Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Today, I had the honor to witness with my own eyes how Driver is meant to be used.

After watching 2 well-known individuals (in their own rights) in my flight tee off......... I am still in the state of shock of how the ball can defy gravity as it has such long 'hang time' aka Carry...before it landed....

Check this out......on one hole, I am one PW maybe even 9iron behind them........and i tot I had max out my driver.....

Fm now on, I want to re-brand / re-name my clubs....I am going to name my current driver as Wood #4.....hehehehe

This is just chapter #1 .......the beginning of many humbling experience....ssssssss

Lastly.....Thanks a million to the 2 individuals for the game and another although he could not make it.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Wow! Playing with pros?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey bro Duval, what time did you play? I Teed off at 9 am. Walk in and joined 2 young expats maybe somewhere mid twenties. Both have good long drives, but sometimes I match them. Still hitting my average in the 90s so nothing to complain about.

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Tituman wrote:
Hey bro Duval, what time did you play? I Teed off at 9 am. Walk in and joined 2 young expats maybe somewhere mid twenties. Both have good long drives, but sometimes I match them. Still hitting my average in the 90s so nothing to complain about.

titu

ahhhh.....we tee off at ard 745am.....is one of the young expat ( in purple top)???? He borrowed one of our fairways...

hope to have a game with you soon
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Think so ha ha.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Tituman wrote:
Both have good long drives, but sometimes I match them.

titu

Since you can match good long drive, means you have improved a lot since the first and last time we played. I still having very short drives leh. Can coach me?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

hi Duval,

Where are the other chapters? Interested to know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Both have good long drives, but sometimes I match them.

titu

Since you can match good long drive, means you have improved a lot since the first and last time we played. I still having very short drives leh. Can coach me?

Of course can't beat your consistent always in the fairway 250m minimum carry drive la. Out of your league totally Nutty. You won't be able to chio me to bet with you unless you give me 5 - 5 ? Then that will be abit more fair lor. Your Par 3 so chun, already got 1 HIO in your belt. I can't even on Par 3. I CMI one la.

titu

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC   A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 am

Quote :
nutty88 wrote:
hi Duval,

Where are the other chapters? Interested to know. Wink

I am quite an intensive golfer.....my playing schedule is once per month (cap to 6-8 hours per month for golf)....which explain why I don go range and my HC std + playing std....sighhh...as a result..bo pian...sure kena humbled one

Stay tune....next game should be soon...I hope...
Back to top Go down

A Humbling Experience: Episode 1 of xxxxxx @ MBGC
Page 1 of 1