Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick Empty
PostSubject: Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick   Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Reviving another article from TH days... hope everybody enjoy.

This review is for the T Pro Speed and Impact Stick.
(Reviewed on 15th March 2009 by Rocky)

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0002

First impressions
My first impression of the equipment is that it seems flimsy and did not look very sturdy. The entire housing for the circuitry is made of plastic with an LED at the top. The housing also did not show signs of waterproof or splash proof. More on that later.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0005

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0006

The design of the knob also showed a lot of resistance. It was difficult to turn and needed a little getting used to.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0022

Using the device
Speed Mode
In speed mode, the device is used to measure your swing speed. Turn the knob upwards until "SPE" shows up on the LED.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0010

Then press the Speed Mode button. The LED will become "---".

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0011

You can also turn on the LEDS for added illumination.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0015

Take a full swing and take your reading. My swing speed ranged about 86mph to 91mph.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0013

Checking back on the chart showed that the recommended loft on my driver should be 11 degrees (which btw is irrelevant to me right now as I don't have one!), hits a 7 iron to 139 yards (127m) and a 9 iron to 117 yards (107 m). This sounds just about right for me.

Impact Mode

In impact mode, turn down the knob to the desired distance. Here, I have turned it down to 250 yards.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0016

Take a full swing. If the impact is right, you will hear a loud click from the device. This is to simulate the firing of the club. The click should sound at the bottom of your swing and not before that. If the click sounds before that, you might be casting the club at the top.

Mornings and warmups
I tend to practice with the device when I get up in the morning and before I retire to bed. I realised that my swing speed is better at night than in the morning. In the mornings my maximum swing speed is about 90mph. At night I can hit up to 100mph. I also realised that warmups help alot in increasing swing speed. Before warming up my swing speed will be in the 70s. After some warm ups and practice swings, I can reach up to 90mph.

Less than 50mph swing speed
This is a bit debatable and may be an isolated case. This device only records swing speeds 50mph and above. Therefore if you have a swing speed less that 50 mph this device is not for you. On the other extreme, if you have a swing speed more than 120mph, this device might not be for you either. (Although I seriously don't know this because I don't know anyone with swing speed more than 120mph!)

Lack of waterproof
If you wish to bring this little baby to the golf course you might want to be wary that this device is afterall, an electronic product. Bring a plastic bag or anything waterproof to protect the head.

Battery compartment
The battery compartment was accessible but there is some difficulty to remove the batteries if you are trying to pry them out with your nails.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0017

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0020

Lack of tech support
Googling "T Pro" on the internet brought up little information on this new toy. As a electronics buff, I am extremely particular about online information and tech support. Lack of such information tends to steer me away from such devices.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0023

Distance chart/Club fitter chart
The device also comes with a club fitter and distance chart. This chart shows the recommended loft of the driver based on swing speed and also tells the distance of your driver, woods and irons.

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick SwingStickReview_0026

In this time and age, I would think that such charts be available in electronic form. Nevertheless, I have a version in Excel format and is available to anyone who is interested.

Final comments
On the whole this is a good device to have if you are looking to improve your impact position. It is also a good practice tool if you have space at home.

Acknowledgements
DGMan for lending me the device
My Dad for picking up the device
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick   Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Another great review, Rocky!!

Some suggestions:
1. Can you include price (if possible)? If there's no price as yet, just mark it as TBD or identify who to ask.
2. Can you identify where the item can be purchased?
3. Can you give an overall score (%). Of course, this is totally arbitrary and left to your discretion.
4. Can you also identify competitive products, if any?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick   Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Another great review, Rocky!!

Some suggestions:
1. Can you include price (if possible)? If there's no price as yet, just mark it as TBD or identify who to ask.
2. Can you identify where the item can be purchased?
3. Can you give an overall score (%). Of course, this is totally arbitrary and left to your discretion.
4. Can you also identify competitive products, if any?

1. Price is sensitive. I need to seek DGMan permission if price was to be quoted. Some people might get into hot soup if price is revealed. I'd rather leave it open. PM me or DGMan if need quotation. I think that is better.
2. I think everything here, by default, can be bought at BFG. Unless stated otherwise. Hahahaha....
3. Score is very subjective. I personally don't like to give score because there's no comparison. If I am doing a comparison I will give score. I was hoping DGMan would lend me the 4 rangefinders but the opportunity never came. I had the comparison matrix in my head already but things didn't work out, so too bad.
4. Will take note of competitive products. I think that's a good idea.

Thanks, Technospaz. Good luck on your Triple Crown. I think by far you are the most colourful character in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick   Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review: T Pro Speed and Impact Stick
Page 1 of 1