Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tee's movement after driver shot

Go down 
+3
chemicalpro
Birdman
BigBogey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBogey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Tee's movement after driver shot Empty
PostSubject: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:33 am

Notice that, after a pro tee-off driver shot, the tee will jump /rotate vertically up and land slightly behind the original tee position. Other times, the tee will be hit forward.

I understand that for driver tee-shot, we are suppose to hit the ball on the upswing. So, my guess is that if we are doing it this way, then the bottom edge of driver head will "clip" the edge of the tee on its way up. The tee will be "bent" forward and when the head goes past, the tee will "spring back" and rotate and land slightly behind tee-spot.

Other times, the driver head may catch the ball too much in the horizontal direction than vertically upwards. Or the driver head may be too low, so instead of "clipping" the edge of tee head, it contacts with the bulk of the tee head, so on the driver head's way through, it takes the tee forward as welll.

Think this makes sense?

I know you might wonder "why the heck u bother about the tee when its the ball that matters?!" I was just thinking whether the feedback of our shot from the tee, can let us know if we can improve our ball striking further.
Te
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:13 am

Exactly what I was thinking "why the heck u bother about the tee when its the ball that matters?!"

ROFL

I'd rather look at my ball flight. In any case, ground conditions are never consistent, so how do you expect the tee to react consistently each time? If the tee's reaction actually told you something significant, there would be some kind of literature on it already. Haven't come across any yet....

The only one I know of is that if the tee is broken, then your attack angle is too steep and you are hitting down instead of sweeping up.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 am

I'm with you on this one Big... ALWAYS BLAME THE TEE! STUPID DAMN TEE! Mad
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 pm

I think both are right lah.......... Anyway thanks for the tip!!! Swing

But what if the tee doesn't move and stays at its original position? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 pm

My friend can hit the ball until the tee fly off but the ball remains at the same location in the tee box. affraid
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:10 pm

wow......trick shot?
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Can call him to teach me? Swing
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:15 pm

UL pee on his bermuda when he saw this shot! We laughed until no strength to teeoff for the remainder holes.
Back to top Go down
fatmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fatmax

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:18 pm

BigBogey wrote:
Notice that, after a pro tee-off driver shot, the tee will jump /rotate vertically up and land slightly behind the original tee position. Other times, the tee will be hit forward.

I understand that for driver tee-shot, we are suppose to hit the ball on the upswing. So, my guess is that if we are doing it this way, then the bottom edge of driver head will "clip" the edge of the tee on its way up. The tee will be "bent" forward and when the head goes past, the tee will "spring back" and rotate and land slightly behind tee-spot.

Other times, the driver head may catch the ball too much in the horizontal direction than vertically upwards. Or the driver head may be too low, so instead of "clipping" the edge of tee head, it contacts with the bulk of the tee head, so on the driver head's way through, it takes the tee forward as welll.

Think this makes sense?

I know you might wonder "why the heck u bother about the tee when its the ball that matters?!" I was just thinking whether the feedback of our shot from the tee, can let us know if we can improve our ball striking further.
Te

I totally agree wif ya, was ever taught by my coach to assess ball striking quality in this manner too... But at times i do hit good shots without the tee flying aft..... however that shd not be a major concern, ball flight is prob most impt...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tee's movement after driver shot   Tee's movement after driver shot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tee's movement after driver shot
Page 1 of 1