Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How you initiate your down swing?

Go down 
+2
jhan18
TigaWood
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

How you initiate your down swing? Empty
PostSubject: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:35 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am

arms wind the body, body unwind the arms. a great tool for your swing if you are struggling with your downswing would be the impact stik. By trying to create the impact sound at impact, it would help you feel what creates the speed on the downswing. Don't worry mate you'll get there! You are already on the right track with your backswing!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Would it be right to visualise a curve path on the down swing and after hitting the ball e.g in, out, in
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:08 pm

out would be the answer.. which means you are extending your right arm completely throughout the impact & you will have a pretty good spin on the ball..
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:50 pm

seebayho wrote:

This question gets asked a lot and the simple answer I give is "it depends on where the downswing starts from" If your hips/legs are out of position at the top of the swing, then they will have to initiate the downswing. Hence if your hips/legs are in the correct position, then the arms can initiate the downswing. Neither is right or wrong, but there is not a generic answer for this question.

The swing initiating with the hips will however have some negative effects on being able to transfer your weight correctly after impact. This video below will hopefully explain things better and show the differences

Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 am

Thats a good before and after...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you initiate your down swing?   How you initiate your down swing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1