Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pain at upper back

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:57 pm

I noticed many people have pain in lower back, how abt anyone having pain at the upper back left side near armpit level ? If so what would be the usual cause of it? Kinda feeling the pain during the takeaway...
Back to top Go down
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:28 am

Dear Ironstarz.

Is your pain just inside of your shoulder blades? If so, it is likely the Trapezius muscle. I am no physiotherapist, butr I too, will experience pain to intense pain in that area, mostly on the left side. Here's a link from youtube you can check out on how to stretch that area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCaBiYs63k4

I remedy it with an analgesic called Rosiden which I believe can be gotten from the pharmacy, together with a hot/cold pack. Rubbing a cold pack onto the affected area for about 5 to 7 minutes then switching to a hot pack. towel dry and apply the analgesic. Then I take two ponstan capsules. Stay off golf for a few days at least, my doctor tells me it can be hard to fix once it becomes chronic. From information gathered, if the pain persists for more than two weeks, you should see a doctor.

* I am not a medical professional, just speaking from experience, so see a doctor!

Dan
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:11 pm

ditt wrote:
Dear Ironstarz.

Is your pain just inside of your shoulder blades? If so, it is likely the Trapezius muscle. I am no physiotherapist, butr I too, will experience pain to intense pain in that area, mostly on the left side. Here's a link from youtube you can check out on how to stretch that area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCaBiYs63k4

I remedy it with an analgesic called Rosiden which I believe can be gotten from the pharmacy, together with a hot/cold pack. Rubbing a cold pack onto the affected area for about 5 to 7 minutes then switching to a hot pack. towel dry and apply the analgesic. Then I take two ponstan capsules. Stay off golf for a few days at least, my doctor tells me it can be hard to fix once it becomes chronic. From information gathered, if the pain persists for more than two weeks, you should see a doctor.

* I am not a medical professional, just speaking from experience, so see a doctor!

Dan

Thanks for the reply!!! My pain is at the lower fibre area. So can i still do the stretching as well ? Will it helps ?

Pain at upper back 6a010510
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:28 pm

are you bending over too much and not maintaining a good spine angle? it might the source of your problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I supposed so. Just now my mate just mentioned i am bending over too much. Maybe i shd relax more....
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey,

Saw a few of our senior golfers wearing Phiten waist support
Accdg. to them it helps

click here
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 pm

hmm i checked out the net, it seems like i am having back muscle spasm. Prob going to Sinseh.

Hybrid.
thanks for the link, I may not need it for now as it's for the lower back. But thanks for your recommendation. I will KIV it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pain at upper back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain at upper back   Pain at upper back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain at upper back
Page 1 of 1