 am

Denmeister wrote:
Hole 9, Par 4 index 7.

Always tee off to left side. If you play a fade, all the better. Going into the fairway Bunker is much better than missing right.

Don't miss right!!! The thick rough to the right of the tree line is bad news. A lot of lost balls. Hit a provisional when you go there.

2nd shot, aim for back of green. As This hole is an uphill slope, and protected by deep bunkers on both sides at the front, going long is a better option. Although there is ob at the back of the green, trust me, you will never reach it. I usually club up 2 clubs for my approach. The green measures 27 yards long, that means that a blue pin is 2 clubs longer than a red pin. Choose a club that you are accurate with. Again, don't go right, lost ball territory. Always err to the left.

Green is uphill from the front with a severe left to right break as it gets closer to the back of the green. If you overshoot the green (quite rare) opt to putt instead of chip.

If choosing to layup on 2nd shot, play 25 to 30 yards short of green. Then it will be an easy uphill chip to the pin. Play a chip and long run.

this is the long par 4 with bunker in the center fairway???
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:57 am

Hole 9, Par 4 index 7.

Always tee off to left side. If you play a fade, all the better. Going into the fairway Bunker is much better than missing right.

Don't miss right!!! The thick rough to the right of the tree line is bad news. A lot of lost balls. Hit a provisional when you go there.

2nd shot, aim for back of green. As This hole is an uphill slope, and protected by deep bunkers on both sides at the front, going long is a better option. Although there is ob at the back of the green, trust me, you will never reach it. I usually club up 2 clubs for my approach. The green measures 27 yards long, that means that a blue pin is 2 clubs longer than a red pin. Choose a club that you are accurate with. Again, don't go right, lost ball territory. Always err to the left.

Green is uphill from the front with a severe left to right break as it gets closer to the back of the green. If you overshoot the green (quite rare) opt to putt instead of chip.

If choosing to layup on 2nd shot, play 25 to 30 yards short of green. Then it will be an easy uphill chip to the pin. Play a chip and long run.

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:57 am

Hole 10 Par 4

OB Left. For long hitters, a good strategy is to tee off with a hybrid or iron to leave yourself with a full shot to the green.

Unless you are good with your 60 to 40 yarders, you can use your driver.

Play for a draw even though there is ob to the left as a slice or a cut may lead the ball to the 13th hole tee box. The right fairway bunker can also be very inviting at about 190 to 200 yards.

Once on the fairway, the downhill approach shot needs to be spot on as the area before the green tends to be soggy and plugged balls are very common.  So just chiong for the green.

There is no break on this green.  So wherever you are, just aim for the middle of the cup.  Don't be misled by the slopes.  I assure you, there is no break.

Easy birdie if you can GIR this hole.

Last edited by Denmeister on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Hole 11, Par 5

OB left

Tee off keep on fairway very important. No need driver.

Second shot aim for floodlight on left. No need to Chiong, but if have distance to reach apron in 2, then easy par.

If you can place your 2nd shot on the left, then chances of 3rd shot staying on green is very high.

3rd shot, aim right apron regardless of pin placement. For sure stay on green.

Another alternative, 3rd shot go past the green so that your 4th shot is an uphill chip. Then can attack pin for chip in birdie or easy bogey.

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:58 am

Hole 12 Par 4 Index 2.

Long hitters with 250m carry should attack the right bunker at the start of the dogleg.  The bunker is not visible from the tee boxes, so aim left of the right tree lines.  

Approach shot should club up 2 as you are faced with a severe up slope.  aim left center of green.

The green is protected by bunkers on both sides and is sloping left to right.

short hitters or lay ups should just aim left of 100y marker on the left side. The slope of the fairway will kick the ball right.

Last edited by Denmeister on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:58 am

Reserved for

Hole 13
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:59 am

Reserved for

Hole 14
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:59 am

Reserved for

Hole 15
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Reserved for

Hole 16
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

Reserved for

Hole 17
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

Hole 18, Par 4, index 4

The whole stretch of drain on left is Hazard Red.

This should be the longest Par 4 of the club. Measuring 452 yards from the blue tee, it is a constant climb up to the green. The green is 27 yards long so if you factor the uphill n the green size, This is easily a 500yard Hole.

Those looking to Par This Hole will require a solid tee off to the center fairway. If you are left with 150yards, please play 185 yards.

There are 2 fairway bunkers before the center one. Spraying your tee off will definitely mean you should play a double bogey score. If you still try to go for the green from the bunkers, Duval's favorite center Bunker will be waiting for you. If you get past the center one, the 2 greenside ones will also be waiting.

Keep your approach shots away from both the greenside bunkers as the blast out from either bunkers will most likely leave you with a difficult breaking putt to the hole.

Going above the pin will also leave u with a very tricky downhill putt. Even Casanova will putt out of the green

So how?

Play Old Man golf.
Tee off a condom shot (safe but not satisfying) into the fairway.

2nd shot get past the center Bunker.

3rd shot chip into the green to leave yourself with an uphill putt.

Go for your Par or bogey.

Last edited by Denmeister on Tue May 28, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:02 am

slinger wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
Hole 9, Par 4 index 7.

this is the long par 4 with bunker in the center fairway???

No Andrew, that one is Hole 18.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm

I hate the 18th hole....too long...stupid bunker in the middle....stupid green slope here slope there......go over flag got to putt down hill which is damm fast.......

but wil I be back?

Definitely !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I hate the 18th hole....too long...stupid bunker in the middle....stupid green slope here slope there......go over flag got to putt down hill which is damm fast.......

but wil I be back?

Definitely !!!!!

Duval, for most of us, this is a par 4 and a half! So gotta lower expectations. For me, bogey is a good score. Par would be a handsome bonus! Most of the time double bogey though. One hell of a challenging hole and I guess that is why we keep coming back. Beer
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Updated a few holes
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Hole 18 is really the Final Countdown. Commando walk uphill towards the hole, where the clubhouse and seating gallery awaits you. Bunkers in the centre fairway and guarded the green to challenger your egos and strategy, plus the thick rough at the right will trapped you with high score. Unless you are like K.J. Choi and others who hit it in 2 during RJCC host Iskandar Open, this hole is tested your character to complete the round.

Love it or hate it, you gonna do it anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

added new updates for holes 3 and 7
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Denmeister wrote:
added new updates for holes 3 and 7

I figured you would but I thought your update to #7 would be more straightforward, i.e.

"Look at the hole and chiong. Sure can'wan!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide    RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RJCC / JGCC (JB) hole by hole guide
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next